Sacred 2 Guides - BeeEffGee

lol I was thinking of trying this build in your guide myself, but sure yeah, aslong as you dont call it your own :)

Finally, I think I'll let you write your guide with my program, since there's some things missing about your guide that you're the only one to know (Attributes, Combat Arts, etc.)

Max

• 1 month later...

After playing through the BFG seraphim to over level 100, I think this build needs a little HP boost, since it lacks shield lore because of the BFG weapon. The Warding energy produces a nice shield, but once it's depleted when the seraphim is overrun by mobs, the things get bad. REALLY BAD. She can be dead in seconds. I don't like it, since I just died because of that reason. I'm positive that the BFG build can be a wonderful HC build, and this death pretty much ruined my ideas. This is why I decided to look at it from a different point of view. I don't like to die.

For that reason, I think Constitution is much better choice than toughness, or combat reflexes, or whatever.

This makes me rethink all my BFG builds I've made so far. I wouldn't leave out Enhanced perception and bargaining (except if you already have a shopper)... Having those two is just way too juicy. I have discovered that she has a certain close combat weakness when she's surrounded, which makes me consider taking revered lore for flaring nova and archangel's wrath. This means I will have to sacrifice a few skills in order to get others in that build.

The skills I will most certainly need are: tactics, ranged lore, concentration, armor lore, constitution, enhanced perception, bargaining, warding energy lore, revered lore, revered focus. This is a total of 10 skills. I was still killing everything with 1-2 hits, so I think I can forego Exalted warrior. The points I'll be putting in tactics lore will be enough to mod all the necessary skills there.

The bad thing here is that in this build you must either play with secondary skills, or not. Enhanced perception is nice, it will make the drops slightly better, but without bargaining to let you put useful stuff in all those sockets you will have available, EP loses half of its value.

I have this now:

level 2 - Tactics Lore

level 3 - Ranged Lore

level 5 - Concentration

level 8 - Revered Tech Focus

level 12 - Enhanced Perception

level 18 - Bargaining

level 25 - Armor Lore

level 35 - Revered Tech Lore or Exalted Focus

level 50 - Constitution

level 65 - Warding Energy Lore or Exalted focus

Point distribution will be slightly hard:

-> 1 point should go to Tactics lore EACH LEVEL.

-> Ranged lore can remain at 1 point for a long time, since the BFG buff takes care of it.

-> Concentration can stay at 1 point, since + all skills will get it over 75 which will give you a temporary mastery and you can have 3 buffs.

-> Revered Tech focus should be your second priority. It will help you mod BFG and will reduce the regen times for the skills.

-> Enhanced perception can remain at 5 points for a while, opening Bargaining and benefiting only from + all skills stuff. You can start adding points after hitting 75.

-> Bargaining is very important. You will want it to have points equal to at least 1/2 of your level and as much + all skills to compensate for the missing points. I'm saying 1/2 because if you follow my play style, for a long periods of time you will not be adding points in bargaining and you'll have to compensate.

-> Armor lore can remain at 1 point and benefit from + all skills. However, once you start seeing that the mobs are taking the better of you, start adding points consistently

-> Revered Tech lore - once you get it, it will be a good idea to start investing in it in order to get better damage on the Combat Arts.

-> Constitution - you will want that skill up to 75 ASAP. This means 3/ out of the 5 points you get here each level till 75. 25x3=75 - enough to get the mastery, although if you play with + all skills stuff, you will most certainly have a temporary mastery by now. Still, this skill is vital. Having HP regen in combat is way too juicy. Having quick and powerful HP regen in combat is a lifesaver.

-> Warding Energy Lore - I'm actually pondering about this one. You can go with or without it. It can be substituted for another skill, preferably a defensive one. Still, I'm going along with it. More shield means you can take more damage. This can't be dismissed.

GOING IN-DEPTH. IT WILL BE LONG, SO CONSIDER WHETHER YOU WANT TO READ IT, OR NOT :D

So, point distribution should be something like this:

level 2 - 1 point in tactics

level 3 - 1 point in tactics, get ranged lore

level 4 - 1 point in tactics

level 5 - 1 point in tactics, get Concetration, add 1 point in it

level 6-7 - 1 point in tactics, 1 in concentration (3 here now)

level 8 - 2 points in Concentraton (5 here), get Revered Focus

level 9-11 - 1 point in tactics, 1 point in Revered Focus

level 12 - Get enhanced perception. You get 3 points per level now. Distribution: 1 point in tactics, 1 in Revered Focus, 1 in Enhanced perception (you have 2 points in EP now)

level 13 - 1 point in tactics, 1 in EP, 1 in Revered Focus

level 14 - 1 point in tactics, 1 in EP (4 here), 1 in Revered Focus (5 here)

level 15 - 1 point in tactics, 1 in EP (5 here, enough), 1 in Revered Focus (6 here)

level 16 - 1 point in tactics, 2 in Revered focus (8 here)

level 17 - 2 points in tactics (it's maxed now), 1 in revered focus (9 here, the BFG buff is fully modded)

level 18 - Get Bargaining. 1 point in tactics, 2 points in bargaining

level 19-24 - 1 point in tactics, 2 points in bargaining

level 25 - Get armor lore. You now have 4 points per level. 1 point in tactics, 3 points in bargaining. You will need them. The BFG weapon should be powerful enough as it is to 1-shot almost everything, and revered focus will benefit from all the + all skills items you will find in the shops.

level 26-28 - 1 point in tactics, 3 in bargaining (you should have 27 hard points in bargaining if my math is correct)

level 29-34 - 1 points in tactics, 1 in bargaining (it's equal to your level now), 2 remaining. I would save them, since level 35 is Revered lore and it will be nice to dump a nice amount of points there at start)

level 35 - 1 point in tactics, 1 in bargaining, get Revered Lore, dump all free points in it.

level 36-49 - 1 point in tactics, 1 in bargaining, 1 revered lore, 1 revered focus (this will start modding the Combat Arts you will use, and will improve the damage)

level 50 - Get constitution. 1 point in tactics, 3 in constitution, 1 left (you get 5 points per level now). Alternate between Revered Lore and Focus.

This is the basic point distribution till level 50. From 50 to 75 you must add 3 points in constitution per level in order to get better HP values and have 75 hard points in the skill. After you hit 75, you can stop adding points in constitution and start working on armor lore, revered lore and enhanced perception. You will benefit from quite a lot of + all skills by now (should be over 120 + all skills by all means) which means you have temporary mastery at all skills you have left at 1 point.

Combat arts should be kept at respectable level in order to ensure a good regeneration time. Since this is not a caster build, I consider a good regen time to be something like this: Archangel's wrath at about 5-6 seconds (since we won't be using it constantly) and Flaring Nova between 7 and 10 seconds (for the same reasons - we need it only when our Seraphim is surrounded). Exalted warrior Combat Arts will be used at low levels for the extra damage, mainly Dashing alacrity and Soul Hammer (I found Soul Hammer to be a good boss-battle opener).

Stat points should be diverted in dexterity till level 30 to ensure good damage values and better chance to hit. From level 31 to level 49 you should alternate between dexterity and vitality (50%-50%). From level 50, things get a bit different. Consider your CA regen times. If there are way too high, start adding points in Stamina, but keep in mind that Dexterity and Vitality are still our top priority, so alternate between those three.

So far this has worked for me without any problems. My HP never went below 60%, even in the boss battles. The new Charity is 77 now, breezing through Platinum and pretty much 1-shotting everything.

Edited by Dobri

Built a toon with Erling's specs that worked great until level 30, then my BFG right click fire quit.

Bfg is at level 10 with 3 mods. Really like this build.

Guess I'll have to start over again, maybe, if I can get game to install.

Hey, leveling a seraphim using your guide and I'm just wondering; what level should I keep my BFG at compared to my characters level? Also should I be using runes to level up skills like Combat Arts, BFG and Warding Energy? I currently just have Pelting Strikes and Soul Hammer as Combat Arts and they're only level 2. Thinking of getting Archangel's Wrath and Flaring Nova since the Revered stuff will get points anyway.

Should I be using runes to level those up since I'm only level 27 right now and this is my first char so I don't have access to sweet gear and my player chest is loaded with runes and I have over 1mil cash so I can get lots of runes of my choosing.

In my opinion, it is all about your playing style. How often do you use Pelting strikes/Soul hammer? If you like to use them often, you should keep the BFG buff to a level where it does not overburden the regeneration time of these CAs. As for the normal regen times... I'd say like 4-5s at most. If you usually play with minimal or no use of the CAs, pump it up, and the sky's the limit. The BFG weapon can 1-shot pretty much everything. The only requirement for it is that you have ranged lore - as long as you have it, everything's perfect. You can be level 50 and sport a level 100 BFG weapon without any penalty.

Seems like I'll be buffing up my BFG then since I mostly use my current Combat Arts on bosses :) But I think I'd like to have some Area of Effect so I guess I'll probably be getting Flaring Nova and keep it at a minimal regen time.

Oh, and I've also done the class mount quest so I can swap my exalted warrior one to further lower the Flaring Nova's regen

Also, what do you think about Enhanced Perception instead of Combat Discipline? It just doesn't seem too worthwhile for me as I basically just shoot everything except bosses down with my BFG.

Edited by Gupux

I think that if this is your first char, you will need EP + Bargaining by all means. If not, only EP will be just fine. EP will help a lot to find the best equip for your seraphim. Its benefits start from skill level 1, regardless of the tooltip. So go for it :)

Hey, leveling a seraphim using your guide and I'm just wondering; what level should I keep my BFG at compared to my characters level? Also should I be using runes to level up skills like Combat Arts, BFG and Warding Energy? I currently just have Pelting Strikes and Soul Hammer as Combat Arts and they're only level 2. Thinking of getting Archangel's Wrath and Flaring Nova since the Revered stuff will get points anyway.

