Trading Skill Information

Hello, I am newish to this forum and newish to online gaming (Sacred Gold being the first and only game I have played online) and I was wondering if anyone can perhaps help me with this. I see on the skill progression chart that there isnt much info on the Trading Skill, and my question about it is this: Does anyone know if theres a point where its pointless to add points to it? I have a level 86 dwarf with maxed trading and an additional +15 to all skills bonus for a final trading level of 101. I note that most other skills seem to hit massively diminishing returns after a certain point, does anyone know if its the same with trading? I am hoping that someone may still play Sacred enough to maybe have discovered something, and any info is appreciated. I know Sacred isnt as popular anymore since Sacred 2 came out, but (besides the fact I am in college and cant afford to buy the game and I WONT pirate it) I still quite enjoy building new toons and trying for the most original, unusual, difficult, and just plain bizarre builds I can, and see if I can make em work. Basically what I am askin is if anyone knows IF and WHERE it becomes pointless to continue adding points and leave yourself set for the rest of the game. Thank you for any help, ~Ray

hi there

I am 100 percent sure there are guides for trading skill.

From what I remember, people wo icked trading skill and were maxing it were very happy about it. It basicaly puts better and better bonuses together on one item. So the more the better... it is said to be the only skill that is worth to have in niob. (dont forget constitution :oooo:

With this is I am not sure, but dwarf should have a very good set that adds to trading skills, so you can finish adding points on 100 and the rest can be made the set, plus rings... well I guess this is possible only in niob and the before dificulty, and you have to find lot of those rings.

ok I have to go

C

ok I found one link on trading, but I remember reading one much more descriptive, this one very good too

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3538

Edited by chrenus

Hmmm cool, looks like it would be worth it to continue heh, ty for the info. If there ARE any other guides/info on trading it would be appreciated. Iono about anone else, but half the fun of trading for me is seeing what oddities come up lol, for instance an RBoL boost on a vamp specific item, but I also enjoy coming across a "superweapon" or "superarmor" to mess with. Honestly, IMO I think I have a better set on me from trading than I could ever have with set items including their additional bonuses (with the noteable exception of the thar eross set, of which I have ever only found the gauntlets). I think I am using Kabelrintes shoulders, cap, and howitzer for the weapon lore ans +skills boosts and the thar eross gauntlets for the LL. Weapon Lore makes an awesome boost in destructive power to your mortar grenade hehehehe. I love 1 shot kills in VoT gold :D

Put it this way, Trade is worth getting to the maximum. Depending on your character build, you'll reach the plateau around Platinum/Niobium. My Battle Mage got max trade around level 106 IIRC, but a BM is one of the easiest characters to get max Trade with. Wood Elves and Dwarves also have it pretty easy for items that increase the Trade skill significantly.

I think I am using Kabelrintes shoulders, cap, and howitzer for the weapon lore ans +skills boosts and the thar eross gauntlets for the LL. Weapon Lore makes an awesome boost in destructive power to your mortar grenade hehehehe. I love 1 shot kills in VoT gold :D

Most dedicated traders had a suit of armour called their trade suit that they wear when they are visiting bravemart (the two traders next to one another in Braverock castle, activated by the "Goods Messenger" quest.)

I recommend you make a play suit and a trade suit.

Cheers!

Hi there Hideki :)

For myself I always tried to keep the trade skill at the least double my character's level. So if my character was level 20 then my trade skill would be over 40 etc. Here's something that Nhilith wrote, Trading. You'll also want to read up on Bravemart.

Aaaaand... Here's some more reading, haha.

1. Tharkane's guide to The Dwarven Trader Part 1
  2. Tharkane's guide to The Dwarven Trader Part 2
  3. Tharkane's guide to The Dwarven Trader Part 3

Happy shopping Hideki. :P

P.s.

Heeeeey Frosty! Long time no see!