Greetings. Change the wording of the holiday?

Nice to meet you all. I love the wiki, and your page too. Very nice.

However, I'm sure you have people who don't celebrate xmas.

How about "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Solstice" instead?

Thanks.

Mushuukyou

US closed-hardcore server

Hi Mushuukyou, and welcome to DarkMatters! Thanks for showing up in our zany corner of the net :) I'm glad you've having a good time with the forum and wiki, and, lol..you're right, a good number of folk don't celebrate Christmas, including me when I sleep in and forget about it :P

For those that don't celebrate Christmas, however, there is the option of changing the skin down at the bottom left of the forum with the skin selector. Your idea on perhaps having a different title that could reflect a seasonal holiday that could be celebratory while covering more "angles" is an good one though, and definitely something that can come up for discussion for next year's skin.

Festivus Anyone?

A Festivus for the rest of us!

:)

gogo

Nice to meet you all. I love the wiki, and your page too. Very nice.

However, I'm sure you have people who don't celebrate xmas.

How about "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Solstice" instead?

Thanks.

Mushuukyou

US closed-hardcore server

Good idea, and it really wouldn't be difficult to exchange Xmas with Solstice. Heck, I'll even do it myself :D

logo4atfqw.png

Haha. Nice work Asuka. I've added the banner you made to a secondary version of the Christmas Skin. So now everyone has the choice of Christmas or Solstice. Thanx Asuka! :D

Haha. Nice work Asuka. I've added the banner you made to a secondary version of the Christmas Skin. So now everyone has the choice of Christmas or Solstice. Thanx Asuka! :D

Glad you like it.

"Merry Solstice" is a neutral as it gets, as it refers only to an astronomical phenomenon rather than a religious event.

Wow thanks guys. It's nice to find a good place where they don't discriminate against atheists.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a black man back in the early 60's with some of the FECAL MATTER! we go through. :)

Ok maybe not that bad.

Edit: I don't like censorship on words, but it's your forum I guess. :l_santa:

Edited by Mushuukyou

No problem at all Mushuukyou. We like everyone to feel comfortable around these parts and your request wasn't hard to implement thanx to Asuka's help. As for the censorship of profanity we see it much the same as how we made you feel comfortable. While some deem Christmas unfit to their lifestyle there are also those who deem profanity unfit. :l_santa:

It isn't at all because it's simply our forum though. We pride ourselves on making the best possible choices based on the community feel which is why we disallow profanity. We don't like flames. :)

Wow thanks guys. It's nice to find a good place where they don't discriminate against atheists.

Sometimes I feel like I'm a black man back in the early 60's with some of the FECAL MATTER! we go through. :)

Ok maybe not that bad.

Edit: I don't like censorship on words, but it's your forum I guess. :l_santa:

Mushuukyou, here's a link to the rules and posting principles of our site:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3754

That can give you some insight into the site customs and practices so that you're not surprised by anything else that comes your way.

Also, there is a very interesting post that was started a little while ago asking why our site is the way it is.

You are such a nice community

Good cheery reading for the holidays.

:l_santa:

gogo