Best leveling place in all of Sacred 2?

If something doesnt pull well, I will usually just run right up next to it to do Flaring Nova. That way I know I kill that particular enemy and after it is dead I can keep running and pulling more. Sometimes I just skip them to lower the time it takes to do the run. Sure it lowers my experience per run, but my perspective on it is: faster runs with lower experience/run > long run with more experience/run

That Is A Good And True Way To Look At It.

Ill Usually Do The Same Thing, But I Have A Genious Way To Pull Things.

Radiant Pillar With The Mod That Suctions People In.

it Suctions Them In, Then I Use FN, Then Hack up The Remains,

-Jamie.

I find Radiant Pillar slow for pulling, but it's a great suggestion.

As gogo said before its a small area, so I do not think I will have to worry about them being all over the place and out of the way to pull.

I am guessing it will be like Kobolds or the HE Thysilum Training ground. The range or magic users usually only 1 per 3 groups will run out of the way and if you go after them they just waste your time.

I just devour my food I don't lick the plate too.

Bof

Edited by BoF12

I Like That Saying =P.

And Yeah, They Arent That Too Far Spread, But I Mean ill use RP In Swamps, Or Somewhere Where There Are Enemies EVERYWHERE.

When I Fought SMoM, I Used RP To Pull Them Away From it, So I Can Kill Them All One By One.

-Jamie.

• 2 weeks later...
Now you know how I feel... remember when I made a big stink about the spitting spiders in Sacred 2 a couple of months ago? Hmm?

As for what they're doing... physical DOTs. As for what to defend against it, the only thing that seems to really make a difference is constitution mastery or spell resistance mastery. You can try using -physical damage over time equipment bonuses, but I've never noticed those mods making any significant difference versus spiders.

Shadow Warriors & Grim Resilience helps a LOT too, but that's only if you're a SW :(

It's a shame that -opponent's chance to cause wounds bonuses are bugged right now and cause the player to lose a chance to cause wounds instead.

And that is a good reason to go and buy the 360 version. I hear of so many problems with the PC version, sounds frustrating to me!

And BTW is this a good way to train for any level:) Thanks

Edited by dameware
And that is a good reason to go and buy the 360 version. I hear of so many problems with the PC version, sounds frustrating to me!

And BTW is this a good way to train for any level:) Thanks

*cough* not that the xbox version doesn't have it's own set of frustrating bugs, lol :oooo:

Yeah I love this Swampplace too, its awesome.

For levelin my toons I also visit north part of dryade isle, awsome dryade hotspots at the open green locations between the trees.

You know the Orc Mountain south from Ndurag, just head south over the bridge, then turn right and go up the moutain, nearly same spamrate as swamp.

I will add a Locationmap later.

My favorites for an Area of Effect char:

Grunwald (rooting magicians can be annoying but very safe overall):

th_s2_grunwald_route.jpg

North Ruka (easy & safe):

th_s2_ruka_route.jpg

Dyr-Laigh (requires some magic defense and spell res against fen fires):

th_s2_dyrlaigh_route.jpg

The ultimate experience/minute region. :)

I don't like swamp because of the reflecting turtles.

• 1 month later...

Hm. For orcs are more experience, then for spiders. I tried most places for xp hunt.

example:

High elves area (muss killing of skeletons or kobols) -> took about 3 hours to get level.

Dragon tunnels -> took about 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Swamp -> took about 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Dryad island -> took about 2 hours and 10 minutes.

Big machine run (I used way from last portal to place of last bosses) -> took about 2 hours.

Human land (Grunwald forest) -> took about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Orc land -> took about 1 hour and 30 minutes.

I didn't try desert, because I really hate yellow sand.

I think best is orc land with my guid. Only bad is that orcs have big damage + sometimes shamans can stuck you for 5 second.

• 3 months later...

At level ten Small Toxic Elementals and Undead Centurions could be a nice choice. They both give very good experience per kill compared to other enemies in the area. The Toxic Elemantals in particular are great because they're so easy to kill. Difficult to respawn though. If you want to level on them it's a good idea to choose two locations to level up on and switch between them as need be. By the time you finish an areas spawns your 2nd choice location will probably have respawned enemies.

You can find Small Toxic Elementals east of Thylysium Cemetary and Undead Centurions North East of the Broken Lance Tavern.

