Looking for the best SW Guide...

mackloon

I am looking to get this game on the PS3 here when it comes out in February. I am an ex-WoW player and was obsessed with research, stats and max damage. I am looking to research a character and have my build mapped before the game even hits stores.

- Is there an attribute calculator floating around on there?

- Is there a formula for stat points?

- What is the best/max-damage build for the SW?

- Can you point me to the best read for information on the SW builds?

Glad to see the game coming out for PS3...I would almost rather play the PC version, but then I can't sit on the couch and play on the big screen. Let me know if you have any information.

thx

-Mackloon

- Is there an attribute calculator floating around on there?

- Is there a formula for stat points?

No, there isn't an attribute/stat calculator (attributes & stats are the same thing in Sacred 2). You get +10% of the base stat each level up & then 1 stat point to assign yourself (2 when you hit level 50 & IIRC, 3 at level 150, or something).

- What is the best/max-damage build for the SW?

- Can you point me to the best read for information on the SW builds?

There are some good posts on the SIF (official sacred forum) in the SW section.

No, there isn't an attribute/stat calculator (attributes & stats are the same thing in Sacred 2). You get +10% of the base stat each level up & then 1 stat point to assign yourself (2 when you hit level 50 & IIRC, 3 at level 150, or something).

There are some good posts on the SIF (official sacred forum) in the SW section.

LLama

So by the "attributes & stats are the same thing in Sacred 2"...do you mean...what is outlined below.

Initial attribute values are allocated to all characters when they are created. These values are automatically increased by one tenth of their initial value every time a character gains a level.

More formally, defining

L as the current character level;

BV as the Base Value of the attribute (the unmodified value it has at level 1);

AA as the number of Allocated Attribute Points (the number of points you have "spent" on this attribute);

EB as Equipment Bonus (the increase to the attribute due to equipped items); and, finally,

AV as the displayed Actual Value of the attribute

then the formula for calculating the current attribute value is

AV = EB + AA + BV * (1 + (L - 1)/10)

If this is the formula...what is the max level of any one skill...200? Is there a point when the skill more or less breaks even or has diminishing returns.

For instance:

if you game +1 damage for each point into strength up until 75 (75 total damage)...then you get .5+ damage for each point up to 100, (87.5 total + damage) and then from 100 - 200 you get .25+ damage for each point...totalling 137.5 + damage.

I know bad example....just trying to get an understanding of the stat system.

THanks

Yes, attributes = stats.

The max level you can get any given stat to depends on the starting value, how many points you put into it & any modifiers from items & CAs (the SW has a buff Grimm Resiliance (?) that boosts Wisdom significantly, so they can end up with insanely high Wisdom, The Dryad has a CA called Acute Mind that boosts Intelligence, so they can have a very high Int for a "short" period).

I don't know if there are any breakpoints/diminishing returns, though the higher level you are, the lower value each stat point has (increasing a stat from 20 to 21 is an increase of 5%, increasing it from 200 to 201 is an increase of 0.5%).

As I understand it, Survival Bonus also increases your stats/attributes as well (though I'm not sure by how much since I play HC & I can't really die & find out).

I've been playing the SW for quite awhile now and have used most of his Combat Arts in one build or another. I'm not a big 'stat' guy, I go more by the 'feel' of the game and how he's progressing. I also am hesitant to come out and say, build him this way and you'll have an uber tank or killing machine. That said, if you do have a question on how a skill or CA works, I'll give you my impression of it to help you in making a decision on what to take.

If this is the formula...what is the max level of any one skill...200? Is there a point when the skill more or less breaks even or has diminishing returns.

Skills all have diminishing returns, but stats don't.

Vitality ends up giving you +8000 or more HP at high levels. It becomes exponentially higher (slight exponential curve still, not like it squares every 2 levels), not only dependant on level, but dependant apparently on max HP (counting bonuses from say Constitution) and on skill level and stat amount, obviously.

Other stats don't seem to work that way (not exponential, totally linear), but if you have +500% attack and +300% defense, you'll see every point of DEX give you 3-4 Defense and every point of STR give you 6-7 Attack (provided you use swords).

Edited by Little Sara
  • 2 weeks later...

well the best way to find out if a build is solid, is to try his diffrent Combat Arts from all his 3 trees to find out what is good with what and the other way around...

and another note I wouldn't say im looking for the best build thier are no such things as best builds der are diffrent kinda builds. all depends of the people who posted it and wanna give other people a diffrent aspect of a build other than a regular one.

so bassicly my point is try some diffrent setups, look at what you find that suits your play style the best, be cause builds/guides are only a way to inspire

other people to give them an idear later on when they are progresing with thier own build.

cheerios

EPox