Closed-net Silver HC, NPCs levels not matching mine?

When I join a Silver HC Free game, it doesn't scale the mobs' anymore. It makes them like, 39 or 40.. and I'm level 40.

If I join a game with others in it, it DOES scale the appropriately (to like, level 44 or so).

I have 75% SB.

Does anyone know how this works? So if I do FREE mode alone to farm, I'll only be farming level 40 FECAL MATTER! now?

How the hell do I increase in level? Do I have to do the campaign mode now or some FECAL MATTER!?

And another question: Should I just try to finish Silver so I can get into gold? Do I have to? Or do I just have to get to "level 60" is what I heard? If the mobs start at 40 in Gold, why can't I go to gold?

Thanks.

When I join a Silver HC Free game, it doesn't scale the mobs' anymore. It makes them like, 39 or 40.. and I'm level 40.

If I join a game with others in it, it DOES scale the appropriately (to like, level 44 or so).

I have 75% SB.

Does anyone know how this works? So if I do FREE mode alone to farm, I'll only be farming level 40 FECAL MATTER! now?

How the hell do I increase in level? Do I have to do the campaign mode now or some FECAL MATTER!?

And another question: Should I just try to finish Silver so I can get into gold? Do I have to? Or do I just have to get to "level 60" is what I heard? If the mobs start at 40 in Gold, why can't I go to gold?

Thanks.

1. See max mob levels on the wiki, however this was tested on Single Player and seems to corroborate with the PC version (yes I got those numbers on another version, but so far they match).

This is here: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...and_Game_Basics

2. To get to another difficulty (than Bronze or Silver), the main quest has to be totally completed, ending with pressing the switch after defeating the 4th Nameless Guardian, there is no alternative. Multiplayer may work differently (such as allowing people to join Niob games), but your character's difficulty in SP and as story continuity progress (ie in Campaign mode), is based on the amount of times you completed the game (and starting difficulty).

3. Multiplayer level seems to determine the *maximum level* of a certain difficulty (1-60, 1-100, 1-200), rather than anything else. Meaning at a certain level you are forced into a higher difficulty? I'm not sure about mechanics of MP. I'm not sure what privileges you need to enter a higher difficulty, or create it (need to be lv 60 or more to create Gold game, have campaign in Gold?).

------------

If anything lv 40 in Silver does not corroborate my numbers, since lv 48 is the maximum in the High Elf region (and it only goes upwards as you go further). It may be a bug, or due to other players and averaging of levels, or something similar.

Sara already took care of the brunt of your question Mushuukyou but as for Multiplayer, or LAN Free, you just need to be level 60 to get into Gold. Are you in the High Elf region Mushuukyou? If so then you'll need to fight in a different area to get higher enemy levels. :D

Interesting thing I just spotted Sara. The T-Energy enemies seem to be the only exception to the max level listing. In Silver the enemies around the eastern T-Energy marsh have a max level of 65. :o

Sara already took care of the brunt of your question Mushuukyou but as for Multiplayer, or LAN Free, you just need to be level 60 to get into Gold. Are you in the High Elf region Mushuukyou? If so then you'll need to fight in a different area to get higher enemy levels. :D

Interesting thing I just spotted Sara. The T-Energy enemies seem to be the only exception to the max level listing. In Silver the enemies around the eastern T-Energy marsh have a max level of 65. :o

They're not an exception, they have the Swamp level maximum. This part of the map is obviously considered part of the swamp.

Aaaah I see. Hmmm, looks like from what information I have that they should actually be in the Tyr Lysia. Referring to dev reference. Might need to report that one.

Basically, when I go to the kobold area and farm, they only go up to like, level 39 or 40. If there is another person in the game with me, and I go to the area, they correctly spawn in relation to my SB. If I join a free game solo again, they drop back down to 39/40.

Are you saying that different areas of the map will cap at certain NPC levels if I'm joining a FREE game solo? That really sucks. Oh well, might make for easier farming for now.

I just started doing campaign again. I was doing FREE for like, 20 levels or so. I would join, kill the octopus and the kobold chief, rinse and repeat. Nice to have 8 million gold. :D

Edit to add:

When I do campaign games, they spawn according to my SB when I'm solo no problem. It's only the FREE games I have a problem with.

Edited by Mushuukyou

yup, each area of the map has a different minimum and maximum possible enemy level which is additionally dictated by the difficulty you are in. However when someone else joins in the game with you the enemies become more difficult. A single games difficulty scales in a few ways. According to your level, your SB and how many players are in the game/server.

I'm surprised about campaign scaling differently though. I haven't played a great deal of that.

If you're farming keep in mind that once enemies become white, white ring, their drops will kinda suck. The game rewards drops not only by the Chance to find special items but also by the relation between enemy level vs player level. Oh and I'm pretty sure killing speed plays a part in it like Sacred 1 did. Take 5 minutes to kill an enemy and you'll likely end up with a pot. Kill it instantly and the rewards tend to be much better. *Yet to be confirmed*