Dryad Nature Weaver build?

Llama8

Has anyone made a Nature Weaver build? Using Edaphic Lances for damage, Ancient Bark & maybe Acute Mind?

We were just discussing a build like this last night...another possibility is a melee build that uses Acute Mind to boost damage because the build uses staves (int boosts damage on staves) and it is apparently crazy damage. I'm currently working on my Melee HE, but I may work on this build soon...but kinda concentrated on my melee HE.

StiCk_eM

I tried and failed... got the feeling that some chars have some serius aspect trouble...

im not sure but seems like TG only works melee and for dryad: hunter is like 5 times better than the other aspects

btw: wee stick, I make melee HE aswell :P

Edited by Erling

I'm actually working on one as we speak :(

and I do think it'll shine an become the most powerfull build in history... when it reaches level 100ish -.-

Because Acute Mind is really powerfull, but regens wont sink low enough for it to be usefull before you get the regen time to about 3 secs lower than duration

I was thinking about this topic for two days now. I do love the Nature Weaver stuff...but I'm using it already in conjunction with my Dryad Darting Assault build. Nature Weaver probably has THE best buff in the game (I just know they're gonna nerf it Put :() So working with that buff gives you the choice of two others... I'd probably go with voodoo...but I don't know much about moribund animus.

So let's look at the choice of Offensive Combat Arts here.

Entanglement...AMAZING against bosses...best looking CA in the game IMO...but only for one monster at a time.

Thorns...supposed to be against groups...but never gotten it high enough...do you guys think this could be wielded very VERY fast...sorta like a fireball? If so...the pattern would spiral out of the toon, and if you could spam it... hmmm, maybe this one has potential ^^

Viperish Disease...GREAT spell...but it takes a while to get going...

All this...and it comes down to us needing a quick hitting spell akin to something like a mages fireball.

Torment?

Yes, this could probably do it. But it's against one monster only and only a DOT... dunno...so far there's nothing in the arsenal mentionned here that looks like it could/would be really useful against taking out massive mobs?

Put you holding out on us?

:D

gogo

Thorns...supposed to be against groups...but never gotten it high enough...do you guys think this could be wielded very VERY fast...sorta like a fireball? If so...the pattern would spiral out of the toon, and if you could spam it... hmmm, maybe this one has potential ^^

Early on, at least, Edaphic Lances is more like the Sorc's Inferno from D2 (except that it's not aimable). If you could get it to a very low regen/fast cast, that would allow you to spam it & it would be more useful against mobs, but then it'd be low damage...

Though Acute Mind might be helpful in boosting the damage.

when I first read the description of thorns I thought it would be great... but its like 1 very thin line... you cant ask opponents to stand in a line and wait

it would be so awsome if it were kinda like deathly spears TG thingy... 360 degrees

I would never hold out on you guys lol :)

Acute Mind is key.

And so is edaphic lances

When you get sick enough regens and are able to eat 2/5th's of your runes into acute mind, you'll see that for each rune eaten... Cooldown decreases by like 0.1 sec or so... and seeing you'll need to get it from 40ish regen to about 14 secs, this build wont shine within the first 100 levels.

But when you do get regen below duration on Acute Mind, your Edaphic Lances will propably have enough thorns to hit ALOT. (Note that These lances can work in partially the same way as GT and BT. Alot of numbers will start to show up :)

But since the cast time of it is soo darn slow I'm thinking that Cabalistic Voodoo FOCUS could be usefull. due to the fact that it spreads like the pest. And with Acute Mind running, it will propably do a whopping ammount of damage :P

But as I said. I'm nowhere near "There" yet... So it's still unknown if I'll be a viable and highly functional build.

Fortunately I took the "reduces cooldown" mod for Acute Mind, with that the cooldown reduces to 40s & (certainly at level 2), the cooldown reduces to 39.8s, though it seems like subsequent levels are decreased by 0.1s.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone made a Nature Weaver build? Using Edaphic Lances for damage, Ancient Bark & maybe Acute Mind?

Yes I started 1 the 24.th. int

After killing the str test same build, that wasnt wery good and died as level hmm 59 or so.

The new do surprisingly well, int with spear just for funn.

I got level 55 a few mins ago, full Leaves & twigs set.

My spec. of line so far :

Goldenglade touch (also for party) :

Bandege - for rapid healing. Amity - for healing pt members if close when cast. Amity - also for party healing.

Heals 1.680 hp/sec. level 25. Party members 840 hp/sec. Lasts 12 secs regen is 8 secs.

Edaphic lances :

Thorns - more thorns. Stings - more dmg. Barbs - bleeding wounds.

It do good dmg when long range I got 18 thorns as level 25, usually hit 4 times on each small monster. If big like flying deamon boss 8 - 10 hits, same on dragon. Dmg 1.531 reg. 4 secs. Dammage is around 300 % tweaked with acute mind.

Ancient bark :

Rugged - increace all armor types. Divert - chance 2 deflect close combat. Effortless - bark cost less regen to run.

Its a must for nature int builds.

