Additional Damage - what is this?

Hey guys...as I just made it into platinum and started taking out enemies... I see now something new.

A few times now I've seen "Additional Damage" fly out everytime I'd hit certain monsters. Olms.

ad600.jpg

Anyone know what is happening here?

:)

gogo

It's also the damage you are doing to the Swirling Mist. Demon lightning also does additional damage to you.

I suspect it might be special damage that cannot be avoided, unlike other thypes that can be resisted.

1300 vs the swamp boss is actually quite low. Swirling mists gets killed via additional damage, however I'm wondering what it's coming from in this case. Did you add anything to your gear/check new set bonuses or anything?

1300 vs the swamp boss is actually quite low. \

-I've never seen this kind of damage before...you have?

-I'm trying to remember what I did to my build before I tried out plat for a few minutes and saw this damage... the only thing I did was socket two new and nice damage rings, very basic no extra mods into my pipe and go shooting...and that's when I saw this happening.

Alas, I took that build apart and sent a good number of the pieces down to my level 82 (that takes forever! :)) ...I guess when I get the trader up there, I'll get to have a look at this again.

gogo

llama on sif says that this is something different:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ed=1#post522035

But...reading this got me running to see something that had been on my mind for a while now....and I think I have the answer.

Damage Lore's mastery?

I think something I socketed gave me an additional +5 to all skills...Yes I know it's not hard points, but distinction tween hard and soft is buggy right?

I'm gonna see about raising that Lore again to see it if it works...strangely enough I only got it to work against some olms and I think a werewolf champ.

gogo