The self-sufficient High Elf - it's all about performance!

Welcome to FDM Maxbrickem. To help you with your questions.

1. level 9 IS on a 41lv HE is way way to low thats why you are not killing with 1 shots

2. Regen time going up when you are on a mount is not a bug its upsolutly normal even when you use a Pyro mount in your case. So dont worry about it plan your builds regen time with that in mind.

ahhh ok thanks. I can pretty much eat as many incandescent skin / invigorating runes to reduce regen times right?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, be careful with them. Invigoration is a must and you can eat a ton of runes and still be fine. As for Skin, eat carefully. Eat like 2-3. See how it affects the regen times. If they increase, stop. If they decrease, eat more. Skin CA levels are sorta dodgy, so eat carefully :)

Well, be careful with them. Invigoration is a must and you can eat a ton of runes and still be fine. As for Skin, eat carefully. Eat like 2-3. See how it affects the regen times. If they increase, stop. If they decrease, eat more. Skin CA levels are sorta dodgy, so eat carefully :)

Thanks for the welcome ! I am enjoying these forums..they are very informative.

Dobri was wondering, do you stick to the 2-3-5 second regen times for your skills? b/c it seems like even at 2.4 seconds I have to wait for regen

for IS to cast again, I feel like I can get more dmg off if I can continually spam it with no downtime-

also one more thing, what level is your arrant pyro HE and what CA level is IS and what is the regen time/dmg of it? thanks! I really appreciate the info

p.s. even though my question about my mount increasing regen times was answered im still wondering why that is?

on my SW his regen times for frenzied rampage goes down when I ride the mount b/c of the -33.5% to malevolent aspect...

but on my HE (-33.5% regen time for arrant pyro) the regen times for both BT and IS go up .3-.4 seconds when I mount it! it makes noooo sense to me at all...

some insight would be nice thanks in advance!!

b/c it seems like even at 2.4 seconds I have to wait for regen

for IS to cast again, I feel like I can get more dmg off if I can continually spam it with no downtime-

-> The casting speed is a big factor here. If you can get it high enough, it's alright to spam the Combat Arts. However, if the casting animation is 1s, there isn't much merit in going below 1s regen time, because it won't matter. And besides, that 2-3-5 is a basic idea, because when you stock up on + all skills and high level Combat Arts the regen times will be more like: fireball under 1s, tempest 2s max, shower 2.3s max.

also one more thing, what level is your arrant pyro HE and what CA level is IS and what is the regen time/dmg of it?

-> My SP pyro is level 72, with 2.2 regen time on shower and 13x a little over 8000 damage from IShower. The CA... About level 70. That's all because I like to play with + all skills and I think I'm about +140 all skills already. I'm lazy and I don't want to check right now... It's 5AM :)

even though my question about my mount increasing regen times was answered im still wondering why that is?

-> Because the mount burdens your OVERALL (meaning all regen times, all aspects, INCLUDING PYRO) regen times by a certain value. If that value is ABOVE the value you get as a regen time reduction, you regen times will INCREASE. So let's say your mount burdens your regen times with +65% and in the same time reduces them by 33.5%. I'm not sure what the game mechanics are and which value is taken first, but your regen times will increase by at least 30%. That's the deal about having a mount and not using riding. I strongly suggest that you get as much Run Speed set gear, socket in some + all skills/run speed stuff and use it like that. My SP pyro HE has over 140% run speed - and my HC Closednet SW has about 142% run speed. Why would I need a mount? :)

but on my HE (-33.5% regen time for arrant pyro) the regen times for both BT and IS go up .3-.4 seconds when I mount it! it makes noooo sense to me at all...

