Sacred: Not appropriate for Christians

many people use the term "christian" to justify the blinders they put on themselves and demand others wear too.... It allows them to make thier narrow minded perverted view of how the world should be seem like a rational idea ...

For the rest of us Sacred should be a blast... ;-)

Guys concentrate the talk on the review it self not the fact that the review on this page is meant for a religious group. Since you know the forum rules include no religious talk. :P

The same review can apply to nearly every RPG made--some more than others. Look at Ultima 8. To complete the game, the player would eventually have to learn to use the pentagram and candles.

I was staying with my Aunt for a few months and her kids found the game manual for Ultima 4, with all the spells listed. She bagged it up and tossed it out.

Well guys, as a preacher of 20 years standing and a committed, born again christian, I personally think Sacred is one of the best games I have ever played! Unfortunately, the reviewer is not reviewing it from a Christian viewpoint, but from a Religious viewpoint, which is completely different.

From a religious viewpoint, I could find numerous reasons why the game cannot conform to my faith, ie 2 characters (Daemoness and Vampiress) are clearly creatures of evil and the costumes worn by the Seraphim are clearly lewd and erotic. Therefore the whole game must be treated as suspect.

As a christian, I say that the game offers me the chance to play from different perspectives, avoiding those that I do not find compatible with my beliefs. For example, I never play the Daemoness, and although I tried the Vampiress, I did not feel comfortable playing her. That said, I just avoid those 2 characters and take great pleasure using the other 6 characters in my holy crusade to trample the forces of evil underfoot. As for the Seraphim, her costumes never made me think of prostitutes, but then perhaps I think about prostitutes less often than the reviewer does.

I personally say that no matter what game you play, film you watch or book you read, someone somewhere is going to be less than impressed with it, because of their personal beliefs. Fine, let them think what they like, because every individual is responsible for their own faith, morals and ethics. No-one should have someone elses forced upon them! In the meantime, here is one christian who is going to continue playing Sacred, smighting the forces of evil, and enjoying every minute of it!

Edited by podgie_bear

They appear to be doing a review based on the demo *shudder*, no wonder they thought it was very buggy...

From the Appropriateness section (& kinda as an adjunct to what podgie said), I can only assume that they're reviewing from the more fundamentalist/bible-thumping side of Christianity (ie, what I believe that you get a lot of in the US' deep south, amongst other places). I'm surprised that they didn't mention the use of magic (a big no-no as I understand it in Christianity/the Bible, after all, if magic were good, we wouldn't have burnt witches/etc several hundred years ago).

No offence but Sacred 2 still has it's bugs... As a SW with NetherAllegiance, my skeletons wack out running in the air or in the ground, enemies dissapear in hills only to walk out again seconds later... Char & NPC's gets stuck behind a grass leaf, etc. Enough bugs but hey, that's why it's called Sacred :cow_white:

Edited by Timotheus

I heard that Harry Potter was burned (well the book :hugs: by some literalist evangelical churches. Or at least denounced as unholy book... in my humble opinion it is craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy. So that vid has the same label... my personal opinion that is always objective and right :P

(is this of the topic?)

edit> I feel like I am violating the rule... delete this if so, not important anyway

Edited by chrenus

That was a pretty awful review. This part here:

Sound: 50

Disappointingly, the sound and music quality is very, very low. There is no voice-acting whatsoever (at least not in the demo), and the battle sound effects are barely acceptable. The most noise your enemies ever make is a few barely audible grunts and squeels. Did that Goblin just burp?

Really got my goat. I don't think I'm going to comment on the appropriateness part, as I could be here for days :D

Thanks everyone for keeping to the TOS rules for no religious discussions here at DarkMatters. Yes, this topic's slightly on the edge of our rules, but...I guess everyone once in a while, and with Sacred being involved. a little bending is okay.

Cheers

:D

gogo

p.s.I just realized this dude just did this entire review from the demo :blink:

r days :blink:

Thanks everyone for keeping to the TOS rules for no religious discussions here at DarkMatters. Yes, this topic's slightly on the edge of our rules, but...I guess everyone once in a while, and with Sacred being involved. a little bending is okay.

Cheers

:D

gogo

thats cause we were too busy trying to get and eat the cookies that kat was munching on .... they had chocolate on/in them and smelled delish ... ;-)