The Return of Kamikaze Sunday - Sacred 2!

Schot

The time has finally come to revive a much loved Sacred event that carried on for about a year and a half. On Sunday, February the 8th the DarkMatters Kamikaze Sunday public event will officially re-launch but this time on the Sacred 2 servers. With it will come many generations of Kamikaze participants who will reach high up the levels and there will be some, sadly, that will plummet to their doom. But hope is never lost when traveling together. The Kamikaze is renowned for it's comradery and those needing help are surely to receive it from well established players of this event in true HC spirit.

Come what may, the goal of this event will be to climb the levels together in parties and on occasion experience the world of Ancaria through exploration and quests.

For next Sunday, February the 8th the event will begin on Silver difficulty and also the event will take place on EU servers. Players are to choose whichever character class they would like but must begin the event as a level one. There are no restrictions on equipment. You can bargain your equipment, you can receive it from friends, etc. The stronger you are means the stronger your party will be and everyone will be the better for it.

At the moment we only intended to run the event on EU servers though depending on how the event progresses with each generation there may come a time when the event is held on other regions. Hopefully... The servers will be merged before I have to consider it. :)

The event is in fact public but we will need to use a password. The number one reason is communication. We need to be able to communicate with each other during the event and if someone happens to join the event who doesn't speak English it could very well make things not fun at all. We'll be maintaining the password the same way we did it for Sacred UW. A topic will be maintained at DarkMatters.org which will be publicly visible. Naturally it will be written and linked to in English which will minimize the likelihood of a non-English speaker finding their way into the server.

As for this Sunday I realize I had mentioned in a previous post that this Sunday would be the first of the new Kamikaze but alas I had previous engagements arranged. So for this Sunday there won't "officially" be a Kamikaze. Though gathering around together would make great practice. There was also talk of a Saturday Kamikaze however what I think might be best is to create a different name for a Saturday event in order to avoid confusion.

In the meantime I'll be setting up a new poll with new options as well as some ground rules.

Well that's it for now folks. I'm working on our first journey which I'm hoping I'll have time to provide a map of. Keep an eye out in the coming days. :)

Schot

P.s.

For those of you who did not have the pleasure of being part of the Sacred UW Kamikaze Sundays you might like to have a look at it's generations. Speaking of generation... A Kamikaze Sunday generation is a collection of that generations experiences documented as they came to pass. Or more accurately. It is a discussion that spans the start and end of a generation. A generation begins with many players coming together to partake in the Kamikaze Sunday event beginning at character level one and ending at approximately level 140. A single Kamikaze Sunday generation typically carries on for 1 and a half months in Sacred UW though for Sacred 2 only the future will tell. generations are for the most part ended by a vote of the participants as to whether it should continue another week or end to restart a new generation which would allow those who died to join back in the fun. Whew! :)

Kamikaze Sunday Rules, Info, and Generations

Sacred 2 Fallen Angel Kamikaze Sunday discussion on the SIF

The Old Event

Sacred Underworld Kamikaze Sunday discussion on the SIF

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of questions...

1) Does it matter if I am dark or light?

2) If I am in the United States can I play in the EU server?

3) If I am an unskilled player (I suppose I am but I can still run a CA :) ) with only marginal gear will I really hurt the other players on my team? (If I decide to join I do plan on building a trainer(edit: I meant bargainer) and planning some gear/runes for the player I want to use)...

Thanks!

Edited by claudius

1) Does it matter if I am dark or light?

In the MP servers alignment only really affects partying. Shadow and Light characters cannot be in same party

2) If I am in the United States can I play in the EU server?

Only if you bought a CD-key bound to the EU servers. If your game was published by CDW then you are limited to the US servers. Deep Silver is the publisher for the EU one. You can use your existing US copy with an EU CD-key. Maybe someone can put up links where you can purchase one on-line. Hopefully the server merge will happen soon and this won't be an issue anymore.

3) If I am an unskilled player (I suppose I am but I can still run a CA 1:) with only marginal gear will I really hurt the other players on my team? (If I decide to join I do plan on building a trainer(edit: I meant bargainer) and planning some gear/runes for the player I want to use)...

As long as you're close in level you shouldn't adversely affect other members. Some builds are stronger than others at same levels. Also many people join a party but level/explore solo.

