Anyone tried vista sp 2 beta?

sydetys

I thought to instal sp2 beta (x64) has anyone tried it with this or another program?

It´s not RC so I am hesitating, back then SP1 RC worked just like RTM version.

any experience points on this topic?

Somebody said it speeds up vista a little so it would be nice IF it works well enough.

Latest betas from microsoft has been wonderful in quality example win 7 6950 beta which I tried. But no sound drivers so I´m not going into that OS yet.

I thought to instal sp2 beta (x64) has anyone tried it with this or another program?

It´s not RC so I am hesitating, back then SP1 RC worked just like RTM version.

any experience points on this topic?

Somebody said it speeds up vista a little so it would be nice IF it works well enough.

Latest betas from microsoft has been wonderful in quality example win 7 6950 beta which I tried. But no sound drivers so I´m not going into that OS yet.

I'd rather try out Windows 7 Beta 1 Build 7000, which should come out soon (one or two weeks).

I've tried Vista for some time when it came out, and it sucked so terribly like no OS before it (ok, maybe except Win ME), so I'm not going to touch that crap anymore :)

I'll go and see if they got better with Win 7 when Beta 1 comes out now. If not, I still got my XP 64 (actually Win 2003, not XP) which works fine for me :P

(btw, shouldn't this be in the Key Largo Beach Resort?)

yeah, I would avoid those very early release service pack betas, probably give you more headaches than it's worth. I have been using Vista since just before final release, and sp betas never flew well.

I would like to give that release of W7 a shot, as Asuka mentions :)

I'm currently running vista and it works like a charm but avoided it to no end at release date...just like I avoided XP at release date XD OSes always suck at that point :) but same gonna go for windows 7 not touching it till it a bit in to it full release not worth it unless you have more than one computer IMO

Haven't tried it out but now that I know about I'm very curious. Though like others I'm way more curious about Windows 7. I hope it has much better support of drivers than Vista does...

I hope they sort out the removal of the registry in windows 7, much as I loathe it and its ability to malfunction, I like my programs to be able to find the other parts of themselves...

:(

~Doom

I have couple friends who is microsoft beta tester and they are very pleased with windows 7. Current beta version is running great and so far they had no problems with different configurations (with drivers). Looking forward to see it available on the market.