Looking for volunteers to wear and show off your Uniques for the camera

Hey guys!

We're looking to add to the specific page for each unique in Sacred 2 a picture or perhaps pictures of a character holding their unique. If possible no glows (but if it glows, well...not much you can do huh :)).

The uniques listing is great as a database, but the items only really look good when a character is holding them. If you can, please take your pictures in highest resolution possible, greatest detail.

Post them up here, or put them directly into the wiki.

This is your moment, show us what you got, and make those uniques look good!

:)

gogo

I've got a few tricks I can offer for anyone wanting to help out on this one. A few custom settings, graphic settings, a bit of practicing in front of the mirror and we'll be good to go! "Ok, show me courage, now show me victory..." *Snap FLASH* :D

For starters I'll show the pictures and results I'm talking about. This is mostly a guideline and not everyone will have the ability to do exactly as I did but getting as close as possible is just as good. :)

Some pictures (Click to see full size version):

th_Settings.jpg th_MP_Studio.jpg th_Hammer.jpg th_HammerCrop.jpg

th_dragonshield.jpg th_dragonshieldCrop.jpg

And some optionsCustom settings:

camera.cam1_trackdist_min = 80
camera.cam1_rotx_min = -0.00
options.camera_mode = 3

From the pictures above you can see from the first picture the graphic settings I have chosen. You can see that I've chosen the highest possible settings that I was able to choose from that screen. Choose "Very High" then choose "Anti-Aliasing 4x". Turning off Weather Effects is best for these pictures. If you want to save on processing power you can turn "Ground Details" and "Grass Details" all the way down. 1600x1200 is the most ideal size.

Next picture, the second one. Our studio! This is a very convenient spot to take your pictures and is on the MP start island.

Third picture shows how I've placed my character. Notice that he's within the sunlight and is standing against a shaded background at the top of the stairs. Since the item I am holding is very bright I need a dark background to create a contrast between the item I'm holding and the background. Try to get a straight on shot of the item by adjusting the camera while also making sure that the dark background is behind the item. The forth picture is a cropped version of the item which "I think" is what gogo is after.

Fifth shot, the shield. Ok, so this one has a mostly dark edge around it so I'll want a light background for contrast. I'll I had to do was walk down the steps a bit and use the stairs as a background since they are fairly bright. The sixth again is a cropped version of the forth.

Some other important things are:

Daytime is best for these pics

Make sure to have your item facing the sunlight

Move your camera as low as possible to have a straight on shot

Zoom in as close as possible

The code I mentioned above will allow you to zoom in very close. You'll need to place it in a place where the game can read it. This link will tell you how; Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View, optionsCustom. The guide talks about a different code but for this little project we're using a different custom setting. As you're reading the guide you should use the code I talk about in this topic instead of the code in the guide. It's important to note that you will need to delete your options file which is mentioned in the guide. If you want to turn off the changes made in the guide all you need to do is delete both the options file and the optionsCustom file.

options.camera_mode = 3

The first line tells the game how close you are allowed to zoom into your character. The second line tells the game how low you are allowed to rotate your camera. The third line tells the game to set your camera settings to "Free" which allows you to rotate your camera in game.

Now I realize that for some people these settings might be quite high but since we are only taking screenshots the lag you might experience will be short while you take screenshots. A good thing to do would be to prepare your items and put them into your characters backpack before you change your graphics settings to Very High. For those with high end systems and who have Elite Textures.... Drool worthy! By all means use the Elite textures if you have them. :P

Okie dokie. I think that covers it. As for the item stats we won't be needing them unless there is an item on the wiki that does not already have the stats.

Questions are welcome! :)

if I do this.. I get to be a movie star, yes? I always wanted to be a movie star

super celeb Erling shadow warrior goes hollywood :D

im so going to take those pics when I can get back to computer... hehe wont be in sacred 2 before newyear I think -.-

I sure *won't* be online before half januari, don't even have acces to my pc :evil:

But I know that the quality of my pics is going to improve significantly once I get back to gaming :4rofl: . I know for some unknown reason (like bringing it home) that my gf has bought my a 19" monitor :viking::) for christmas.

