Sacred 2 Weapon Table

I've found two threads regarding weapon classification in the SIF:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=54812

and

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=55523

Question....is the way the table set up in the Wiki the best way to tackle this classifying?

;)

gogo

When looking through it, I saw a few sub-classes of items missing but at the same time it seemed almost like there were too many rows.

If you look in Hafted Weapons:

Is there any difference between an axe and a club in-game wise? Do they get different bonuses from Str (As in at 100 STR do they both get +XX damage or is one +XX the other +YY)?

If the answer is no, then Hafted Weapons should really just have 2 rows to it: 1-H Hafted Weapons and 2-H Hafted Weapons. I'm fairly certain that equipping wise that's where the division is made.

For ranged that would mean: Bows (Including longbows/shortbows), Thrown Weapons (knives, daggers, stars, shurikens), Blowpipes (And hollowshoots), Energy Guns, Energy Staves

Magic Staves: 1H and 2H (Doggy can't use the 2h variety obviously)

The only two worth the effort of subdividing are polearms and swords in my opinion, since the names do seem to hint whether they are dex or str based from what I can tell. In that case knowing the subdivision is definitely worth it. Of course if my example with hafted is true, then we will need to subdivide by weapon type to account for the varieties of bonuses.

(The only other element worth potentially adding to the table would be the skill based unlocks, although I'm partly thinking it should be done in a separate table).

In other words, sort the skill unlocks via the unlock, then include all the weapon types that provide that, since some weapons can have MANY options.

<Partial crosspost from the official forum>

In the "sacred 2\scripts\shared" there are a few files that seems to the data files for items/weapons

In "typification.txt" we can for example find

newTypification = {
 id = 4,
 name = "CLF_SWORD",
 stat = "STAT_STR",
 modreal = 1000,
 modfocus = 0,
 modbasepoints = 1000,
 bonusgroupID = 89,
 weapondamagespread = 100,
 fightdistance = 35.000000,
}
mgr.createTypification(4, newTypification);

and in "itemtypes.txt" we have

newItemType = {
-- standard info
renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_WEAPON",
family	   = "FAMILY_WEAPON",
subfamily	= "SUBFAM_PRI_SWORD",
classification = "CLF_SWORD",
flags		= "FLAG_HASPREVIEWIMAGE",
weargroup	= "WEARGROUP_INVALID",
-- 3d model + animation info
model0Data = {
  name		 = "models/weapons/1h/n_1hlongsword-01.GR2",
  user		 = "WEARGROUP_DEFAULT",
},
-- logic bounding box
 logicBox = {
minx=-2.504, miny=-20.255, minz=-0.574, 
maxx=2.504, maxy=20.255, maxz=0.574, 
},
dangerclass   = 0,
}
mgr.typeCreate(2430, newItemType);

Note the "family = "FAMILY_WEAPON"" in the itemtype file. If we crossreference the classification field from the newItemType with name tag from newTypification we will get all weapon groups and their governing skill.

At first I thought I would be able to user the "renderfamily = "RENDERFAM_WEAPON"" tag as a key but not all weapon types have that specific tag.

One thing that I find interesting is the bonusgroupID tag in the newItemType. It looks like it decides what special abilities the weapon can get from it governing weapon skill.

I will try and get a parser working tonight so we can get it in the wiki.

Ah! That's just the kind of stuff I needed to see Moander. Thank you very much for bringing to us. That will prove exceptional value. ;) I especially love the fact that you're able to prove that certain weapons get a certain range of modifiers. Awesome!

