Ker's summoned Sakkara Demon becomes a Boss

I knew it would become an enemy and that it would attack us. hmmm, but you saying that the game now "categorizes" him as a boss....

Brings up an interesting question...

Does have have boss drops?

lol, could he be farmed?

;)

gogo

I knew it would become an enemy and that it would attack us. hmmm, but you saying that the game now "categorizes" him as a boss....

Brings up an interesting question...

lol, could he be farmed?

;)

gogo

At low level you'd barely be able to kill it, even though it's your level. At lv 10 you'd run out of potions for example. Above 20 it's beatable.

The drops aren't all that great I think.

lol, that summons is so chaotic.. love it. Cept the time someone tried to kill me with one on the isle...course I ran for the portal...and he did too...

*sigh*

The idea of actually farming your own spell... wild. If we had tremendous MF...could you guys imagine just sitting at home on your comp doing this over and over again?

;)

gogo

lol, that summons is so chaotic.. love it. Cept the time someone tried to kill me with one on the isle...course I ran for the portal...and he did too...

*sigh*

The idea of actually farming your own spell... wild. If we had tremendous MF...could you guys imagine just sitting at home on your comp doing this over and over again?

;)

gogo

In Ultima Online, you were able to "farm" your own Fire Wall spell to gain Magic Resistance (one of the hardest skills to get, since you have to get damaged by magic, you'd rather it be controlled by you, than some Lich Lord).

Though at some point they "fixed it" so it was no longer possible. The spell didn't damage you, and so you couldn't gain points in skill anymore.

Edited by Little Sara

lol, could he be farmed?

No & no Gogo.

If you could farm it, it would be way unbalanced (especially if you had a high level Devotion skill to get the regen time down).

If you could farm it, it would be way unbalanced (especially if you had a high level Devotion skill to get the regen time down).

Not only way... You could also stay near god statue. They greatly reduce time to next use of god kill :)

• 3 months later...

Found out that I can loose control over this lil' feller last night...

Was fighting the Cobold Chieftan with my High-Elf. Up until I faced him, every other foe died with one hit from my fireball... suddenly I found myself facing this giant and I think a made more verbal damage to it rather than removing any HP...

So I remembered that I have a friend who knows a friend and summoned my Sakkara deamon !! He hacked and smashed the Cobold Chieftan long and hard and just before the bastich died, my Sakkara turned on me ! No I dunno if I accidently hit it with a fireball or if it's just something that might happen from time to time, but I suddenly realized that I was consuming health potions almost as much as I cursed... but the worst was that when I tried to make my escape, the Sakkara loyally followed me as any good pet would do. So after calming myself and settling on the fact that I was gonna have to stick it out with the Sakkara on my back while trying to frag the Cobold Chieftain while his health was still low... I summoned the Firedeamon buff and that kept the Sakkara busy for a while, while I could focus my attention on the Cobold Chieftain.

Off topic: In the wiki it states : "Fortunately he doens't have too much hitpoints..." errr, well.... no - it took me plenty-o-health-potions to get this Troll to beg for mercy, unless I encountered it post-patching and the wiki describes this crazy rock-dodging encounter pre-patching?

The Chieftain is easy by default... but not for a Pyro-oriented HE. He's both physical and fire resistant, which makes him a serious pain in the butt. Even with maxed CA, the damage you inflict on him with AF, BT, Shower will be slim to none.

I would recommend against capping the chieftain with a Pyro-based HE. He's just not worth the trouble.

Heh, thanks for the 'heads-up' Dobri, but I did manage to beat him in the end... 'Not been playing long enough to focus on opponents resistances and such, so I never picked up that he's fire resistant... If it wasn't for the initial damage that my Sakkara made, I probably would have run for my life in the end, 'cause I really did not do any significant damage with my pyro spells.

You're welcome! I found myself in the same position as yourself in my first pyro HE run... I did shower him to death though, but it took more than 10 minutes to do it and quite a bunch of HP pots. So I pretty much understand how do you feel :)