Purifying Chastisement

Hi guys! :D

I would like to take advantage of your experience in order to understand some picks regarding this CA: Purifying Chastisement

One of the modifiers of this CA says: "Merciles - The treshhold for the maximum effectiveness is raised to 35% of remaining hitpoints. (+10%)"

The description means that damage increasing due to this CA depends on the percentage of reduced life, and not on the absolute value as it was in Sacred 1?

In this case it would be better increasing the defence, rather the total amount of health of the character.

Reverse, if everything works like in Sacred 1, it would be better to build the PG like in Sacred 1.

What are your opinions?

I believe it works this way:

Maximum treshhold value is 25% 35% with the mod). This means that if you hp is at this value you get the full damage bonus indicated.

If you are full (100%) you get nothing.

From 100% to 25% (35%) calculate the percentage, where 25%(35%) is 100% and 100% hp is actually 0%

You get % of the bonus damage equal to this percent.

Example: You have taken the mod and your treshhold value is 35%. This leaves 65% of your hp to divide into 100%. Lets say that you are currently on 67% hp. That is exactly the middle between 35% and 100%, so it means you get half the bonus indicated by the CA (50% is half).

IT IS POWERFUL

My 51 level inquisitor gets +200% from the skill, I found a legendary sword that adds 130% extra. This means whenever I've lost around 1/3 of my hp (and I am between 65 and 70% full) I get 1/2 of 330 or 165% bonus damage. NICE!!

Edited by Azmodael

That sounds right however I read somewhere that the increase is not linear.

Something about how the first 50% of the health decrease (I.e 1/2 of the 65% needed to reach maximum value) accounts for a disproportionate amount of the increase. In other words a non-linear increase however I'm not sure if it'd be exponential or logarithmic.