Meet Pyrobelle

Just posting up my HE build up here for some of you more experienced sacred players out there to have a look at.

the idea of this build was to have a very strong Area of Effect and ranged character all in one, so far im not having much trouble at level 66 in gold, criusing through the land of the orcs with not too much hassle.

SKILLS:

-Concentration

-Pyro Lore

-Pyro Focus

-Ancient Magic

-Tactics Lore

-Ranged Weapons

-Damage Lore

-Armor Lore

-Combat Discipline

-Constitution

ATTRIBUTES:

I went with stamina up till level 40 or so, then started to put the points in dexterity. looking back I think I would have put ALL my points into dex for the added chance to hit (attack value)

TACTICS:

when using Pyrobelle I try to lure/sheperd as many groups into following me (your mount makes this easier) then find the right moment to cast blazing tepest afew times, I also have this im a combo with fireball which I plan to mod so I will have two fireballs that home in on targets.

ive found that the remaining champions I can normally just shoot down with my way cool energy weapon (or bow)

bosses are normally a case of running about and casting incindary shower alot.

thats about it.

please feel free to let me know what you think, im happy to hear your analysis and critisism (as im kind of new to sacred, only played for about 2 months. big time diablo 2 fan)

Cheers.

thks Von Bek,

for my buffs im using:

Incandesent Skin: Inferno - Energy Focus - Arrant Pyromancer Expertise

Fire Deamon: Puissance - Enliven - Modesty

These mods I chose to try and lower the regen of Combat Arts and to get a higher level deamon. besides what other people think about the AI of that little guy I find him helpful. and he keeps me compony. :4rofl:

when I get concentration up to 75 I will be using GI obviously.

for Combat Arts im using these mods:

Blazing Tempest: Ignite - Confligulation - Ambition

sets things on fire quickly and since its DoT it seems to land criticals all the time.

Incendiary Shower: Skull Smash - Continuance -

this is great for bosses, if you stun them your safe until you cast it again, and due to contiuance I find I have a CONSTANT shower of fireballs. YEH! for the third mod im going to take the one that gives more critical hits I think.

Fireball: Expolsion -

thats it so far, but will take Fusillade and Hot pursuit to have two evil balls of monster chasing mayhem!

hope thats enough reasoning for you :) let me know what you think, love to hear feedback.

:)

EDIT: sorry if that text colour is hard to read guys ;)

Edited by Pyrobelle

Hmm... I find it sort of difficult to discover what will be your play style. Having ranged + magic basically gives you 2 types of attacks. I suppose you'll be using pistols + shield a lot (djalek's annihilator and pulsar), provided you can find them. I'm a bit worried, since you'll have some hard time equipping your character unless you level up a trader that will parallel the level you your HE.

As for the Combat Arts and mods, no problem there ;) I really like your decisions. I also prefer the demon to lower CA 's regen time. He also provides a certain distraction. I always thought that the more spells you can cast with the HE, the better your odds are in winning any encounter.

Maybe it's just me, but instead of ranged + tactics I would take either enhanced perception + bargaining (this will ensure I have the equipment I need all the time and will make her self-sufficient) OR another spell tree + focus to ensure a second type of attack. When I level up a HE I rarely swing/shoot because I usually keep my regen time for the fireball at 2 secs (max), blazing at 3 max, and shower at 5 (max).

To sum it up, the only thing is that I'm a bit worried about your build is the equipment. Hopefully the high survival bonus will ensure a lot of rare/set/unique items to fit your character.

Edited by Dobri

as far as efficiency goes that build is not the most efficient. You could have greatly lowered your pyrospells regen times with grand invigoration, which is in my books a must for every wannabe wizard out there.

and I don't see the point of having ranged weapons at all when well modded blazing tempest kills everything in your screen much faster than any ranged weapon you might have. (Damage over time works wonders in this game, as no critter can "resist" it, few are immune I think).

oh well if you happen to like the concept of ranged mage, then more power to you ;)

I think having fun while playing this game is the most important criteria for any build out there, so if you're having fun no need to change anything!

thanks for the feedback guys.

I know that this is no uber do as much damage as possible type build, however it is fun to play and I do indeed like the idea of a ranger/mage type hunter.

the thing I like the most is if I just want to kill singular creeps I can snipe them with a bow but at the same time I can still take out hoards of orcs with BT and kill bosses quite easily with IS.

also, I wanted to experiment with the "Damage Lore" aspect of the game as it did and still does confuse me a little.

if any one could shed some light on this for me that would be great.

im already lighting most my enemies on fire, if I get a high chance to say poisen them aswell will this damage stack?

sacreds game engine is quite complex and I still have alot of questions I need answered, hence this thread ;)

thks again.

ok trying to re-think this build. what abouuuut.

-Concentration

-Pyro Lore

-Pyro Focus

-Ancient Magic

-Delphic Focus

-Tactics Lore

-Ranged Weapons

-Armor Lore

-Constitution

-something else :)

take delphic focus to get more HP regen from GI then take another skill to . . . ?

any suggestions ?

Shield lore, Combat discipline or Bargaining.

Shield lore will allow you to get more defense, which is crucial for a HE. Combat Discipline will improve the damage and will shorten the regen times. And bargaining will give you an option to buy stuff when your equip gets behind you level :o

Pick one and go :)

Looks like a pretty nice build you have there Pyrobelle :o

Only thing I'm curious about is the effectiveness of your ranged abilities. Compared to the ammount of power you could gain by choosing some different skills

What I do know is that:

Ancient Magic is beautyfull to have when it's passed level 75.

Shield lore for the amazing defence, and the Block capabilities when reached level 75

And I'm wondering... Have you tried Combat Discipline yet? :)

But I'm really curious to see how your ranged tacs are working out, because it sure sounds alot more fun than a pure HE :)

So if you'd be able to post a vid of your build I'd be very, very thankfull ^^

Keep up the good work there

ill record some game play for you in abit . . .

its quite fun, I HAVE tried combat disc, as per my original build (as she is atm) im just thinking of a more HC playable build (as in one that will tank hits abit better.)

:4rofl:

Edited by Pyrobelle

was just taking some game footage and the game crashed . . . FECAL MATTER!

try again.

ok here you go, gold difficulty killin some rats and skeletons,

not the best use of the ranged skill ever but it shows you how powerful Blazing Tempest can get. I use my ranged weapon to take out single tagets every now and then.

http://www.xfire.com/video/72e5a/

72e5a-4.jpg

Edited by Pyrobelle
  • 1 month later...

Hey there! I'm new to the forum but I can tell I'm gonna fit right in! :) I have a similar level 40+ Pyroelf like u but I got bored! Yup! BORED! Why? Cuz the mobz and even champions die before they cand reach me, just like in your video there, and I kinda need some more action than that... Oh! Forgot to mention that all champs and any leftovers are completely wiped out by my Incendiary Shower! In a few seconds every mob is no more... again... boring! I noticed u use the demon? Personally I find it anoying. Good job building your Elf!