Happy Grinding. :(

At level ten Small Toxic Elementals and Undead Centurions could be a nice choice. They both give very good experience per kill compared to other enemies in the area. The Toxic Elemantals in particular are great because they're so easy to kill. Difficult to respawn though. If you want to level on them it's a good idea to choose two locations to level up on and switch between them as need be. By the time you finish an areas spawns your 2nd choice location will probably have respawned enemies.

You can find Small Toxic Elementals east of Thylysium Cemetary and Undead Centurions North East of the Broken Lance Tavern.

Happy Grinding. :(

Thanks Schot

would that be faster than doing Kobold Champ over and over? It would be cool to see a Grinding Level progression listing.

1- 5 XXX area

5-10 ZZZ area

10 - 20 YYY Area

That will help while I explore the map and do a few interesting quests

Here's my strategy for beginning of game levelling:

Somewhere near the beginning of the game, when you have enough armor to not take damage from this, activate a defensive buff (which has not been modded for reflection yet - ex: battle stance, crystal skin, ancient bark) and start a bronze game, go piff off some kobolds so they attack you, then watch them hit you until you get a high survival bonus so that you will have better stats from said survival bonus and a better chance to find valuables that you get from this.

I find a fast way to level at the beginning is this:

Start a new game in bronze or silver (if your character can handle it - probably as of level 5), Accept the quest to kill the kobold chieftan and recover the dude's artifacts who got them stolen in soleford (sword, etc... there are 3 things to recover).

Teleport to western tyr lyasa, go get the dudes artifacts killing some kobolds on the way (just to the east of this teleporter). Continue north to the kobold area and enter the cave right near the entrance to the kobold area. Go into the cave and drink a mentor and concentration potion. Mow down ALL the enemies in the cave, checking the graves to wake up the zombie-like enemies that give lots of experience. Exit the cave, you will have killed more than 40 kobolds in the cave alone.

Proceed to the kobold boss and kill him. Teleport to soleford and claim the quest rewards for 13000+ experience and items (these quests have high difficulty levels and so give good rewards sometimes). I've found this is a very very fast way to level up at low levels.

Edited by ka243

Hard to say since I've never tried to compare them but I'd wager they are close. The only problem with my suggestion is that it takes a bit of practice to perfect. The key to the route I suggested is knowing exactly where to find the Centurians. It can take a fair bit of time finding them when you don't know where the pockets of them are. Plus my suggestion is primarily for those who go bonkers from reloading the server in order to complete the same quests over and over.

Something you might like to try is to combine what you've been doing with my suggestion. You could run the quest then grind Toxic Elementals and then restart the server and do it again. One thing I would add to your Kobold Champ run is another quest that starts in Sloeford and completes along the way to the Kobold Chief. The experience reward is almost as good as the experience from the Kobold Chief reward. It's called Muggers.

P.s.

I think ka243 is talking about the same quest. Very good advice. :(

for a Darting Assault Hunting Dryad(M.G.G. - Machine Gun Girl) where is the best place for leveling ?

A friend of mine is playing with her offline(he has no internet connection) and asked me about this and I don't know what to tell him. I play with a Nova Seraphim and I usually go to leveling in the Swamp Area (swap area then to the swap dragon for some loot :bow: ).

What is the best leveling place for a Hunting Dryad ?

She has level 58. Uses all the time Darting Assault and Ravaged Impact. Sinister Predator and Bark as buffs currently he's trying to get Concentration to mastery for the third buff(told him is a bad idea but he play his way:| )

Skills :

1)Capricious Hunter Focus

2)Concentration

3)Nature Weaver Focus

4)Combat Reflexes

5)Tactics Lore

6)Enhanced Perception

7)Bargaining

8)Armor Lore

9)Constitution

10) I don't know what he will pick

I don't know how much points he has spend in every skill but anyway.

Where should I suggest him to go leveling and what boss is the best and easy to farm for items ?

Regards Infinity and my friend Jukersh(his game nick-name) !!

Hard to say since I've never tried to compare them but I'd wager they are close. The only problem with my suggestion is that it takes a bit of practice to perfect. The key to the route I suggested is knowing exactly where to find the Centurians. It can take a fair bit of time finding them when you don't know where the pockets of them are. Plus my suggestion is primarily for those who go bonkers from reloading the server in order to complete the same quests over and over.

