Seraphim Riot Control Build

FullMetaru

I was wondering if someone has already come up with sort of a "Riot Control" build (Shield and Energy Pistol). It somewhat interests me and it would prove a challenge for bosses, especially. If not, I might just write a guide for it, if I learn the game faster than expected (since I got the game only recently).

you can use a shield with them, unless you're an inquisitor (no shields allowed), or TG (only one item)

Maybe the Inquisitor acutally only has 1 arm. hmm... and is soopah strong :sweating: Just like the TG

So he's really macho and really refuses to use any protection and... omg.. This goes too far in the wrong direction -.-

Early morning, guys. Discard the two above lines.

So he's really macho and really refuses to use any protection and... omg.. This goes too far in the wrong direction -.-

Sing along with me: Macho macho maaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

The manual planely states that the Inquisitor wears the seraphim's cloths underneath his dress, sorry, robe. He's as macho as The Village People.

But, er, yeah, gun + shield. Pick Ranged Weapons, Shield Lore, Tactics Lore, Exalted Warrior Focus (for Battle Stance & Pelting Strikes), possibly Bargaining (to buy better guns) & some other stuff (possibly Damage Lore to burn/poison/weaken)...

Definitely take BFG to a nice high level (it gives a large bonus to Ranged Weapons).

It'll also provide a piercing bonus, no?

Or is the Ranged Weapon bonus the only one that actually applies if you use a non-BFG weapon?

No, the pierce & "opponent cannot evade" bonuses are spawned on the weapon, which is a pity...

Still, the BFG is a very good weapon (it also has a +Tactics Lore bonus on it that increases with BFG level. At weapon level ~29 it's +3).

Your Riot Control idea inspired me :) Although it cannot make a consistent fighting build, it can BE something ELSE. This is my point:

riotorxpcontrolsh2.jpg

w1024.png

Ugly, isn't she? Parts from all kinds of sets (leftovers from previous not-so-good BFG Seraphims), Djalek's Annihilator, strange rares... However, is this ugly?

xpcontrolgj8.jpg

w1024.png

+43.5% XP EACH KILL. Not surprising at all that this little BFG Seraphim is leaving for the Kobold camp (having completed almost entire area west of sloeford) on silver difficulty on level 22 :D She still 1-shots everything though. No need for the all-powerful BeeEffGee weapon yet.

My point is that a lot of items add XP pek kill. This seraphim has for example:

Djalek's (level 27) - +7.9%

Rare Helm - +10.3%

Rare Ammy - +3.0% (I also have +4.0% level 30)

Magical Spaulders - +5.6%

Rare Shield - +7.0%

Rare Sash- +9.5%

SO, no more complaining about XP I guess :) This is more than enough, but I still feel like trying to push the XP limit over 50%. Now that would be cool!

Now time to hunt for more, if it's possible ;)

EDIT: It's possible. At +62% XP per kill now!

Edited by Dobri
  • 3 months later...

Why have I never seen the words Dual Wield and Pistol/Energy Gun in one sentence? Need to test that out.. Unless someone beats me to it and posts it cannot be done, dual wielding shuriken or throwing daggers.. I feel like making a tiny asian character under the flag of "House of the Flying Daggers" (WICKED SICK!)

Cheers and maybe edited soon!

PS

Kona-chan FTW!

*EDITED*

No Lara Croft Build :Just_Cuz_21: I tried Dual wielding throwing daggers and an Energy Pistol but alas, 't was no good my left hand is empty, this one road to the gateless gate has been cut off.

So you can't dual wield ranged weapons but you use a shield... that's kinda lame.

Edited by Sylph

I started the OP's build last night, pistol with small shield. She is level 13 now and has a full robot suit(no sets, just regular armor) Having 3 weapon slots, one is a pistol, one is an energy staff weapon and the third is the BFG at level 7.

It seems that the pistol works better on a handful of enemies ATM. And if you have ever done a sommersault with a pistol, you know how cool it is.

Somersaulting with a pistol... Maybe theres a bit of lara left in sacred!

(I dont know how it looks like but will do so tomorrow!)

Cheers/Good Night

If timed properly, it's a great way to avoid getting hit while getting off a shot. Using that move with an energiser staff or a bow is not quite as cool, but fun.