Renik's End

I took the quest Renik's End, which is at the end of something Protection, which starts in Teardrop Hamlet, in the High Elf region. It's a chainquest.

The last step is to "kill Renik" at his summer house. I go there, the compass points to an empty chair inside the house, and he's not there. I saved and exited twice, to no avail. Has someone been able to complete it?

If this is part of the High Elf only quest line, I believe your at the part when the house servant tells you Renik left with his family. The next part is in the the celler of the same house..so look outside for the entrance..

If this is part of the High Elf only quest line, I believe your at the part when the house servant tells you Renik left with his family. The next part is in the the celler of the same house..so look outside for the entrance..

You're mixing TyBosso DeElfici with Renik.

This is a sidequest, available to all characters.

The main quest title is Protection Money, the subquest is Sapless Potions. Renik's End is not even shown in the questlog somehow...

I've done this quest long time ago. When you talked with gardener, he told you about residence. That house was near marker when active. Renik in this quest (when playing evil SW) will be killed by you :D Maybe try talking with gardener once more. I remember that I was fighting with him.

Quest ID 63 - Protection Money

leads to

Quest ID 794 - Renik's End

The quest SHOULD show in questlog as well. I know it has NOT been bugged on PC, and not working on it, I can't bug it at work.

1. Renik does not appear where he should (next to the chair I pointed to in 1st post).

2. Questlog does not show quest at all, but there is a compass just for it.

3. Compass points to the correct location when selected as active.

But has anyone been able to complete it, perhaps on a previous build?

I'll give it a try Sara. :)

Edit: (10 mins later)

Ok, I beat that nasty Renik for you Sara. :D Everything appears to be correct in my build though it is a beta. Not sure whats up there but I have noticed that with some quests they are sometimes missing an NPC yet the name of the NPC is there when you hold down the ALT key. If you go to wear Renik is supposed to be and hold ALT does his name appear?

I've done this quest long time ago. When you talked with gardener, he told you about residence. That house was near marker when active. Renik in this quest (when playing evil SW) will be killed by you :lol: Maybe try talking with gardener once more. I remember that I was fighting with him.

Playing with the Seraphim, I also got the task to go to Renik's weekend residence to kill him there - which was easily done. This was shortly ago only.

Edited by Asuka Sohryu L.
  • 8 months later...

Sorry guys, I just registered because of this damn quest. I am having the same problem. I'm playing the PS3 version, so I assume I'm on the latest build,

The quest pointer leads me to the farmhouse, where he isn't. I'll try talking to the gardener again. Failing that, I'll just rifle through his cupboards, mess up his drawers and leave the front door open when I leave - just to annoy him off when he DOES return!

Edited by Nakatsu_Hime

I could be incorrect, but PS3 version I think is 2.34 (latest PC version is 2.43). However, I know I've completed this quest with a couple of characters back in v2.34. Unfortunately I found a lot of quest log bugs in that version which (so far!) have been cleaned up in 2.43

Most likely (and yes, annoyingly), this is some sort of spawn bug :D

Thanks.

I've subsequently found 3 more potential quest bugs, one possible candidate I've highlighted in another post of mine. Does the PS3 version get frequent updates? I'm assuming they are notified, downloaded and applied as soon as they are available?

Thanks.

I've subsequently found 3 more potential quest bugs, one possible candidate I've highlighted in another post of mine. Does the PS3 version get frequent updates? I'm assuming they are notified, downloaded and applied as soon as they are available?

We've got as much chance of getting another patch for this game as we have getting another 3 full expansions for Morrowind.

Not finishing this quest is least of your worries when it comes to playing this game on consoles.

Thanks.

We've got as much chance of getting another patch for this game as we have getting another 3 full expansions for Morrowind.

Not finishing this quest is least of your worries when it comes to playing this game on consoles.

On a slightly more optimistic note, if the console versions are the PC v2.34 then there's always a chance they'll at least port the updates to the latest PC version, which is 2.43 - it's certainly not guaranteed to iron out all the bugs if they do, but if you don't live in hope, what's the point in living at all? :badbad:

whilst it may come across as I think the game is a big pile of steaming horse dung, I actually enjoy playing the game when I don't encounter infuriating bugs and lets be honest there's lots of them on the consoles. Nothing worse than spending about 4 or 5 days playing the game only to find out one of my main skills that I chose [blacksmithing] was completely useless and so on.

I'm just saying it how it is. luckly I thoroughly enjoy games such as Sacred 2 so I can see past the piff poor state of the game (as it currently is on the consoles), but it doesn't take a genius to see why it received mediocre reviews and why so many people gave it a wide berth.

Edited by BlackJAC

They may patch you to 2.43 but to me, the logical approach would be to patch the consoles to 2,47 which is what the expansion packs version is (or 2.46, I am going from memory) as it would make sense to have everyone on same version, especially if there will be no more patches. But then I don't work for the company.

They may patch you to 2.43 but to me, the logical approach would be to patch the consoles to 2,47 which is what the expansion packs version is (or 2.46, I am going from memory) as it would make sense to have everyone on same version, especially if there will be no more patches. But then I don't work for the company.

...expansion?

:unsure:

Yes, that was where I was coming from, that the consoles would (hopefully for them) get the benefits of all the intermediate patches the PC version has had. Though if the latest update is only available by getting the expansion on the PC, that may hold true for the console version also (I.e. console can be 'patched' to 2.46 or whatever, but only by buying the expansion).

• 1 month later...