Tangled wine :

Sprawl - longer dur. of wine. Impair - monster attack speed lower. Last not chosen yet - Encroach .. I hope it makes it area ca he he.

The last I spec is acute mind when higher level. I am only level 55 for now.

From Tactics , 31 points:

Darting assault:

Reload - more hits. Wounding - chance of open wound. Rotate - for attack all way around you.

Yes I use it for my close combat when needed, with a Optimus minimus spear ( +5 all ca´s, ice ). Or a Cordell´s javelin of war ( +4 all ca´s, fire ).

Mostly to bash monsters to Edaphic lances reload, he he.

Forest flight:

Roots - chance 2 root enemy, if they get it fixed. Escape - break immobilizing spells. Escape ... same.

Its good for getting free of traps, not having 2 run loooong way. Absolutely needed.

My skills :

Nature weaver focus - maxed 55. Low regen is a must.

Nature weaver lore - maxed 55. Better dammage

Tactics lore - 31. He he yes, because I spec. 2 hunter skills: Darting assault and Forest flight.

Combat reflexes - 21. Evade is good, also chance to avoid crit hits.

Ancient magic - 21. More magic dmg. for lances when acute is reloading he he.

Enhanced perception - 6. Most my chars got ep 6, makes drops ok for me.

Concentration - 1. Just in case I need another buff as higher level, I ONLY use bark now.

Riding - 1. Hmm didnt know what 2 choose, maybe get some points to lessen longer reg. time on mount.

Constitution - 4. That was wery good from level 10 - 20. now bark give me what I need + bonus from Twigs set.

Last skill , hmm dont know yet. This was only a test char ( level 55 ) he he, but she´s funn.

Ah well I write some more about her, when she get higher level.

But its actually a really funn build, not ranged. With extra attack skill 2 pass time.

• 4 weeks later...

My nature build as level 68 update on things:

Skills :

Nature Weaver lore

EP

Nature Weaver focus

Combat reflexes

Ancient magic

Tactics

Concestration

Constitution

Armor lore

Riding

Why these skills :

Nature weaver lore / focus. Gives low regen and higher spell level MAX them.

Ep . I always get ep 6 for somewhat good drop rate of sets.

Combat reflexes . Got ½ of my level, evade is nice since I hate crit.

Ancient magic . Got ½ of my level for better dmg, when acute regens.

Armor lore . Got points, since I have full level 75 twigs set on from level 61. Massive penalty, needed 2 do some about that.

Tactics . For spec of Darting assault & forest flight. I use Darting assault with spear 2 pass time until edaphic lance regens. ( 30 points )

Concentration . For 2 buffs as low level 1 point only, after level 45 I only use Ancient Bark

Constitution . For more hp as low level , got 3 points only.

Riding . hmm maybe I should have chosen a weap skill, but her dmg is low - eheheh magic build not weap.

Specialitation of skills & why :

Darting assault : Reload ( more hits ), Wounding ( I like dmg over time when mobbing as low level ), Rotate ( hit all around you )

This eats 9 points tactics.

Good for mobbing low level , I used it massively until level 45. With spear xD.

Forest flight : Roots ( will root enemys where you tele from, when they fix the bugg ) , Escape ( break hold spells ) , Escape ( same break hold/root)

This will eat another 21 points for tactics.

This you need for getting out of root/ hold etc. Also wery cool when in maze ( cave after seraphim isles )

Edaphic lances . Thorns ( more thorns = more dmg on large mobs ),

Stings ( more dmg ), Barbs ( bleeding wounds, dmg over time finish of mobs not 1 hitted )

This skill got full spec as skill nr 2.

This skill when attacking on acute mind makes me 1 kill most dragons in gold.

Wery good on large monsters , they get hit by 19 spikes a 3.559 dmg normal. On acute its 19 times 6.207 dmg MUAHAHAHAH .

But it can be hard 2 hit small running kobolds & other annoying mobs with, takes some practice.

This attack skill is cone shaped and its best at long distance & will kill large monsters like dragons FAST.

Tangled wine . Sprawl ( longer duration, nice when killing bosses in gold ), Impair ( slows monsters attack speed, wery nice when boss mobbing ), Encroach ( was supposed 2 make it mini Area of Effect but got bugged , I hope they fix it soon )

This got full spec as skill 3.

It made me go kill all bosses in gold as level 60

Goldenglade touch . Bandage ( healing every sec when running , so good ), Amity ( party healing too ), Amity ( more party healing )

This got full spec as skill nr 4.

Its wery good party healing skill, besides that level 42 it heals me 2.959 hp a sec. if unlucky I use 1 pot in 12 hours

This party heals ½ of what it heals me every sec. If they are in range when I cast it .

Ancient bark . Rugged ( increase all armor values ), Divert ( reflect dmg, kobolds in gold kill themselves on me ), Invigorate ( improved healing, I need healing for my insane play style )

This is FIRST to spec of all your skills.

At level 42 ca it gives me: Resistance bonus 8,487, defence 470 %, 449 hp a sec, phys resisitance + 1,549, poison resistance + 1,082.Its so important, do spec it FAST.