And what do we find in "scripts/server/blueprints.txt"?

newBonus = {
--  name = "wb_swdm_criticalhit",
 rating = 25,
 basedonskill = "skill_sword_mastery",
 type = "BONUS_CRITICALHIT",
 spez = "",
 spez2 = "",
 usagebits = 65535,
 minconstraints = {70,1,1},
 difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,30,100},
 difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,35,120},
 difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,40,140},
 difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,45,170},
 difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,50,200},
}
mgr.createBonus(60, newBonus);

and

newBonusgroup = {
 id = 89,
 name = "Ybg_sword_sword",
 bonuslist = { 60,62,64,},
}
mgr.createBonusgroup(89, newBonusgroup);

The newBonusGroup id tag (89) matches bonusgroupID from newTypification with the CLF_SWORD tag.

The bonuslist seems to mean that the item get one of them, in this case it is BONUS_CRITICALHIT, BONUS_COMBATVALUE or BONUS_DEBUFF_POTENTIAL. Each of these also have the "basedonskill = "skill_sword_lore"" tag in them.

I think we getting somewhere here. Now I just want to find out the english name for each item type.

Since you got me curious about that:

Blowguns: Fall under ranged weapon lore

newBonusgroup = {

id = 159,

name = "Ybg_dist_blowgun ",

bonuslist = { 112,116,117,},

}

mgr.createBonusgroup(159, newBonusgroup);

112 is Chance to slow enemy

116 is Chance for Secondary Effect

117 is Chance for Secondary Effect (via mastery)

Yes, I think there definitely needs to be a 1/2-handed version as well as/instead. IIRC, Seras can't use two-handed axes, but they can used two-handed swords.

And BTW, "Energistic" is a weapon prefix, not an item type/name.

Here are all weapon classifications, note that Temple guardians batteries are also classified as weapons.

CLF_HAMMER,
CLF_SHORTSWORD,
CLF_BATTERY_ENERGY,		// Templar guardian battery
CLF_FISTWEAPON_BLADE,	// Brassknuckle, likely a scrapped weapon
CLF_MAGESTAFF,
CLF_SWORD,
CLF_2H_HAMMER,
CLF_LONGBOW,
CLF_CLUB,
CLF_ENERGY_WEAPON,
CLF_DAGGER,
CLF_2H_AXE,
CLF_MAGESTAFF_2H,
CLF_MAGESTAFF_2H_R,
CLF_BAST ARDSWORD,   // remove the space, the word "Barsteward" ("bas tard") seems to be censored
CLF_WHIP,
CLF_SABER,
CLF_RECURVEBOW,
CLF_THROW_STONE_BIG,
CLF_HALBERD,
CLF_THROW_DAGGER,
CLF_THROW_DRINK,		// Model is n_littlebomb-01.GR2
CLF_SHORTBOW,
CLF_JAVELIN,
CLF_FISTWEAPON_SPIKE,	// More brassknuckles
CLF_BLOWGUN,
CLF_MAGESTAFF_R,
CLF_BATTERY_TECHNICS,	// Templar guardian, possibly a fire battery
CLF_POLE,
CLF_HORSEBOW,
CLF_FISTWEAPON,
CLF_AXE,
CLF_THROW_STAR,
CLF_ENERGY_PISTOL,
CLF_2H_SWORD,
CLF_THROW_STONE			// Kobold stone thrower

Time to sleep, I will do the rest tomorrow.

Edited by Moander

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but the following is the possible range of mods the item is getting for the respective difficulty (they change for each difficulty):

difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,30,100},

difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,35,120},

difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,40,140},

difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,45,170},

difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,50,200}

"30,100" means the critical hit in bronze will be in range of 3-10%, depending on skill level. If you switch to silver, the same weapon will have 3,5-12% chance.

No trust... the same item WON"T change values based on difficulty.

I suspect (and if you meant this I'm sorry for how I phrased that) is that if the item drops in a given difficulty the modifiers will follow that range. Sort of like how gold runes are better than silver etc.

No Zin :)

If you find a weapon with "Deep Wounds" in bronze, it will change in next difficulty and become higher. This is true for many mods, not just skill-based.

Some mods might not follow this, and have the same value no matter if you change difficulty.

You're both right and wrong. :)

It appears as though skill based modifiers go up as you climb difficulties. So far as I've been able see other item modifiers don't appear to go up.