Edited by Knuckles

So I guess you don't party together? And the purpose is to level as fast as possible and see how far you get? Hmmm.... I'm still learning. I just lost my survival bonus because I was experimenting to raise a dead soul and it wasn't working and I didn't notice my life was low :P I think its more fun for me to play the game very slow and appreciate all the graphics and adventure.

I'm working on revising the previous Kamikaze Sunday guideline Luke but if you'd like to have a general idea of times it will be at 17:00 GMT +0. Choosing the time was probably the most difficult part of the event. I really would like everyone interested to have a chance at some of this fun. There are three possible solutions to this that I'm looking at. Either it could be an all day event, there could be an extra one that would start about 16-14 hours before the Sunday 17:00 GMT +0 event or there could be an additional completely different event with an alternate schedule of say... 01:00 GMT +0. In Perth that would be 10am. Here in Montreal it would be 8pm. Both reasonable times I think. It won't happen next week but that's something to build on. ;)

As for the other factors it sure is making things complicated. Yeesh! No Shadow/Light parties is going to really cramp the flow of Kamikaze Sundays. But where there is a will there is a way. Since there is a limited number of players allowed in a party it may work out well to ensure a balance of Shadow and Light players... That or ask that all non Inquisitors choose Light path and we'll figure something out for any Inquisitors that arrive.

There is one defining point to the Kamikaze Sunday and it is that players must enter each week at the same level. This makes it possible for all players to roam freely without worry of another player spawning a high level enemy and also encourages joint party activities. Playing in a party is hard to come by because of level differences. To that point I have a nice demonstration planned for this Sunday which should show how fun partying can be. Question is... Would you guys want to know what I have planned? Or do you guys want to wait till the day comes?

Oh btw. Don't spend too much time preparing your level 1 Kamikaze but DO prepare. I'm not entirely sure if any of us will survive this first Kamikaze, lol.

Seriously though Schot... wouldn't it be more appropriate for [D.a.r.k], at least for the Kamikaze Sundays that all non-Seraphims choose the Dark path and we just figure out how to help out the Seras... not to mention it'll be a change of pace for many of us from what I've seen.

It would be and I hear yah. Except for one problem... We've already committed to Light with all of our characters. So in future Kamikazes the Light characters we are playing now may be able to join in.

P.s.

If I recall correctly gogo made an announcement to the clan that we should "follow tha Light".

P.P.s

Heeeey Ari. Would be wonderful to see you there and omgosh there sure are a lota barns in Sacred 2. ;)

Yay!

I'm so in! Got some ideas for a new level oner and ready to see it roar. Great news this is about the Kami, Schot, I"m sure it's going to be just as successful as the last few years for Sacred.

Online Party!

;)

gogo

p.s regarding Alignment, Good works best so far. It allows the most amount of interaction and partying. If you want to tpt to someone fast, it saves the big pain of trying to meet up somewhere, and partying is great for experience. Hopefully Ascaron will fix this for Freeplay, I'd love to play an Inquisitor.

Aw Schot Id love to! but still am blocked by the regional server mess, it hurts coming and reading ;) aw well maybe someday. I still remember our first Kami though, I hope yours is just as off the wall as it can be :)

As I posted in the SIF;

The best time for me is usually 1pm to 6pm Sat and Sunday afternoons.

I am GMT +11 so if you are close to GMT that means about midnight to 5am for you.

and hence lies my problem ;)

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours to go folks. And my Kami TG is still at level 17! ;) Today's Kamikaze is level 20. For those wishing to participate you must be level 20 or less please. We'll be attempting the Xmas quest again in hopes of completion. This time what I think will work best is if one person, or team, be chosen to always to the talking with NPC's.

I know that for some people there was some lag so what we'll do to remedy that is after the xmas quest we'll have the different parties separate and achieve different objectives. For each Kamikaze we can start it off with a goal that everyone will do together and then separate the parties. We'll give that a try today.

See you then!

Password: dark

As far as lag - nothing a new PC wouldn't solve ;)

I should be there though I think I'll be a little late again. Got my nephew coming down for a few days and just found out I have to pick him up. About 3hrs roundtrip.

For those wishing to participate you must be level 20 or less please

So that means I can join in even if my character is only level 18? (Sorry I didn't have time to play yesterday or this morning).

I'm not at home right now, but I should be back home soon.

Max

Edited by metal_max64