WARNING this skill makes you 20 % fire sensitive. Easier & longer burn + 20 % extra dmg. Killed many of my dryads

Acute mind ( not spec yet, dont really need spec it with full set on )

Profiency ( for less reg time ), Insight ( more int, tweaks dmg more ), Easiness ( also less regen time )

Basicly I run around in gold and collect 20 + mobs for 61 secs.Then cast acute and ANGEL of DEATH rain destuction on all living monsters for 16,8 secs.

This ca is level 37 and only gives me extra + 1.247 int = angel of death. Lasts 16,8 secs, regen 60,8 secs. Oh & ½ regen time of all ca when running.

Basicly shes funn char, but parked for now. Because my highest char on ladder is a dead toon, I hate that.( so remaking astral lord - Odin )

Shes here if you are interested :

http://www.sacred2.net/#/char.html?char=111381

PS she got full Leaves & Twigs set tweaks her ca´s all skills etc from slotted amu´s etc. I only read 1 rune of all my ca´s.

Pics of her skills etc with set on:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1528851

PPS as you can see in pics, last I killed with her was 4 guardians, and well 2 hit with weap sux he he.

Edited by D-molisher

This is fantastic! I just started my Nature Weaver build tonight. I'll have to try some of this. Mine's a tish different. I was planning on taking Cabalistic Voodoo lore and focus for Moribund and totem. The extra guy could act as a gatherer for mobs and it would never hurt to have totem shootin' away. Also, on the line of Moribund, does the summoned monster benefit from lore? In specific, the first mods, armor and damage, do they see any increase percentage-wise when you put points into CV lore? Again, awesome build! ;) I was really trying hard to decide on EL mods and was thinking like you (only, I'm going to take the fire mod for the last one. . . I think. . . bleed with that high dmg would be NUTS. . . :cool:)

• 2 weeks later...

With fire as mod in EL, it wont be really good against dragons and other fire imune mobs.

But basicly just give it a go, this int char is tough and rough. REMEMBER spec BARK wery fast. :thumbsup:

Actually a good tanker - got level 71 today, killed the bosses again.

Carnach couldnt do me much dmg - 1 pot used and hes fire. ( gold server 3 man ingame )

Soon I can start modding AM, still thinking about that. I might spec it int - int - less regen ( prob making a test char 2 see which I like most of specs ) .

Anyway good luck :pirate:

P.S Wine Area of Effect work now, but wery short range. The monsters need 2 stand on eachothers boots, or just hold hands for it to work. :drunkards:

Edited by D-molisher

Super duper cool, Naturist got level 75 last night after doing boss smatting party with clan (DA) friend.

We killed: 4 Guardians, forest boss, grunwald dragon, the boar, sinister prince, miasma, swamp dragon, dessert dragon, jungle boss, the orc mini boss, garkolossus, carnach & the fire golem.

This made me go from level 71 to 75.

And now I got first spec for AM - Profiency. Its wicked makes my regen go down 35% as level 41 ca, now she is getting truly wicked character for all bosses.

I got the 2 nature specialty skills as masterys as first skills, next are ancient magic - 8 points to go . :P

I was partying a seraphim close combat build, she was faster killing all normal and champ monsters. But couldnt beat me in killing bosses, she only got 2 of the bosses as kills, rest I got.

I 1 hit all tre dragons, in 2-3 man gold game. Total use 5 hp pots.

Edited by D-molisher
  • 4 weeks later...
1 shotting dragons must be fun^^

The Dessert dragon - combo misfires 3 times or 4 .

http://www.xfire.com/video/87327/

The swamp dragon - this PWN

http://www.xfire.com/video/873c3/

The scorpion - he was a little hard :(

http://www.xfire.com/video/8732c/

R.I.p Naturist level 76 :)

Welcome Naturist too level 15 EU

Edited by D-molisher

Level 60 here:

Skills :

Nature Weaver lore

Nature Weaver focus

Combat reflexes

Tactics Lore

Capricious Hunter Focus

Concentration (Ancient Bark + Sinister Predator)

Armor lore

Spell Resistance

Ranged

(at 65 Damage Lore)

Combo 1:Darting assault + Ravaged Impact

Combo 2:Tangled Vine + Edaphic Lances

Combat Art 3: Dust Devil

Combat Art 4:Acute Mind

To answer your question the Build is half Nature Weaver as you can see.

To that half path I use Acute Mind just at the time that especially combo 2 and / or other two arts

are regenerated to regenerate them quicker and have the intelligence boost when

triggering them

Ancient Bark with the 3rd mod for life regeneration will save you all the times and it is

advised to modded it before any other art.

Edited by Spyrus
Ancient Bark with the 3rd mod for life regeneration will save you all the times and it is

advised to modded it before any other art.

Yes no matter what dryad GET BARK AND SPEC IT FIRST.

Good luck all

New naturist too is level 15 now, but remaking my undead army SW astral lord ( ... (DA) 1 Man armY int EU / ... (DA) Odin str US )

Testing str - but its no good.

Edited by D-molisher
  • 2 weeks later...