I go to work for just a few hours and all this work... dang, did I miss a party?

Moander, thanks for coming over and helping out with the project.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

p.s. I've merged two threads on same topic here to keep all collected info together for reference.

The more I think about it and read comments the more I think it could in fact be sized down. We will absolutely need to maintain an entire listing of the various weapons under each skill category but maybe it doesn't have to be within that particular table. For the most part I wanted to catologue all the variations so that it would be easy to review what we're dealing with. A BIG list that is. There's much more as you say Zinsho. Now that gogo has gone and created the pages for each category it might be easier to maintain full listings on each respective page. Then again we may yet find that those subclasses do in fact need to be in the table. I'm thinking that it would be to our benefit to work as is on the present table and fill it out. After it's been completed we could then break it apart and move info around.

Energistic was a tough one for me Llama. I needed a name that could be referenced from game to wiki and the below image should explain my desperate choice, lol. I considered "Energy Weapon" but there are two problems with that. Some types of ranged, errrr, staffs/poles are actually called Energy Weapon. Other problem is that Energy Weapon might easily be confused with any kind of pistol. For the sake of referencing direct from game I thought Energistic might work well. It's open for alternative naming though!

Good point Asuka. Are you meaning to put it in a different table somewhere?

Notice the frequent naming of Energistic. Also note the Ranged Weapons modifier Chance to hit additional opponents on all 5 of the Energy/Energistic weapons. So it seems these weapons are inclined to have that modifier. Seems other weapons behave the same way. :)

Energistic.jpg

Good point Asuka. Are you meaning to put it in a different table somewhere?

Notice the frequent naming of Energistic. Also note the Ranged Weapons modifier Chance to hit additional opponents on all 5 of the Energy/Energistic weapons. So it seems these weapons are inclined to have that modifier. Seems other weapons behave the same way. :)

Energistic.jpg

wow

Schot, when it comes to proof, you've got it man.

Nice work here...and definitely a wonderful pattern you've seen from good ole observations to see some answers for us.

Okay I'll head into the game right now and start pulling out clubs and see if I can see a pattern as well. In Sacred Original clubs had inclinations towards undead...maybe here as well.

Great work Schot

+++

:4rofl:

gogo

bludgeon1.jpgcudgel3.jpg

club1.jpgcudgel2.jpg

cudgel1.jpgbludgeon4.jpg

bludgeon2.jpg

Hafted Mastery:

bludgeon6.jpgbludgeon3mastery.jpg

And there we go... clubs, bludgeons and cudgels...disposition towards undead. ( took pix of mastery weps cuz they're cool :4rofl:)

Yee haw!

gogo

Long post incoming.

Energistic.jpg

If you look in "sacred 2\locale\en_US\Itemnames.csv" there is only one reference to "energistic"

NGCLF_ENERGY_WEAPON;Energy Weapon,1;Energiser,1;Energistic Weapon,1

In "typification.txt" there is a "CLF_ENERGY_WEAPON" type.

The problem is that most lines in "itemnames.csv" does not have corresponding entry in any of the scripts, some of the names looks like the ones in typification.

they seem to go trough some sort of internal naming process that I haven't been able to find any trace of yet.

In typification we have

newTypification = {
 id = 28,
 name = "CLF_ENERGY_WEAPON",
 stat = "STAT_DEX",
 modreal = 1000,
 modfocus = 0,
 modbasepoints = 1180,
 bonusgroupID = 158,
 weapondamagespread = 160,
 fightdistance = 525.000000,
}
mgr.createTypification(28, newTypification);

In itemtype.txt there 4 itemtypes of that classification, 4977 - 4980. If you want to see them search for "mgr.typeCreate(4977".

In blueprint.txt you can find the real item blueprints by going after things with a "itemtypes" tag

newBlueprint = {
 id = 957,
 name = "energy_staff_magic",
 palettebits = "1111111111111111",
 dmgvariation = 160,
 minconstraints = {8,5,0},
 lvljump = 1,
 usability = 0,
 allotment_pmfpi = {1000,0,0,0,0},
 uniquename = "",
 specialuseonly = 0,
 bonusgroup0 = {583,1500,1,9,0},
 bonusgroup1 = {582,1500,1,5,0},
 bonusgroup2 = {581,1500,1,2,0},
 itemtypes = {4977,4979,4980,},
 wearergroups = {'WEARGROUP_DEFAULT',},
}

Notice the bonusgrup tags? The material had bonusgroupid 158 (BONUS_AREASPLASH with minconstraints = {1,1,0}, BONUS_IGNORE_ARMOR with minconstraints = {25,5,0}, BONUS_EXTRAEFFECTCHANCE with minconstraints = {70,1,1} AND basedonskill = "skill_distance_weapon_mastery") which matches the unlockable ability.

The blueprints bonusgroup seems to decide the normal abilities. Bonusgroup 583 looks like this

bonuslist = { 37,67,69,382,392,393,643,647,649,651,652,659,662,680,682,684,686,688,690,692,694
,696,698,700,702,704,706,708,},

37 is BONUS_DIRECTDAMAGE, 69 is BONUS_DEBUFF_ARMOR_POTENTIAL. So it looks like the material decides the ability unlocks but it looks like it is limited by the level of the character. The bonusgroup on the blueprint decides all available random generated abilities.

Have anyone found a Energistic weapon with BONUS_IGNORE_ARMOR below level 25? Could anyone check that the Energistic weapons really are influenced by Dexterity?

So far I haven't been able to find out were damage is assigned but in material.txt we have things that looks promising.

I am preparing a little api/file guide for each of the script files for the guys over in the modding forum.

bludgeon1.jpgcudgel3.jpg

club1.jpgcudgel2.jpg

cudgel1.jpgbludgeon4.jpg

bludgeon2.jpg

Hafted Mastery:

bludgeon6.jpgbludgeon3mastery.jpg

And there we go... clubs, bludgeons and cudgels...disposition towards undead. ( took pix of mastery weps cuz they're cool :4rofl:)

Yee haw!

gogo

I am going to test my theory about the files on the cudgels. The part that will be important in the next step is highlighted with ** **, the part that connect this step to the one before will be highlighted with -- --

itemname.csv

**NGCLF_CLUB**;Club,1;Bludgeon,1;Cudgel,1

Typification.txt

newTypification = {
 id = 22,
 name = --"CLF_CLUB"--,
 stat = "STAT_STR",
 modreal = 1000,
 modfocus = 0,
 modbasepoints = 960,
 bonusgroupID = **106**,
 weapondamagespread = 150,
 fightdistance = 35.000000,
}
mgr.createTypification(22, newTypification);

Blueprint.txt

newBonusgroup = {
 id = **106**,
 name = "Ybg_hafted_club																												 ",
 bonuslist = --{ 74,78,82,}--,
}
mgr.createBonusgroup(**106**, newBonusgroup);

blueprint.txt

newBonus = {
--  name = "wb_hftl_attackspeed",
 rating = 11,
 basedonskill = "skill_hafted_weapon_lore",
 type = "BONUS_SPEED",
 spez = "SPEED_ATTACK",
 spez2 = "",
 usagebits = 65535,
 minconstraints = {1,1,0},
 difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,50,100},
 difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,65,130},
 difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,80,160},
 difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,100,200},
 difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,125,250},
}
mgr.createBonus(--74--, newBonus);

newBonus = {
--  name = "wb_hftl_undead_damfir_rel",
 rating = 2,
 basedonskill = "skill_hafted_weapon_lore",
 type = "BONUS_WEAPONDAMAGE_REL",
 spez = "DMG_FIRE",
 spez2 = "SUBFAM_LIFE_UNDEAD",
 usagebits = 65535,
 minconstraints = {25,5,0},
 difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,100,600},
 difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,130,800},
 difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,160,1000},
 difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,200,1200},
 difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,250,1500},
}
mgr.createBonus(--78--, newBonus);

