How did everyone in the Northeast and Canada "weather" the ice storm?

We got a mix of every kind of frozen and non frozen precipiation you can imagine. We didnt lose power but alot of people around us did. I couldnt get into to work this am because my car doors got frozen shut (the latches were frozen so they didnt unlatch in addition to the doors being frozen to the frame of the car). I m hopeful in about 30 minutes I will have better luck so I can put in a few hours today... That is if the 8 inches of standing water has gone away....

But we have alot of members in the area affected by this storm (NY + New England + parts of Canada) how did everyone else make out?

wow, it was nothing like an ice storm here, Dawn. I guess we lucked out this time. It sounds like you guys got the hard head, while we only got the tail. I'll say this much. It's cool seeing so much snow dropping, and today and yesterday it's been dropping a lot, but melting away just as quick. Just yesterday morning at about five thirty am ( yup, I'm up and about that early :D) the world was covered with buillet proof sheets of ice, and a lot of the trees got weighed down with pretty icicles that looked nice in the twilight hours.

A few hours later....all gone.

:P

gogo

That was kind of a scary reminder of the last big ice storm genenut. It wasn't too bad here in Montreal but it looked quite a lot like that last big one. I admit I was a tiny bit paranoid walking down the many sidewalks with trees lurching overhead. Looked like they were ready to snap at any moment from the weight of the ice. :D No power lost that I've heard of thankfully!

Wasnt too bad here, got about a foot of snow that got rained on and then froze. Still have power and cable :D yay! though the shoveling killed my hands for the week. Glad its over!

Can I have snow:) Please :D

You can have the snow we got yesterday as long as you take the sleet, freezing rain and lots and lots of regular rain that came with it.

we have digital cable at the house... 75 analog channels and another 100 or so digital channels. Right now we get NONE of the channels broadcast from our state and only the channels that come from Maine, for a grand total of 8 ..... *sigh* and not one of the maine channels does a weather forecast that crosses the border into NH ... Its been out for 12 hours now and the cable company cant give us a time frame for repair *sigh* I feel so isolated...