Arp.

Shadow, thank you that would be great! You can post your pix directly into the wiki's specific pages for a unique, or just post it here on this thread, and we can put the pics into the wiki for you.

thanks for helping out.

Cheers!

:D

gogo

p.s. Arperum, here's a cup of eggnog to you gettin that monitor and seeing this game in beautiful big screen ^^

at first tell me how much do you guys need because I can find alot

and should I make them like (example 10 weapons in 10 pictures or 10 weapons in 1 picture) please tell me these things so I can do a better work 1smile.gif

Hi Shadow, I'll give you a walkthrough of how you can add them to the wiki itself and use Ancrid's blade as an example.

1- Go to the Uniques page on the wiki here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...niques_Database

2 - Under the All Class Uniques heading at the top of the page in a the orange/yellow box click on Swords (One-Handed)

No you can see a complete listing of all one handed swords that are listed as being unique in the game.

3 - You can now click directly on on the link for Ancrid's Blade which puts you directly into Ancrid's Blade page itself.

This particular page for Ancrid's Blade has space below the image already there that you can add a pic of your character holding that blade if you had a pic. You just use the direct link that Photobucket gives you stick the code directly into the wiki and the image will show.

Or if you'd like, you can just get your pix hosted at Photobucket and then put them directly into this thread here at DarkMatters if that's easier for you and we can put the pix in for you.

So far we need all the unique pix...that's a few hundred right there ^^

thanks for helping, looking forward to seeing some nice images.

Cheers!

gogo

erm no offence but can I try something I will make a picture of every unique item I find and get it on the photobucket after that I will give u a link to my album and u will take the pictures needed

note I already started :)

P.S. sorry about the stupid question but how can I get the picture without my inventory and other things dissapier?

Edited by ShadowX
P.S. sorry about the stupid question but how can I get the picture without my inventory and other things dissapier?

Try downloading FRAPS, pretty easy to use program :( And set the key to take screenshots to f11 (not used by sacred and easy to find.)

And IIRC they are looking for pics from a char wielding/equipping the unique, so it would be one unique a pic. (just take all other clothes out to remove possible wrong ideas about an other piece of armor (their are some stupid people running around in this world, who would think that a unique helm can give you special looks on your feet or something(and yes, I know I'm exagerating...))

I did and here are the results

P.S. sorry for the bad quality I cant do more than this

P.P.S this is just from today sorry I was late I was on school and now I have to do some work check the pictures and use the ones u want :) if ya dont like them im sorry but I cant do more than that :):D

P.P.P.S erm yea the pointer to the items is not seen so I dont know any suggestions?

P.P.P.P.S. yea sorry forgot link here it is http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u49/Lor..._photos/Sacred/

Edited by ShadowX

Wow, you move fast ShadowX. :resp:

I've got a few tricks I can offer for anyone wanting to help out on this one. A few custom settings, graphic settings, a bit of practicing in front of the mirror and we'll be good to go! "Ok, show me courage, now show me victory..." *Snap FLASH* :blush:

For starters I'll show the pictures and results I'm talking about. This is mostly a guideline and not everyone will have the ability to do exactly as I did but getting as close as possible is just as good. :)

options.camera_mode = 3

From the pictures above you can see from the first picture the graphic settings I have chosen. You can see that I've chosen the highest possible settings that I was able to choose from that screen. Choose "Very High" then choose "Anti-Aliasing 4x". Turning off Weather Effects is best for these pictures. If you want to save on processing power you can turn "Ground Details" and "Grass Details" all the way down. 1600x1200 is the most ideal size.

Next picture, the second one. Our studio! This is a very convenient spot to take your pictures and is on the MP start island.

Third picture shows how I've placed my character. Notice that he's within the sunlight and is standing against a shaded background at the top of the stairs. Since the item I am holding is very bright I need a dark background to create a contrast between the item I'm holding and the background. Try to get a straight on shot of the item by adjusting the camera while also making sure that the dark background is behind the item. The forth picture is a cropped version of the item which "I think" is what gogo is after.