Something you might like to try is to combine what you've been doing with my suggestion. You could run the quest then grind Toxic Elementals and then restart the server and do it again. One thing I would add to your Kobold Champ run is another quest that starts in Sloeford and completes along the way to the Kobold Chief. The experience reward is almost as good as the experience from the Kobold Chief reward. It's called Muggers.

P.s.

I think ka243 is talking about the same quest. Very good advice. :bow:

It worked and now I am getting less than a level per run. Now at level 8 is there a better run than muggers and kobold chief?

I've come to understand that *cough* best leveling up spot in all of Sacred 2 is prejudiced towards non ranged builds!

:o

Everytime I've taken my last couple of melee dryads in there they keep getting sapped by those awful awful spiders and their crazy damage/attacks that just all add up and before you know it you're redlining.

Anyone here know exactly what those spiders are doing and what is the best way to negate that damage?

:bow:

gogo

I headed in to that area today on Gold, almost got killed :S

I think I'll avoid it as Shadow Warrior Dual wield ^^.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

Thanks Ka243 and schrot

the muggers and kobold champ grind worked nicely. Did it in bronze from lv 5 to 8 and in silver from lv 9 to 13. Now I am a lv 13 ice Mage playing the invincible build from the forums. What do you recommend as a place and method to level from 13 to 20? At lv 20 I will prob start on main quest line again, but for now I want to level up a bit and see what a high elf ice Mage is capable of.

Here's my strategy for beginning of game levelling:

Somewhere near the beginning of the game, when you have enough armor to not take damage from this, activate a defensive buff (which has not been modded for reflection yet - ex: battle stance, crystal skin, ancient bark) and start a bronze game, go piff off some kobolds so they attack you, then watch them hit you until you get a high survival bonus so that you will have better stats from said survival bonus and a better chance to find valuables that you get from this.

I find a fast way to level at the beginning is this:

Start a new game in bronze or silver (if your character can handle it - probably as of level 5), Accept the quest to kill the kobold chieftan and recover the dude's artifacts who got them stolen in soleford (sword, etc... there are 3 things to recover).

Teleport to western tyr lyasa, go get the dudes artifacts killing some kobolds on the way (just to the east of this teleporter). Continue north to the kobold area and enter the cave right near the entrance to the kobold area. Go into the cave and drink a mentor and concentration potion. Mow down ALL the enemies in the cave, checking the graves to wake up the zombie-like enemies that give lots of experience. Exit the cave, you will have killed more than 40 kobolds in the cave alone.

Proceed to the kobold boss and kill him. Teleport to soleford and claim the quest rewards for 13000+ experience and items (these quests have high difficulty levels and so give good rewards sometimes). I've found this is a very very fast way to level up at low levels.

Chareos, equip some -% Damage over time jewelries and the place will be as easy as it was before Ice and Blood, I had -101% poison damage over time and the spiders only hit me for 60 damage in Niob, also the plants on Dryad Island does high damage with their attack sbut when I was there with my DOT gear they didn't damage me at all.

I've come to understand that *cough* best leveling up spot in all of Sacred 2 is prejudiced towards non ranged builds!

:o

Everytime I've taken my last couple of melee dryads in there they keep getting sapped by those awful awful spiders and their crazy damage/attacks that just all add up and before you know it you're redlining.

Anyone here know exactly what those spiders are doing and what is the best way to negate that damage?

:bow:

gogo

I headed in to that area today on Gold, almost got killed :S

I think I'll avoid it as Shadow Warrior Dual wield ^^.

cheers!

Chareos Rantras

I havent tried it with my Shadow Warrior in gold yet, but in silver, I didnt think it was too bad, just as long as when you are rounding up a mob there arent to many spiders and you kill them first. Mainly due to Grim Resilience, the +willpower increases resistance against the extra poison damage that you take. So if thats high enough then you should be good to go. And theres also the anti DOT gear like spunky suggested. The two together are a pretty useful combo.

Just be sure not to rely on the willpower boost when you are at Platinum/Niob as that's not working at all, with my Shadow Warrior at level 178 I was trying out how bad the swamp was and the spiders damaged me for 2-3K with each tic, I needed to spam potions to stay alive even though I had over 80K HP.

Just be sure not to rely on the willpower boost when you are at Platinum/Niob as that's not working at all, with my Shadow Warrior at level 178 I was trying out how bad the swamp was and the spiders damaged me for 2-3K with each tic, I needed to spam potions to stay alive even though I had over 80K HP.

Ok, I'll def remember that. Thanks