Sacred 2 Guide Manager - Release Topic

While I was trying to sleep last night (I still don't know why, but I think about lots of things while trying to sleep), I had a several ideas for my program, and I'd like to get some help for one of these ideas.

One of the ideas I had yesterday was the possibility to follow a Preset (and eventually create one).

I noticed a few times that people come to this forum and ask things like : "I want to play a Shadow Warrior (for example) and I would like to have a general guideline on how to play."

In my program, I could (with the help of some of you) add some Guide Preset. These will give more freedom to the player if he/she does not want to follow a guide.

The preset will only give some of the absolutely required skills name (and maybe how many points) or all the 10 skills to take, maybe one of the combat arts to use, and general tips.

Some ideas I had for guide presets (they might be wrong, so feel free to tell me if I should correct them) :

"I want to play a character that kills everything without dying."

1) Character Class : Shadow Warrior

Skill 1 : Tactics Lore

Skill 2 : Sword Lore or Axe Lore

Skill 3 : Armor Lore

Skill 4 : Constitution

Skill 5 : Toughness

Skill 6 : Combat Discipline

Skill 7 : Combat Reflexes

Skill 8 : --Your choice--

Skill 9 : --Your choice--

Skill 10 : --Your choice--

Combat Arts : Scything Sweep, Frenzied Rampage

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I want to shoot all enemies before they can ever reach me."

2) Character Class : Dryad

Skill 1 : Concentraion

Skill 2 : Ranged Lore

Skill 3 : Armor Lore

Skill 4 : Combat Discipline

Skill 5 : Tactics Lore

Skill 6 : --Your choice--

Skill 7 : --Your choice--

Combat Arts : Darting Assault, Tangled Vine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I want to play some kind of necromancer (like in Diablo 2)."

3) Character Class : Shadow Warrior

Skill 1 : Astral Lord Lore

Skill 2 : Astral Lord Focus

Skill 3 : Concentration

Skill 4 : Combat Discipline

Skill 5 : Ancient Magic

Skill 6 : Combat Reflexes

Skill 7 : Constitution

Combat Arts : Nether Allegeance (for the skeletons), Shadow Veil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll add presets people post on the first post, so feel free to help me on this one!

Max

P.S. Could anyone "sticky" this topic so anyone interesed in following guides will see this topic on the top of the page?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful idea Max! However, as with every piece of software, I would advice to consolidate first before trying new ground :-) I noticed a couple of things, first the ' main' functionality of the program still needs some bug fixes/improvements as discussed by several people before. Second, there are only two guides at the management website which tells me people are not aware of your wonderful creation! I say, spend some more time and effort on the current functionality then try to get it out there, advertise for it by posting on those forums. Then, when you have a more extensive user base, start collecting peoples whishes for the software and go from there.

all the best,

Peter.

ps: it seems your website is down atm ...

Edited by Beng Blackheart

Thanks for the reply Peter.

My first idea about advertising my program was to make a topic about it on the Official Forum and then to make a topic here. But since they (the admins, mods, etc) seems to not allow Third-Party Software (correct me if I'm wrong, I might have read it incorrectly), this screwed up my first way of advertisement.

Right now I'm working on an update for my program, which will "finally" allow people to edit their guides. (I know that this has been asked several times, and now it will be there.) I will also try my best to improve some aspects of my program in order to give a better experience to those who are interested in my program.

Max

The only problem I see with this idea is that people might not always agree about what is absolutely required :D

As for SIF, I believe that if you post it in a certain way there will be no problem. Like making a survey about what people would like to see in a guide or what is their idea of absolutely necessary, without directly linking to the guide manager.

Ask a mod there, they are not totally unreasonable :D But the stories about them worshipping Satan are very true...

• 1 month later...

Good job Max!

I like it alot, the only thing I recommend is keeping all versions compatible with the older files or updating the old files.

Other then that, good job :thumbsup:

Good job Max!

I like it alot, the only thing I recommend is keeping all versions compatible with the older files or updating the old files.

Other then that, good job :)

I'm glad you like it! :)

About the compatibility, it's only because I haven't found a good and solid way to make the attributes work in a simple way. Now that I've found a good way with the 1.2 version, the core of my program won't change. It's been a while since I last worked on my program, I was working on making a lighter version of the Guide Creation, but I plan to continue doing it soon; and I also plan on updating my program with the release of the expansion when the 2 new classes (if there will be 2) will be known.

Max

• 1 month later...

I decided to release a new version of my Guide Manager, which contains several improvements and bugfixes.

The first post of this topic has been updated with the contents of this update.

This update will most likely be the last one before the Sacred 2 expansion.

Max

Edited by metal_max64

Max! This is incredible work! :(

I'm using it to plan out a future character I plan on making and loving it so far. I do have a couple suggestions though:

--Maybe make the skill explanation boxes allow more characters. Seems too short for trying to explain some odd skill placement in a particular guide. Sometimes those things need explanation, ya know?

--Allow more than just 6 CA slots. I've been looking through some guides and a lot of them mention more than just 6 Combat Arts being actively used, whether in a combo or not. Granted, you PC players tend to use less CAs than us console players since the console version allows quick access to 12 CAs on the fly, but still. It's nice to at least have information in regards to why or why not to use a particular skill in certain ways.

That's what I have for now. I can help with reporting bugs if you'd like too.

P.S. I realize you may not work on this until after the expansion but I thought I'd give my input anyway :)

Max! This is incredible work! :ninja:

I'm using it to plan out a future character I plan on making and loving it so far. I do have a couple suggestions though:

--Maybe make the skill explanation boxes allow more characters. Seems too short for trying to explain some odd skill placement in a particular guide. Sometimes those things need explanation, ya know?

--Allow more than just 6 CA slots. I've been looking through some guides and a lot of them mention more than just 6 Combat Arts being actively used, whether in a combo or not. Granted, you PC players tend to use less CAs than us console players since the console version allows quick access to 12 CAs on the fly, but still. It's nice to at least have information in regards to why or why not to use a particular skill in certain ways.

That's what I have for now. I can help with reporting bugs if you'd like too.

P.S. I realize you may not work on this until after the expansion but I thought I'd give my input anyway :(

Thanks for your comment! About your suggestions, I think I found a way to have more than 6 CA slots and more text about the skills, I added them in my to-do list.

At the moment, I'm collecting ideas and testing stuff for a new version of the Guide Manager, as well as a brand new website!

EDIT : UPDATE July 30 : The new website is almost complete, I just need to review the mechanics behind the web pages.

Max

Edited by metal_max64
This is amazing. Simply amazing. Excellent work max!

Thanks! I'm quite proud of what I've been able to realize. I hope more people will use it.

@nilihanth : Right now I'm working on an update which will allow 8 combat arts to be explained. Thanks for pointing out that there was not enough space for explanation. In the same time, I realized that most people who are posting guides here use more than 6 combat arts. When I'll be done, I'll add those guides into my database.

Max

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
hey dude! any chance of you adding Unipuma's Dryad guide? http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8998

would be much appreciated...

Here you go :

LINK

Max

Awesome, thanks man. Very nice of you and very much appreciated :unsure:

Started having a little play with your creator and ended up half making that dryad one myself. About to have a go at adding Kaiden's HC Shadow Warrior Defence Build and Larry's Rich Astral Shadow Warrior one :devil: Will see how I go. Only have this on the xbox 360 so have already found out the hard way that certain things don't quite work as well :pirate:

Are you still playing the game a fair bit?

Heya,

great effort, great program ! :unsure:

Never really used it, but am going to look at this more closely, I like it!

On a whole other note... what program are you using for this database?

Greetz