WARNING! alt-tabbing randomly teleports you

If you alt-tab to the desktop, the game sometimes teleports you to another location. This is very dangerous in hardcore.

So far it only happened twice, both times I was moved to a relatively safe location. Still, teleporting me out of Starting Island into the wilderness:) :(

On the other hand, I just discovered a way to explore the full 100% map:

alt_tab_teleport.jpg

They said it should be patching in 2.34, seems like it's not. As far as I'm aware, this only happens when you are mounted (or that was before the latest patch, haven't alt-tab'd since then)

Well I shouldn't have said anything as it just happened to me on Dryad Island. I ended up as far south and west as you can get. Tab Map and playing screen remained black no matter what I did. Though I could see myself slowly drifting back to original position on Main Map. Had to F12 to fix. Oh I was mounted at that time too.

Well I shouldn't have said anything as it just happened to me on Dryad Island. I ended up as far south and west as you can get. Tab Map and playing screen remained black no matter what I did. Though I could see myself slowly drifting back to original position on Main Map. Had to F12 to fix. Oh I was mounted at that time too.

Possibly you were at coordinates 0,0,127, try to ask the console for mounted coordinates.

0,0,127 does not exist by the way.

first coordinate = x from west to east

second coordinate = y from south to north

third coordinate = layer, either 0 (surface) -1 or -2 (both are different dungeon levels)

127 doesn't exist.

• Like! 1
  • 13 years later...

This happened to me alot times. While im playing and on mount if I alt tab sometimes it teleports me. But when I want to do that intentionally it doesnt work. Does anyone know if theres something else that needs to be done to trigger the teleport after alt tab?

Edited by senmik