Which character to pick?

I was wondering if anyone could provide a description of what kind of role each class can take. I know it might be a bit difficult to generalize, but maybe in terms of rogue, tank, healer, combat mage, etc? I'm having trouble picking because I don't really know what each character's speciality is really. Who does the most damage? Who is usually the healer? What about the tank? What time is it? Where am I? Etc etc....

Edited by yoursouloncrack

I really don't understand what's a "rogue type class" in a Hack&Slash game, frankly.

Shadow Warrior is also high DPS. So is Temple Guardian.

Seraphim is also pretty melee but has a few spells... dunno...

Please note that this is not a MMO, and the Hack&Slash standard goes: "Every class is a DPS class".

Edited by inXi

you migth want to look this up http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8836 putrescine's tips

and here is my 2 cents fro an earlier topic:

I'd say all the toons have melee magic :D

the shadow warrior got a nice mix of melee and minion master and is easy to play

seraphim got her swords alright and 2 full aspects of magic'ishy stuff

highelf is most magic but arcanium aspect do have its melee possibilities

dryad is capabel of close/ranged melee combat and magic :)

temple guardian got melee and some magic(ish) stuff but I still find the other aspects than melee weak :)

and inqusitor as you said, its not so hard as melee char and surpremacy is not to hard magic stuff either, but its the last aspect, netherworld that is designed for more advanced players :)

if you want a nice and easy start without to many deaths (if HC) I would go with a few tries at shadow warrior first, I went with inquisitor first but I regret it and went back to shadow warrior :) might take you a few tris to get the build right but you will get there eventually. if you want me to I can post you my SW build (he is alive and at level 60 at the moment) and a twist of the ''same'' build for seraphim :)

For one, I know that it can move backwards and forwards while riding OVER monsters. But it doesn't have an ability to bite or what not.

And it emits cool sound effects. :)

But that's the class I'm planning to make, so I'm biased, don't listen to me. :D

Please note, though, unless you're going melee, it's a somewhat hard class to build.

Edited by inXi
I was thinking temple guardian because of his cool mount. Can anyone expand on it?

Welcome to DarkMatters. There's actually some good comparison info for the mounts that Trust did on the wiki which you can read here:

How the mounts compare to each other

The TG and one other mount actually get different bonuses than the other four regarding the non aspect mod mounts. And I think the TG Mobiculum is also the fastest.

No winter tires needed ^^

:D

gogo

p.s. Also as noted above in this topic, Sacred's not really so much an mmorpg...it's more like a single player game on rocket fuel...so that sometimes it acts like an mp game but most of the time it doesn't :) Because of this the characters have been specced out so that each can stand on it's own and singledhandedly defeat any monster in the game. No need for a sole healer class as any of the characters can complete the game successfully. It's too bad, I sort of liked the "need" of healers and miss that in Sacred 2.

So basically, is the TG melee really simple to play, hit people and they die? I kind of wanted something flashy too, the TG's armor and appearance looked cool, which is why I decided on him heh.... (not the best reason I know)

Oh there's lotsa flash with the TG for sure. Personally, I think the TG has the absolute coolest gear of all the charcters. As for going melee he has some great Combat Arts. Sacred 2 however is set up in such a way that each Aspect has it's own regeneration timer which encourages players to use not one but all three Aspects for their character. So while you might focus on the TG's Devout Guardian Combat Arts it will also be to your benefit to use other Combat Arts from other aspects. The flash you're looking for can come from his aspects Lost Fusion or Source Warden.

Getting back to the TG having the coolest look... This should prove it. :)

Combat_Modules_CC10

or

CoolTG.jpg

Oh there's lotsa flash with the TG for sure. Personally, I think the TG has the absolute coolest gear of all the charcters. As for going melee he has some great Combat Arts. Sacred 2 however is set up in such a way that each Aspect has it's own regeneration timer which encourages players to use not one but all three Aspects for their character. So while you might focus on the TG's :)

<a href="http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Combat_Modules_CC10" style="background: url(http://www.sacredwiki.org/skins/ahiltar/external.png) center right no-repeat; padding-right: 13px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Sacred_2:Temple_Guardian_Combat_Arts#Devout_Guardian" target="_blank">Devout Guardian Combat Arts</a> it will also be to your benefit to use other Combat Arts from other aspects. The flash you're looking for can come from his aspects Lost Fusion or Source Warden.

Getting back to the TG having the coolest look... This should prove it. :P

<a href="http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Combat_Modules_CC10

or

CoolTG.jpg

That is proof enough haha. What are you wearing though, is that a set?

Thanks!

Really, is that a set? It seems to say level 15... But that looks a lot like a set. Or a pretty high level armor, for that matter.

Mine looks pretty sweet, too (level 19):

templeguardianaz7.png

w198.png

Oh there's lotsa flash with the TG for sure. Personally, I think the TG has the absolute coolest gear of all the charcters. As for going melee he has some great Combat Arts. Sacred 2 however is set up in such a way that each Aspect has it's own regeneration timer which encourages players to use not one but all three Aspects for their character. So while you might focus on the TG's :3lmao:

<a href="http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Combat_Modules_CC10" style="background: url(http://www.sacredwiki.org/skins/ahiltar/external.png) center right no-repeat; padding-right: 13px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Sacred_2:Temple_Guardian_Combat_Arts#Devout_Guardian" target="_blank">Devout Guardian Combat Arts</a> it will also be to your benefit to use other Combat Arts from other aspects. The flash you're looking for can come from his aspects Lost Fusion or Source Warden.

Getting back to the TG having the coolest look... This should prove it. :D

<a href="http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Combat_Modules_CC10

or

CoolTG.jpg

Best pic of a Temple Guardian I've seen.

:D

gogo

I "think" my TG was around level 20 when I took that pic. And nope. No sets! It's all drops or bought stuff from the merchants.

Love that tentacle you got goin inXi. :D

P.s.

Oh the gun is a unique though. The Sacred 2:All_Class_Unique_Pistols#Pulsar :P

I think I've had that gun already once... along with Djalek's Annihilator.

Nice armour for the TG, but his ugly deformed head always freaks me out :)