Fifth shot, the shield. Ok, so this one has a mostly dark edge around it so I'll want a light background for contrast. I'll I had to do was walk down the steps a bit and use the stairs as a background since they are fairly bright. The sixth again is a cropped version of the forth.

The code I mentioned above will allow you to zoom in very close. You'll need to place it in a place where the game can read it. This link will tell you how; Guide to Customizing the Sacred 2 Camera View, optionsCustom. The guide talks about a different code but for this little project we're using a different custom setting. As you're reading the guide you should use the code I talk about in this topic instead of the code in the guide. It's important to note that you will need to delete your options file which is mentioned in the guide. If you want to turn off the changes made in the guide all you need to do is delete both the options file and the optionsCustom file.

options.camera_mode = 3

The first line tells the game how close you are allowed to zoom into your character. The second line tells the game how low you are allowed to rotate your camera. The third line tells the game to set your camera settings to "Free" which allows you to rotate your camera in game.

Now I realize that for some people these settings might be quite high but since we are only taking screenshots the lag you might experience will be short while you take screenshots. A good thing to do would be to prepare your items and put them into your characters backpack before you change your graphics settings to Very High. For those with high end systems and who have Elite Textures.... Drool worthy! By all means use the Elite textures if you have them. :)

Okie dokie. I think that covers it. As for the item stats we won't be needing them unless there is an item on the wiki that does not already have the stats.

Wow, you move fast ShadowX. :resp:

I've got a few tricks I can offer for anyone wanting to help out on this one. A few custom settings, graphic settings, a bit of practicing in front of the mirror and we'll be good to go! "Ok, show me courage, now show me victory..." *Snap FLASH* :blush:

options.camera_mode = 3

options.camera_mode = 3

Now I realize that for some people these settings might be quite high but since we are only taking screenshots the lag you might experience will be short while you take screenshots. A good thing to do would be to prepare your items and put them into your characters backpack before you change your graphics settings to Very High. For those with high end systems and who have Elite Textures.... Drool worthy! By all means use the Elite textures if you have them. :)

wow

That's a first class guide to taking pix. I'm pretty happy with just using my own ifran view and I think the most important thing is to probably use the highest rez possible...but if you want your stuff to look pro - quality, brad, this is the guide.

Good job.

gogo

First I want to say Thanks for the good words and thanks for the guide I will try to do better work but at the moment im on another PC (yea my bro is using the other one) and I dont have a way to find items and such when I can I will :P

P.S. when I looked into the wiki more closely I dont see items that are missing I mean I dont know if I will find somthing different but I will countinue my hund :)

sorry for the double post and sadly to say I cant find anything new or anything different then what was already posted in the wiki sorry all I will try again in the next patch if there are some items that arent there I will find them but for now I cant find somthing more than what was already posted

All is not lost ShadowX. We already have the statistics for items but what we don't have is the big shiny item pictures. What gogo is really wanting is high quality pictures of the items like the below.

th_Hammer.jpg th_dragonshield.jpg

Click ->here<- to read how you can get screenshots like the ones above. What gogo is wanting is to put high quality images on the items wiki page so that players can have a nice view of the item. You can post images here if you are not sure how to crop them and gogo will do the rest. :D

Schot has it exactly right! lol, sorry I didn't make it more clear in my first post. We're actually JUST looking for wonderful pictures of a character holding the item.

This way the item comes to life and a player doing some perusing of the wiki's items can actually see the item in a character's hands and see, in advance, how it's going to look.

Just take an item, have your screen in highest best rez possible and make your character pose for the camera in the best possible way that shows off the item.

For now, we'll stick these new pics in the specific page itself for the item, but maybe later on when we have more time, we'll redo the index pages for items to be more like the bestiary to have both the stats pic and another one with the weapon shown in full beauty being worn by a character.

So snap away, put on your sunday best and have your character pose nicely with your item and we can add it to the wiki.

Cheers!

:D

gogo

Gogo just talked about this thread to me but I got the wrong idea about what he wanted, my pics were rubbish :)

My High Elf will hit the catwalk and take some pics of her modelling some uniques, hopefully I'll have the time to edit and post them :whistle: