if you live in the US and are 18 or older - GO VOTE!

I dont care which idiot you vote for or if you write in another idiot of your choice, but voting is not only a right but a responsibility.

Use it or we will eventually lose it.

And if you dont vote you dont get to voice your opinion about any candidate. Because your vote is the only opinion that matters when it comes to a political candidate.

*steps down off soapbox*

Edited by gogoblender

True. In belgium voting is mandatory. Whoever doesn't show up, can get fined or even proscecuted in a court of law.

I allso consider it a privilege to have this right. I think it's a shame some people don't vote. Sure, Belgium with it's 10mil population doesn't come close to the epic proportions the US has on voting days, but still.

Whoever you wanna vot for, just DO it. Don't get idiotic about it, and say: what does my vote matter... Well, it matters, trust me !

Heh, we went out to the polls at 6:20 a.m. (they opened at 6:00) and there was a line two blocks long . . . then I noticed a second, far shorter, line. Turns out, people with last names starting with A-M were in the long (2 hour) line and people with N-Z in the short (15 minute) line. By the time we actually voted (~08:15), people with names T-Z could go right in, N-S waited 5 minutes, and A-M waited about an hour and a half. Bizarre that the turnout was so skewed alphabetically! The problem being that the names of registered voters were in 6 books, alphabetically.

Is there anywhere, where I can view the exit polls :)

I'v been looking for sites, but not even big ones like BBC or CNN seem to feature them atm.

(this is ok with forum rules right? It's not a political statment, Ijust want to know where the exit polls are shown :D)

try msnbc.com they are doing live updates once the polls close at 8pm EST tonight. wont find much before hand as there isnt much hard data until the polls close.

And it took me 15 minutes this afternoon at 4:30pm and that included voting, and parking and hiking to the bldg (we have paper ballots and a magic marker to vote). my last name was in the line with nobody waiting...

try msnbc.com they are doing live updates once the polls close at 8pm EST tonight. wont find much before hand as there isnt much hard data until the polls close.

And it took me 15 minutes this afternoon at 4:30pm and that included voting, and parking and hiking to the bldg (we have paper ballots and a magic marker to vote). my last name was in the line with nobody waiting...

Then again they were expecting a "HUGE" turnout ....of 5000 voters at my town.... yup the joys of a small town ;-)

A college political science professor I knew from my college days had a great philosophy about voting. He said " There may not be anything that you want to vote for, but there will always be something you'll want to vote against." And as a result I have never missed a day at the polls. I was in the booth right next to Mom at 4:30.