newBonus = {
--  name = "wb_hftm_stunchance",
 rating = 12,
 basedonskill = "skill_hafted_weapon_mastery",
 type = "BONUS_STUN",
 spez = "",
 spez2 = "",
 usagebits = 65535,
 minconstraints = {70,1,1},
 difficultyvaluerange0 = {0,44,55},
 difficultyvaluerange1 = {1,50,68},
 difficultyvaluerange2 = {2,55,82},
 difficultyvaluerange3 = {3,60,96},
 difficultyvaluerange4 = {4,66,110},
}
mgr.createBonus(--82--, newBonus);

Note the mincontraints of each bonus. Have you been able to find cudgels or clubs with increased attack speed as a unlockable ability?

Here is a csv file with the weapon classifications and their bonusgroup id. Paste into a openoffice Calc document and you will be able to sort it.

"Classification","Bonus","Stat","Id"

"CLF_2H_AXE",109,"STAT_STR",6

"CLF_2H_HAMMER",110,"STAT_STR",7

"CLF_2H_SWORD",91,"STAT_STR",8

"CLF_AXE",104,"STAT_STR",11

"CLF_BarstewardSWORD",90,"STAT_STR",12

"CLF_BATTERY_ENERGY",250,"STAT_DEX",146

"CLF_BATTERY_TECHNICS",249,"STAT_DEX",145

"CLF_BLOWGUN",159,"STAT_DEX",156

"CLF_CLUB",106,"STAT_STR",22

"CLF_DAGGER",69,"STAT_DEX",26

"CLF_ENERGY_PISTOL",157,"STAT_DEX",27

"CLF_ENERGY_WEAPON",158,"STAT_DEX",28

"CLF_FISTWEAPON",127,"STAT_STR",29

"CLF_FISTWEAPON_BLADE",129,"STAT_STR",83

"CLF_FISTWEAPON_SPIKE",128,"STAT_STR",82

"CLF_HALBERD",72,"STAT_STR",33

"CLF_HAMMER",105,"STAT_STR",34

"CLF_HORSEBOW",155,"STAT_DEX",85

"CLF_JAVELIN",116,"STAT_STR",37

"CLF_LONGBOW",147,"STAT_DEX",42

"CLF_MAGESTAFF",164,"STAT_INT",43

"CLF_MAGESTAFF_2H",166,"STAT_INT",154

"CLF_MAGESTAFF_2H_R",167,"STAT_INT",155

"CLF_MAGESTAFF_R",165,"STAT_INT",153

"CLF_POLE",115,"STAT_DEX",5

"CLF_RECURVEBOW",149,"STAT_DEX",84

"CLF_SABER",88,"STAT_STR",58

"CLF_SHORTBOW",154,"STAT_DEX",62

"CLF_SHORTSWORD",87,"STAT_DEX",64

"CLF_SWORD",89,"STAT_STR",4

"CLF_THROW_DAGGER",151,"STAT_DEX",65

"CLF_THROW_DRINK",143,"STAT_DEX",66

"CLF_THROW_STAR",145,"STAT_DEX",67

"CLF_THROW_STONE",151,"STAT_DEX",220

"CLF_THROW_STONE_BIG",145,"STAT_STR",224

"CLF_WHIP",107,"STAT_DEX",74

If anyone want to get the data in some specific format just let me know.

Moander, nice job here, we're actually getting even more info regarding the weapons than I expected. OKay I've turned all the weapons on the table into links to pages. I guess info on all the weapon types can be entered there.

I think the next step is to put in check marks into the main weapon table which would indicate which class can actually wield a particular weapon.

If anyone's not eating any breakfast this morning, and if you know that x class can wield x weapon...

Check away!

;)

gogo