Should I be using runes to level those up since I'm only level 27 right now and this is my first char so I don't have access to sweet gear and my player chest is loaded with runes and I have over 1mil cash so I can get lots of runes of my choosing.

My BFG toon is at level 52 now with level 80 gun and 76 runes in it.

Was using flaring nova but not doing enough damage so using pelting strikes.

It gives you two quick shots if you right click your gun.

Was also using warding energy but found mobs knocked it down too fast so went to battle stance, much better.

Last level 49 dragon I took out went down in less than ten seconds.

Make sure you pick the right relics for the fight.

Listen to these people, they know what they are talking about.

hehe, I think you know quite a bit by now aswell jimdingsdale :)

And Gupux, I think of the build as an idea, not a manual ^^ whatever suits your toon and you best, Dobri's suggestion is a good one :D

hehe, I think you know quite a bit by now aswell jimdingsdale :D

And Gupux, I think of the build as an idea, not a manual ^^ whatever suits your toon and you best, Dobri's suggestion is a good one ;)

Hehe yeah, it's just that as a newbie I'm prone to making bad decisions :P

I think I'll be replacing Exalted Warrior Focus in addition to Combat Discipline on my seraphim so I can get both EP and Bargaining since this is my first character, and my Exalted Warrior Combat Arts seem just fine with low spell levels. Plus I get them modded through Tactics Lore anyway. Tried Flaring Nova but it sucks balls it seems so I'll probably only be using it for the stun mod later on. Archangel's Wrath seems nice for bossfights though, for cycling between Combat Arts.

Edited by Gupux

I don't think removing exalted will be a good idea. Having a battle stance at high level is a blessing. High levels of battle stance means higher chance to reflect and evade (with proper mods). Dashing alacrity is also very nice. If I were to remove a skill, I'd rather sacrifice revered lore than exalted focus. If you want EP + bargaining, you will need to rely heavily on defense and quick killing, so exalted focus and revered focus (for more levels in the 3 buffs) are essential.

I know I omitted exalted in my idea for a build a few posts above. But I've done some additional tests, and I'm at a crossroad. I'll either have to sacrifice exalted or revered, or take both at the expense of warding lore.

Now that's a big decision...

Edited by Dobri

Question nr 1:

Tactics Lore is useless here, if I understood or is this a perquisite for BFG buff to work?

So why taking Tactics Lore to modify the CA from warrior aspect,

since we have Exalted Warrior Focus?

Question nr 2:

Why choose a weapon lore at all? First post says not to put points,

but is this perquisite for BFG buff too?

Edited by Spyrus
Question nr 1:

Tactics Lore is useless here, if I understood or is this a perquisite for BFG buff to work?

So why taking Tactics Lore to modify the CA from warrior aspect,

since we have Exalted Warrior Focus?

Question nr 2:

Why choose a weapon lore at all? First post says not to put points,

but is this perquisite for BFG buff too?

tactis lore is more or less you damage.. its a +%damage skill.

bfg is a weapon.. you create a weapon, a lore is needed for the weapon to have a decent attack speed, you dont need many point because the bfg weapon boost ranged lore (aswell as tactics lore) :P

you should try to read a little on the wiki about skills ^^

Hey, here's how my BFG seraphim is doing so far. Any comments on how she's doing?

Also I'm still unsure about pumping up my CA levels. Considering I only use damaging Combat Arts on bossfights should I just boost my Archangel's Wrath and Soul Hammer to the max? Also wondering about ideal levels for Divine Protection, Dashing Alacrity (don't have that one yet) and Warding Energy? My BFG level is pretty much capped right now until I can put more points into Revered Tech Focus.

seraphim.JPG

You should've modded battle stance by now. Make sure you do this at the next possible opportunity. You will most certainly need the extra evasion, the reflection, as well as the damage.

Yes I will be modding that next. I actually only just learned it since I ran through bronze with Warding Energy and BFG buffs, but then I realized that only bosses can even hurt me through Warding Energy so I went ahead and started using Battle Stance instead :(

As for Battle Stance mods; I should take Aggression and Flexibility?

Edited by Gupux

It will take time because you don't have exalted warrior focus, but that's ok. My favorite mods are:

Premonition - increases chance to hit by 12.5% + 2.5% per level. Since you'll be learning a lot of BFG runes, damage will not be a problem.

Flexibility - extra evasion

Retaliation - extra chance to reflect close combat damage

Things should be very easy for you up until level 60 or so. Until that you'll be able to get a 3rd buff - then you can go add warding energy.

Well, Erling, you know I'm always ready to cover up for you when you're not around, right? :(

I'm happy for you, Gupux. Set items with 3 sockets are difficult to come upon. Keep in mind that rings and amulets with + all skills and death blow % is also very nice for the BFG seraphim, but you can switch to that at a later time. It's so nice to see that things turn out well for you so far.

Generally, he should. However, since he's playing BFG, the weapon itself may have him survive for a long time even with high combat art regen times. However, I totally agree with you, Spyrus - good regen time CAs will be essential in platinum.