-> It makes much sense. Having a mount comes at a price. As I said, that price is the overall increase in CA regen times. Always compare the 2 values (overall increase and innate mount decrease) of the regeneration times and decide whether it's wise to use a mount right now. It's simple mathematics :)

Edited by Dobri

Oh ok thanks man, I guess I didn't notice the overall +regen times for ALL aspects-

thought it was just +regen time for everything other than Arrant pyro - makes sense now

ok cool well I will just keep going then --leveling and getting those +all skills and run speed upgrades

thx for takin the time to reply to a HE noobie even at 5 am! haha..seeya

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide! I'm a new player and have used this guide to very good effect so far. My main reason for following it was that there seemed to be so much in this game that was unexplained, and the self-sufficient High Elf build has really helped me learn the game and wrap my mind around some of the concepts and mechanics. I just hit level 35 and the guide suggests paying attention to Constitution at this point. My problem is that I need 5 points in one of the related skills in order to choose it. My question is should I just pump a quick 4 into Armor Lore in order to meet that requirement? Or should I investigate Spell Reistance? I've chosen gear, etc. that has kept my regen times lowish on the pyro arts, so I've not needed to add points to Armore Lore. It's only got the one original point (I think) plus what's gotten added through leveling. Anyone have any thoughts on what would be best? Thanks! :)

Armor lore will do it :) Alterwards it's shield lore at level 60.

Thanksmuch for the reply! I appreciate it. And thanks again for this great build. It's been quite a learning tool. :)

-> It makes much sense. Having a mount comes at a price. As I said, that price is the overall increase in CA regen times. Always compare the 2 values (overall increase and innate mount decrease) of the regeneration times and decide whether it's wise to use a mount right now. It's simple mathematics :)

One other thing to consider. The mount gives a very helpful bonus, especially if you play HardCore.

If you receive severe damage the mount will die first and your toon will survive with a tiny amount of hp.

This has saved my toon on three occasions so far. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently bought Sacred 2 for X360 and unfamiliar to the game and your guide has helped me understand a bit about the mechanics on character building for HE. It so very informative and detailed, thank you.

On your walk through, you mentioned adding points in to 'Pyro', which one Lore or Focus as the priority? I may be understanding this wrong but wiki shows pyro focus as being a primary and pyro lore as secondary but your guide mentions taking pyro lore at level 2?

Thanks.

IF you are to focus primarily in pyro, then both are important. There is no primary, no secondary. Both should be kept at char level for best efect, even through the diminishing returns.

IF you are to focus primarily in pyro, then both are important. There is no primary, no secondary. Both should be kept at char level for best efect, even through the diminishing returns.

Thank you so much for this walk through guide! The build is amazing, I gone and aggro alot of mobs and spam blazing tempest while experience pot is active and experience gear at 40% (still shop hopping for better gear), leveling is awesome and loot drop is great to pay for merchant gear. You weren't kidding about being self sufficient for this build. I have bargaining at at 2-4 level above my char level (including relics bonus)and finding gear is easier. I'm putting together a trader suit to get better items.

kudos to you for helping newbies with this starter's guide. Only one death so far and due to my forgetfulness for not buffing up first before porting, lesson learned, lol. :)

Keep up the good work and if you can post with an progression update on this build at higher levels and difficulty would be great. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have followed this build now till lv 40 and I am really happy that I found this page :drinks: and I have to ask that how much skillpoints should I take to enchanted perception? my skills are these now: (all in hard points)

26 - barging whit+skills 37

4 - EP 27 whit + skills

tnx if anyone reply fast :drinks:

Hi Dobri,

I've got a question concerning "Combat Discipline". Does the damage combat discipline grants simply add up to the minimum and maximum damage Blazing Tempest already inflicts? Is the burning duration affected?

Or should I just put a single point in CD to benefit from the -10% regeneration time?

Edited by Melina
Unless you can come in single player, or make a closed net multiplayer char which you can use online later, I doubt that will be possible :) However, it's pretty easy to shop it. Start off easy, with as much bargaining points as you can spare, add relics. Then start shopping for equip that adds + bargaining, + general skills or + all skills. The result will be pleasing for you, I believe :)

However, right now I'm trying to do a niobium rush in SP (should be pretty much the same with MP, with the bonus that you can just go ahead and hunt like crazy without having to do the campaign) and + %XP doesn't work well, but +allskills rocks. I'd have to say aim for that one...

