Kung Fu Dryad - Animated Spin Kick on Head!

Sadly I lack the time to play that often, so I am mainly playing Jack of all trades characters. I have one character which I am really good and that are melee elves. For all the other classes I did builds where I added as much variants as possible: be it to be able to follow discussions in the forum or to help my oldest daughters who both play sacred 2 at 14 and 11 years.

I played a whole level with my

alchemy-vodoo-nature-witch in gold from 50 to 51 doing only bare-handed attacks for damage.

The Witch can play Am-boosted-staff/shield, totem, nature magic, ranged with life leech shurikens, .... and I wondered if Kungfu too.

02 vodoo lore

03 shield lore

05 vodoo focus

08 concentration,

12 armour lore,

18 tactic lore,

25 alchemy

35 nature focus

50 nature lore

The 10th skill was planed for ancient magic. But now I wonder if damage lore would be useful for a kung-fu dryad.

Any of you ever considered a kungfu-dryad with the current items, skills and Combat Arts? Or is everyone waiting and hoping for knuckles in an Add-On?

Currently the base damage has to come from damage rings. I was doing the hit chance and attack speed by planing mob runs which were filling up my inventory with the needed trophies for the alchemy skill. How good will damage lore be in adding damage to a kungfu dryad? There are no weapons, so no damage modifiers. And only one CA which does change the damage type.

Damage lore could be a possibility... though I'm unsure, with the way the game is built right now, where good base damage would come from. I'd honestly be tempted to stick a wep in her hands just to increase it... though no lore would be actually necessary because unarmed is the fastest in game.

:D

gogo

• 6 months later...

I've seen them too...they are for console only, I think I saw actually peeps post pix of them in xbox forum... I never had them drop in pc... anyone able to make a build out of them on console then ?

gogo

I've seen them too...they are for console only, I think I saw actually peeps post pix of them in xbox forum... I never had them drop in pc... anyone able to make a build out of them on console then ?

gogo

I get them from time to time on characters. All of the ones I've found however cannot be equipped so I'm assuming that it was in the plans but got scrapped and Ascaron simply missed a file or two. It's more annoying than anything to find them because it usually takes a few attempts at deleting them to finally get them out of your inventory.

:)

gogo

I get them from time to time on characters. All of the ones I've found however cannot be equipped so I'm assuming that it was in the plans but got scrapped and Ascaron simply missed a file or two. It's more annoying than anything to find them because it usually takes a few attempts at deleting them to finally get them out of your inventory.

On PS3 I got 2 pairs of knuckles... 2-handed weapons that have the (locked) modifier "Fist Combat Lore". They can be equipped, used, etc...

Pretty sure this is a "bug" - something akin to picking up "item", "parchment", "vellum scroll", etc... I got them with one of my first characters, and never seen any more :sigh:

I would've totally checked them out if I had continued to get them, but just having a level 2 and 3 weapon didn't seem like it would be a good idea to base a character build out of it. :)

Tried them out for a minute (forget which class, prob Shadow Warrior), and the animations were just like the High Elf enemies that use these knuckes. Nothing special.

Back to the darkness!

Scott

Our spidey senses indicate that you've been naughty this season.... reading this 4 times now this week because I always forget to login when at a certain work machine. So I wonder if anyone can force Gogo in real life to play 'Evil Spiderwoman'. A Kungfu-Dryad with poison who uses webs to hold the enemy while the poison works. Would be my little revenge, forcing someone to play a Spiderwoman :)

Something like:

Skills:

hunter focus, reflexes, tactics, armour, concentration, nature focus, vodoo focus, constitution, speed lore and damage lore

Attributes: First 30 levels vitality, then strength for hit chance and unarmed damage.

Playstyle (I have to find spider attacks for the dryad Combat Art's):

Using tarantula's urticating hair spraying = dust devils (concealment, spell shield, sanding) for first levels.

later spider web = tangled vine (sprawl, impair, encroach) in combination with ravaged impact (envenom, breach, blast) to recharge the combination with RpH

Add a big ghost spider as animus once concentration is at 75. Forest flight should be modified for spider webs too of cause.

For bosses use full Detheya. This Spiderwoman might actually work, if you have bargainer and smith.

Love the thought behind this. Im looking at making a weaponless dryad soon as I get some trophies stored up. I also wanted to use tangled vines so when we fight dragons I can vine it and keep it from flying around. Ive been working on saving all the trophies I find for about a month now and really haveing not much luck with the quantity. I hope that once I build a character with Alchemy that I will get more trophy drops.

• 2 weeks later...

There is some great potential in the fist fighters, with my Shadow Warrior against some Orcs & Kobolds at level 180+ I landed hits around 5-7K and up to 22K when crits and death blow kicked in.

Funny stuff to see him swirling around with his fists and kicking 'em down :)

How bout a little seraphim Action.

this is the Assaulting somersault

That's some crazy Kung Fu you got right there! This gets me interested into the Kung Fu phenemenom that is going on right now.

Max