Mcdonalds' Angus Burger... Puhleeze

Disgusting.

Big piece of dry meat on a toasted cold bun...

Six bux for this?

Sorry...but I'm thinking that good ole Mcd's attempt to bring in higher paying customers with so-called "luxury" foods just doesn't cut it. Have any of you guys actually been sucked in and bought one of these things?

I figgered since I was paying a premium price, I'd at least get something as good as what I can get at Wendy's and Harvey's. And the fancy writing on the big box the burger came in was so tantalizing... telling me that every time I order this burger it's going to be perfect.

Far from it

:P

gogo

My Eight year old love these. I won't buy them for him, but he can usually get one out of my father-in-law.

Big Piece of dry meat? Gogo, my friend....you described it perfectly! Too thick! Too dry!

I feel the same about Carl's Jr's six dollar burger. Give me In n out or Fatburger.

Here's a pic of it

angus_burger.gif

Gonna see if I can dig out of the garbage can what they say on the box...

Good for a laugh

Hah!

gogo

p.s. Never heard of Carl's Jr. Do they make it on the spot? The speed at at which the Angus Burger magically appeared in the ladies hand leads me to believe Mcd's newest burgers are microwaved :)

Here's a pic of it

angus_burger.gif

Gonna see if I can dig out of the garbage can what they say on the box...

Good for a laugh

Hah!

gogo

p.s. Never heard of Carl's Jr. Do they make it on the spot? The speed at at which the Angus Burger magically appeared in the ladies hand leads me to believe Mcd's newest burgers are microwaved :)

If you look at the picture, they had good intentions. Love the red onions. But the meat is just too thick. Two thin patties is better than one thick one. And angus beef is always so dry.

You don't have Carl's Jr.?

They are known for their messy burgers, hence the ad campaign "If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face."

The problem is that resturants have to adhere to certain food safety rules. If you take a big hunk of ground beef and cook it all the way through, it's going to be dry.

The best burgers are found in local 'hole in the wall' resturants.

We call Mcdonalds Rotten Ronnies.

I found their food is good for cleaning me out.

:D

Lol. Rotten Ronnies.

The thing about McDonalds, for me, is that there are other places that are better--they all are. But when you want McDonalds, nothing else will do.

Edited by Silearth

Yes, the intentions were good, but they just didn't seem to come out properly. And you're right Sil, the idea of a big burger like that making it in a fast food joint doesn't seem to work. Harvey's Duo burger for example has got to be one of the best products out there. Harvey's makes every burger right on the spot, and when the burger comes out it's smoking. When was the last time anything you ordered at Mcd's was too hot too handle? The red onions were a good touch. The bun, a cool idea...but I'd prefer that it be hottesque rather than cold and crumbly. And I whole heartedly agree...nothing like the local joint to make a best burger. I think a problem that afflicts this burger is, as you noted Silearth, the fact that the pattie is so huge. And because they're not making the things to order, it's always going to be well done.

Yuck

:D

gogo

So. Um. I guess they are duplicating A & W's "Uncle Burger". the UB is thick and drier than their normal hamburger.

Nothing tastes like a great Mozza Burger from A&W. I suspect the secret is the fat they use to soak their burgers. Ummm.

"In n Out" is U.S. only chain as far as I know (they have them in L.A., haven't been there...but Joe Scalzi swears by them.)

Expensive "hamburgers": avoid avoid avoid!

Icck. I don't eat burgers at fast-food chains, with the exception of Five Guys -- I think fairly local to the D.C. area. All they make is burgers and fries. When a fast-food place makes a dozen different kinds of food, you can pretty well bet their burgers are going to stink. Burgers need to be flame broiled, cooked properly, and served fresh. Not going to happen in most chains.

Why do you still eat at McD's GoGo? Have you learned nothing?!?!

This is the last time.

Ever

I promise

But even though I keep saying it and going back this time it's for real.

I've been served raw Chicken Mcnuggets twice now by Mcd's. Once the quivering pink flesh inside the nugget was jiggling so much I almost retched.

And...this time...the last time...it was a burger.

From

So why did you change your mind when you knew what to expect gogo?

:o

~Doom

^^ I agree.

theres nothing like eating crap mcd's when your drunk. it seems to be where everyone ends up after big nights out.

as for "luxury" burgers at maccas, here in aus there doing the exact same thing. I think their latest one is the "seared chicken burger w/ chilli"

and ofc now they offer bacon as an upgrade.

Why do you still eat at McD's GoGo? Have you learned nothing?!?!

It's those two for one coupons they send in the mail...I just can't seem to say no to them...

halp

;)

gogo

Oh come on guys, Mcdonald's is not that bad. Sure, I hate the angus burger but the big mac is nice. I have even gotten them hot a couple of times. You just have to get there when they are running behind and you'll get one fresh of the assembly line.

Of course there are better alternatives, but when I crave a mcsomething nothing else will do.

I quit going to the fast food joints awhile back ( well maybe Taco Bell but rarely even there) I prefer to take the time and cook my own. imagesrp1.jpgBut I do use carry out at the local restaurants abit