Tips for first 20 levels in Sacred 2

I finally logged into multiplayer Sacred yesterday (go me!).

I started on the Start Isle... and quickly found the cave with portals to different parts of the game.

I poked around choosing the portal that looked like the start area (High Elf area).

I took the portal... and my hardcore level 1 Elf was immediately killed by a level 5 wolf (and in the screen I could see 5 skeletons wandering around). Hmmm. Insta-death. For a level 1 alone.

So:

TIP: Explore the entire island, and choose the portal by the docks which leads into a town centre. Much more survivable start!

Please Post tips here for how to quickly clamber out of powerlessness (low levels)... and THANKS! :D

Edited by gogoblender

For my Hardcore characters, I always start in Bronze until I get to level 3 or 4, just to get a few combat arts.

I'm doing this because when I started in Silver with HC characters, I don't know why, but I always died in the first few quests.

So, the tip would be :

-If you're playing HC, start in Bronze and get a few levels and a few combat arts before going in Silver.

Hope this helps.

Max

I always start on silver.

First, I do the Runemaster and Blacksmith tutorial quests to unlock the Runemaster and Blacksmith in Sloeford (they are useful). This gives me 2-3 levels.

Then I go to Kobold Chieftain, and then continue the main quest. Pretty fast leveling :D

Just use the portal in town...only place you can go is Sloeford (if it's a new toon)

1) Don't worry about CA regen early on...get the best defensive gear you can get

2) Join an empty server. This way the quest bug won't get you (certain quest enemies spawn at the level of 1st person in server)

3) Buy health pots before you leave town

4) If you're in a server with other people...make sure you know where they are and where they've been

5) Take your time..resist the temptation to fight a mob, until you know how successful you are against single encounters with same enemy type

6) If you're overmatched use F12 and try to drink pots as you're teleporting

7) Don't forget the God Spell if in trouble...could buy you a few secs to F12 out alive

8) If you see enemies aren't moving or taking damage from your attacks...F12 immediately because you're lagging

9) See if someone can get you a special mount...the extra defense and HP helps

10) Understand the enemy's attack type and make sure you have appropriate relics active

Just use the portal in town...only place you can go is Sloeford (if it's a new toon)

1) Don't worry about CA regen early on...get the best defensive gear you can get

I disagree, attack is very valuable in those first levels, or else you will get trouble hitting stuff! Be on the lookout for rings with +attack/+defense on them :)

2) Join an empty server. This way the quest bug won't get you (certain quest enemies spawn at the level of 1st person in server)

Approved.

3) Buy health pots before you leave town

I don't know how sucky your character is, but after you hit level 5-6 you should be swimming in pots...

4) If you're in a server with other people...make sure you know where they are and where they've been

Approved.

5) Take your time..resist the temptation to fight a mob, until you know how successful you are against single encounters with same enemy type

Approved.

6) If you're overmatched use F12 and try to drink pots as you're teleporting

Or go the cheap way out: AltF4 :P

7) Don't forget the God Spell if in trouble...could buy you a few secs to F12 out alive

Depends on God of choice. You don't need a Sakkara demon to join the fray.

8) If you see enemies aren't moving or taking damage from your attacks...F12 immediately because you're lagging

Approved.

9) See if someone can get you a special mount...the extra defense and HP helps

Approved.

10) Understand the enemy's attack type and make sure you have appropriate relics active

I only started doing this at level 20... Look for cheap relics in the shop: prices are highly stat/item color dependable.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I lost so many toons to Sacred 2 when I was first starting out. Not only did I have scant "feel" for the game, but the ability for super high leveled toons to just plummet into my server and then leave behind a trail of uber leveled baddies was disheartening as well as deadly.

My biggest advice? From levels 1-10 try and make sure you know every level of every other toon in your server. This means keeping an eye on that little popup left screen that shows you peeps entering, leaving and chatting. It's important that you do this because you can be surprised by levels, and one hit kills are not fun.

Also, being power leveled by friends.. been there died that :P Very dangerous...avoid at all costs

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

Blacksmiths sell "damage converters". Use 'em in blue sockets on weapons to convert a weapon to poison, fire, ice, or magic damage.

Having the ability to switch weapons (F1, F2, F3...) to the appropriate damage type will make the game MUCH much easier!

As soon as you start heading east (in campaign mode), pick up Ambul ('Old friends' quest). Don't complete it. He doesn't do jack for damage, but nothing in the game can harm him; so he makes an excellent tank/distraction/free pet. Definitely nice to have if you jump in over your head somewhere.

Edited by phramulo