ffdshow audio decoder

tomi

hey guys!

I found a little grey and a shining red icon on my pc.

it's name is ffdshow audio decoder! (haha dont remember it's name correctly and it just disappeared!)

Even if it gone now, im worried, since it appears sometimes. I guess it's not an evil programme and I think the guys installed it where I bought my pc, but

I'd like to know if it warns me or what does it do? Oo

*also since I made a topic lets ask this too:

-Several of my downloaded films has an error. xy files gives an error when I want to extract them. Is it bcos if my pc? (if I download that 1-2 parts again it works well for the 2nd time)

Thanks! :)

1st hit on google with 'ffdshow'

ffdshow is DirectShow and VFW codec for decoding/encoding many video and audio formats, including DivX and XviD movies using libavcodec, xvid and other opensourced libraries with a rich set of postprocessing filters.

Decoder, nothing harmful :);)

Edited by Timotheus
I found a little grey and a shining red icon on my pc.

it's name is ffdshow audio decoder! (haha dont remember it's name correctly and it just disappeared!)

Even if it gone now, im worried, since it appears sometimes. I guess it's not an evil programme and I think the guys installed it where I bought my pc, but

I'd like to know if it warns me or what does it do? Oo

As timo said, don't worry its nothing to worry about :)

-Several of my downloaded films has an error. xy files gives an error when I want to extract them. Is it bcos if my pc? (if I download that 1-2 parts again it works well for the 2nd time

This is caused by the download being interrupted and missing a small (or large) section of the file, corrupting it if it is an archive, whereas this is less likely to affect a picture or music.

Missing a section of a file is usually caused by downloading too many files at once (mostly if they're on the same server) or an interruption in your internet connection

;)

~Doom

Ahh I see the interrupted one, but the

programme...still dont get it, but thanks for help! I'll try to translate it lol

At least nothing bad ;)

Thanks again! :)

You know that movies (.avi files) get encoded in formats like DivX and Xvid?

FFDSHOW is an decoder so you can watch those type of formats. It should pop up everytime you watch a .avi file that's encoded in Xvid or DivX. :)