Ascaron Double Feature! Patch 2.34 and Ladder

Don't use auto updater, you'll want to manually install each patch/hotfix. More I think of it you might already have all of them on your pc. Search the folder you downloaded patches to and see if it's there. Gonna go check and see if they fixed original prob.

You can try reading thru this thread..... a long read but might have info to help you out

Edited by Knuckles

In case anyone here has US version and hasn't been able to install I am just going to post up the way that got it to work for ME.

First I uninstalled sacred 2 via add remove programs then I deleted the sacred 2 folder (that was left over) THEN I used CCleaner to clean up the registry and bits of files from my computer (possibly some sacred 2 ones).

After that I reinstalled sacred 2 and didn't start it up after it was done. I restarted, then installed the first large patch (for the US) Then I restarted AGAIN and installed the christmas patch and I didn't touch or do anything while it was going then IT WORKED!

Hopefully thats not too hard to understand and might help some peeps, it worked for me at least.

Uhh btw, how do I get the ladder and beta network thing going? I don't really understand how its in the game, I went to play online and nothing is changed...

okey I reinstalled this (lol) "game" again.

Ran ccleaner. Found some problems, fixed. (before reinstalling, after deleting it)

Installed again! patched again! Wooo how nice! DOESNT WORK!

I'm getting crazy. WASTE of MONEY and time.

okey I reinstalled this (lol) "game" again.

Ran ccleaner. Found some problems, fixed. (before reinstalling, after deleting it)

Installed again! patched again! Wooo how nice! DOESNT WORK!

I'm getting crazy. WASTE of MONEY and time.

same here...

That's really crappy. So sorry you two are having trouble tomi and Telari. Here's something that "might" help. Since there are many things that can interfere with an installation, or un-installation, you could try un-installing and installing in Safe Mode (See link to start in Safe Mode). I know this is a real drag but it's the only thing I can think of at the moment. Take a deep breath you both! Oh and btw I know that gogo had a lot of trouble getting Sacred 2 to work properly and it was only after doing a fresh install while I forced him not to touch or do anything else that it finally worked. Not an easy task I assure you, lol. When installing anything there should be nothing else running on the computer. Some software installations are very sensitive and get jealous quickly. ^^ So if you want to install and patch safely then start the install/patches and leave the pc. Well try at least, haha.

Thanks, Schot!

I'll take a try...tomorrow.

But lol I wont do 3-4 reinstalls every time when a patch appears for this (beta) game.

Thanks for tips.

:P

Edited by tomi
  • 2 weeks later...

dumm dumm

sorry for 2x post.

Errrr...few weeks ago, I think in xmas eve exactly (hmm dec 24...it must be it) Mr. Schot (who is our friend) suggested me a way to un-install, install, and patch Sacred 2 in safe mode.

Well first the f8 pushing for safe mode didnt work. After some searching (with enci...ok ok actually she found it, but still) I was in safe mode by using an "order".

Now the problem is: IN safe mode, I am not allowed to install anything. Which means I cant install Sacred 2 neither. Which mean I havent been playing for a month, which caused me a little, tiny, insanity.

I'm thinking of travelling to German, or where ever Ascaron is, and with a powerful, strong move, I'll be throwing the whole sacred 2 package to each man's head, until they start working or paying my money back. We love you, ascaron.

• 3 weeks later...

A good idea is to download the Sacred 2 cleaner utility (I found it in the ascaron forums somewhere). Before each patch I forced it to clean all non-essential Sacred 2 data (that's what it does I think, removing the temp files) and bang, went to 2.34. I couldn't make myself believe it - after over 10 futile attempts (and at least 5 times my computer just stopped responding and had to restart with the button) - finally :P

Please Sign In or Sign Up