How much Magic Find do you guys have on your characters?

Don't laugh

0.2 % here

lol, k, I'm laughing too :) I've just never though of having it on any of my builds. And since I've always played MP, there's always friends around to trade stuff with.

I'm curious about you guys and how it's affecting your drops and playing because of it. I mean, to have really good MF, we'd have to trade out a part of our damage or def, right?

:4rofl:

gogo

Well.. 25,7% :(

It's very low, my char is level 30, and the survival bonus up to 68%, but I've found just one piece of set.

Unique Armors are less rare, I've found 7-8 of them.

But I have to say that I played almost before updating the game, so I can't say if now the situation is going to go better.. :blush:

I'm guessing you have between 20-24,9% map explored then Llama :blush:

I've noticed that SB does not increase MF for some reason. But it seems to go to 0.1% at 5% map revealed nomatter how much SB I have.

my HE level 15 with 38% SB has 0.2% MF with 11.8% map revealed.

My Dryad level 109 with 93.1% SB has 0.1% MF with 7.8% map revealed.

:(

Yes, actually I move quite alot Erling :bow:

But I have a highly functional time schedule...

Mondays - Thursdays: 0700 - 1600 (School), 1610-1700 (homework), 1700-1730 (Dinner), 1730-2400 (Undecided. I might to and hang with some friends, or I might play Sacred :P)

Fridays: 0700-1500 (School), 1500 - till I wake up at saturday (beer)

Saturday - Sunday night: Gaming :)

So, yes... I do move :P

There is another variable from drops, besides Survival Bonus and Chance to find Valuables: Danger class.

T-Energy monsters are much tougher than their regular counterparts. I think their danger class might be different (but I can't be sure). Similarly, Champions, Elites, and Bosses, would all have higher danger classes.

There is another variable from drops, besides Survival Bonus and Chance to find Valuables: Danger class.

T-Energy monsters are much tougher than their regular counterparts. I think their danger class might be different (but I can't be sure). Similarly, Champions, Elites, and Bosses, would all have higher danger classes.

Ah ha! I thought so!.. I had always thought that a risk/time or something that involved risk was involved in the equation for finding items. It seems like in HC everytime my heart races...I get an item. This has happened for years now, and seeing you write about it is great. Do you think that this Danger Class has other permutations? Like Danger from numbers, or other ways?

:P

gogo

p.s. Trust, I love the way you put that link in to the map...Didn't know we could do that...awesome! :bow:

Well numbers will have a higher chance of drop simply because of the amount. You roll your chance to drop at every kill, so if you have 25 Kobolds attacking you...but Kobolds being weak, their danger class (and experience) is low.

The demon thingies in the last region of the game are much tougher in comparison.

Depending on what you want, you can achieve it by sheer volume of kills alone. Killing tougher enemies means less enemies, killing weaker enemies means needing to kill more. But you have to concern yourself with your survivability more, since Survival Bonus counts there. If you can kill 10 tough guys, then die, or an infinite amount of kobolds, go for kobolds.

While T-mutants are supposed to be better, I linked to that specific pool because the other ones I tried (like the big one near the desert) had drops that were nothing like the ones from those specific monsters. Plus, now there seems to be a boss not far from there :bow:

Hehe, Schot is an amazing source of info about things he makes on wiki :P

Put, I thought it was ~10-15%, but I could be wrong. I was hoping that they would tie in the MF bonus to map discovery, which is a nice idea & makes me want to explore a bit more (I've been trying to go to different areas anyway).

You're right Put, I had ~19% world discovered, now it's gone up to ~20% & the MF has hit 0.5%.

I have 11% MF so far. From equipment mostly. I never noticed an inherent one, but didn't pay attention.

Edit: *removed the end of the post, made its own thread*

Edited by Little Sara
I'm guessing you have between 20-24,9% map explored then Llama :)

I've noticed that SB does not increase MF for some reason. But it seems to go to 0.1% at 5% map revealed nomatter how much SB I have.

my HE level 15 with 38% SB has 0.2% MF with 11.8% map revealed.

My Dryad level 109 with 93.1% SB has 0.1% MF with 7.8% map revealed.

:)

Excellent information

Thanks for posting this Put

Any other secrets you're holding out on us?

gogo

Like 10% or something, I'd much rather prioritize like this:

1: Not look crappy

2: Kick Ass

3: Stay Alive

4: Look goooooood!

5: have mf :P

I prioritize

1: Kick Ass

2: Stay Alive

3: MF

99: Look good*

I prefer doing that in real life :)

Excellent information

Thanks for posting this Put

Any other secrets you're holding out on us?

gogo

Not that pops into my head at the moment. But then again, hey! I just woke up :P I'll try to remember if I do :P

Because my numbers weren't even correct :P Since Llama hit 0.5 MF at 20% WD then you'd get 0.1% at 4% WD :)

Not 5% WD :P

Like 10% or something, I'd much rather prioritize like this:

1: Not look crappy

2: Kick Ass

4: Look goooooood!

5: have mf :P

*cough*

After just dying on the last boss, Ill change it this way:

1: Get revenge

2: Not look crappy

4: Kick Ass

5: Look better than last time

6: have mf :P

I went from:

1) Look good

2) Look good

3) Look good

4) Look good

5) Look good

6) Kick butt

to:

1) Not look crappy

2) Kick butt

3) Stay Alive

And then:

1) Stay Alive

2) Stay Alive

3) Keep good looking gear in inventory for screenshots

I went to that pool again with about 4% mf, and found quite a few nice items :)

Seems like a decent farming and leveling area.

I have something like 40%+ and I've found... a lot of set items and I seem to find them more frequently from monsters than I do bosses. I have an abundant amount of uniques and I usually find a gold item every few mobs I kill. It might also help that I have +61 to all skills and +21 more to enhanced perception resulting in a total of like level 83 enhanced perception.

I've also noticed that if you have high MF and high EP the bosse's (some of them) chests give an equivalent drop as the boss does. So when I kill my dragon I essentially get 3 drops haha (it's the dragon near the Grundwal or whatever it's called teleporter which Ascaron, for some reason, won't let me activate anymore).