What you think about Sacred 2

Welcome to Darkmatters, The Lord of the Dark!

Ahh, yes ...Sacred 2. Well, I'm going to give up a secret. For the first time in my life, I've lost more than ten hours a day over the last five days to ... Single Player!

:devil:

Ayup... I keep saying it over and over again... SP :P My internet connection has been lost for the last five days, and the only Sacred fix I could get was playing SP. I've gotta say, the lag for me over the oceans while playing on the European servers has been...deadly? :devil:

And getting the quick switching of Combat Arts to work in machine gun fashion (just the way I like it) delights me. I've fallen in love with the environments, monsters, and ...ahhhh, the builds...glorious builds. So many, and so much variety offered.

Yes, I think the game is great...and addiction level?

Seraphic

:hugs:

gogo

The game is really fun. Exactly what I expected. The world is beautiful and the game has some really cool ideas that enhance the gaming experience.

I agree, it is a little buggy, but it's still playable.

And like Gogo, on the European servers, the lag has been deadly TWICE! I lost 2 High Elves!

For the moment, I try to finish the Campaign at least once in Single Player, after that, I'll play Multiplayer.

Max

The game is a TRUE masterpiece :butcher: I still get the chills when I think about the first time I saw the intro on. Using high sound that was a wonderfull experience :D

Tho yes, the game is quite buggy it's never been a real problem to me.

And strangely enough I still don't know how the "Death" animation looks like :blink:

But it has been real close sometimes. :D

Only thing that bugs me is the "grass + rat" combination... That's a true hate factor for me because they are like finding a needle in the haystack then :)

Sorry, have to say..

Sacred Underworld > Sacred Plus > Sacred 2 > Diablo 2 > other similar games...

Still pretty good game, as D2 was a good game even it has it flaws in my taste. Same thing whit Sacred 2. Those things are too major to be fixed anymore.. as they are choses that have been made when the game was on the drawingboard.

What are your cons then, obs?

If I should have to mention the worst parts of Sacred 2 that would include bugs, the controls, rotating cam and the CA system..

Bugs: self-explanatory

Controls: I want my bound keys back!

Rotating Cam: Can't see half the stuff I'm supposed to see. Trees/buildings are a real nuisance with this new cam system, they don't go transparent!

CA system: too many trees for every char, and too much modification...

I am pretty addicted and have huge trouble playing the char I made as I get ideas to start others constantly :blink:

need to play on my fathers computer so I only play like 5 hours a day :D

If I should have to mention the worst parts of Sacred 2 that would include bugs, the controls, rotating cam and the CA system..

Rotating Cam: Can't see half the stuff I'm supposed to see. Trees/buildings are a real nuisance with this new cam system, they don't go transparent!

too much modification a con?

well, to my taste it is actually good...

I cant play sacred 2 - I need a new computer...

too much modification a con?

well, to my taste it is actually good...

I cant play sacred 2 - I need a new computer...

Well as a beginning player it is a con. I don't even know what I will run in to and all, so how can I pick my damage modifications wisely?

I didn't say that I dislike Sacred 2, these are jsut the things I would say when I would have to answer the question what sacred 2's points of improvement are.

And yeah, the pc thing... Even on low it's pretty demanding.

The feeling is not the same anymore.

- Items are not as interesting as before.. I don't get that rush of looking forward for good RSM belt or boots or whatever like in S1. Trading doesn't feel as interesting as before.

- Combat Arts, too much buffs, too little different moves = too limited ways to build a character. Only one interesting character. Inquisitor.

- New CA time system

- Level desing, too tube like, not feel like open world anymore. Mountains or trees are blocking your way where ever you move (atleast in the parts where I have been), same problems as whit underworld parts in first sacred.

The feeling is not the same anymore.

- Items are not as interesting as before.. I don't get that rush of looking forward for good RSM belt or boots or whatever like in S1. Trading doesn't feel as interesting as before.

- Combat Arts, too much buffs, too little different moves = too limited ways to build a character. Only one interesting character. Inquisitor.

- New CA time system

- Level desing, too tube like, not feel like open world anymore. Mountains or trees are blocking your way where ever you move (atleast in the parts where I have been), same problems as whit underworld parts in first sacred.

I agree with the items part, and the point on level design...

Have to say though, I really believe the current item system will recieve a serious overhaul at some point though, seeing as theres many posts about it on the official forums.. And the tubelike world design (at least on elven and human worlds) doesnt bother me that much, jsut that I'd prefer more open-ness :)

Have to agree on items as well. The mods are so incredibly small and I'm unable to make up what they do exactly.

Combat Arts: definitely agree on that. Although the Inqui is not that interesting to me...

Level design: too many rocks and too much forest. But well it's hard to change that.

To me, Sacred 2 doesn't seem like it is better in any way than Sacred Underworld.

Not a lot worse, but I miss a lot of the feelings I had in Sacred.

Funny about what you guys are saying about the game having too much tubey level stuff going on. Just the other day I was thinking to myself that finally...they managed to get all the excellent open spaces from Sacred and the labyrinthine mazes from Underworld all done up nicely in one package.

I still haven't seen all the game yet, but I've found the Bashai (khorum?) desert area superb for rounding mass stone soldiers, spiders, scorpions and scarabs, and then cooking them all up at once.

No trees to get in the way, nothing to hinder the view of beautiful death and carnage. If you guys are looking for that kind of play, definitely take a trip to the desert...and maybe there's even more areas like this still as yet undiscovered.

:P

gogo