Otherwise, as for how can you get that much xp - shop a lot of rings and amulets and try to find some items with enhanced perc mod that adds xp AND have silver or better sockets. Start socketing the rings and amulets with +XP per kill that you manage to shop. That's the big deal ;)

BTW, as soon as this build proves viable in SP, I will be pretty much willing to test it out online :)

Hello Dobri! :o

I'm a little new to the site and game and was wondering about eating runes to power up my spells (B.Temp, Fireball etc). Now I just found out not long ago that a SW gets most of his dps from Tactics Lore and keeps his main dps spells at level 1 per say but eats runes for his buffs. So in short his tactics might be at level 50 and his Demonic Blow at level 1 but the cooldown for the spell is real short so spam away. I'm wondering where this fills in for the HighElf. I notice you say the 2sec, 3sec & 5sec rule for regen/cooldown times. So what skill is taking place of that Tactics lore ? Ancient Magic ? .... If I eat runes like crazy for B.Temp how will I have a 3sec cooldown ? Just a little confused on how many runes I should eat for my HE spells if any. I'm sure eating runes for buffs wouldn't be no biggie but for the spells... Another thing with the SW is that Tactics gives mod points for 2 of his Combat Arts. Does Ancient Magic do this for HE when we get this skill or does ALL of our mod points come from skilling up our PyroLore/Focus ? Any feedback would be great! Thx much & Take care

Edited by Monst3r

for this build is it a must to have the fire demon and do you have any suggestions on weapons cause im thinking maybe using a mage staff called keeper of knowledge is there anything better that will bring up my intelligence and give me plus to CAs oh and if you play xbox join me sometime tag is same as name

Edited by MASTERMUNE99

@Melina

CD benefits the spellcasters the most because spell Combat Arts tend to have significantly higher damage and the bonuses the the CA damage is fixed (even on level 1 it's +7.4%). In our case it's not just reduction in regeneration times.

@monst3r

Ancient magic indeed acts like tactics lore, but with the difference that it only improves the damage.

@mastermune99

Fire demon is also a way to boost damage and regen time of the spells. Generally, fire demon itself does not inflict that much damage - nothing 3-4 Blazing tempests with 1.5s regen time can't handle.

Thanks for the answer:

Q2: I'm not sure if you chose the best way to mod incandescent skin. You picked inferno over combusting arrows, energy focus over revenge and a lowered regeneration time over >50% fire damage. Would you still recommend this?

Edited by Melina

I would always recommend this. I know there are different play styles, but my own play style is based on as much reduction in regeneration time as possible. You are absolutely free to change it. Besides, that fire damage, if I recall correctly, applies to the fire damage produced by Incandescent skin, not to your other pyro CAs. Revenge reflects close combat damage and this type of HE doesn't plan on getting hit often in order to need reflect.

• 2 weeks later...

I run this build with my High elf and to anwser some questions, u dont need fire demon its a drawback. mesmerize as many grand invrogation ruins and incandesnt skin as possible. mod incandesnt skin first then fireballs last. u wont regert it. ive also mesmerzied 10 ruins in each aspect all my Combat Arts are under 5 second regen times. so yea. keep you're arrant pyro lore and foucs you're LEVEL and grand invrogation mesmerize a crap load of em.

The demon is not a setback at very high levels. He's supposed to be modded last, anyway :) I would not presume to use it before I have gotten the last mod on it, which happens between level 100-105.

• 4 weeks later...

This build is great!

Ive just hit 52, im running around with +58 all skills, and ive just entered platinium! This girl violates everything in her path!

Im running 2s CD on my fireball, 1.8s CD on my shower so I can stunlock bosses basicly, and then my blazing at 3-5s :D

You're doing great.

After you hit 55, you can start working on reducing the regen times. By level 65-70, you can easily switch to the 1-2-3s option - 1s fireball (you can get it even lower), 2s tempest, 3s shower. That's what I'm doing with this build right now in the hardcore ladder. Right now at level 53 I have 0.8s fireball (CA level 16 + 2 from bonuses), 1.5s tempest (level 14 + 2 from bonuses) and 1.7s shower (level 16 + 2 from bonuses), backed up by my niob blacksmith (+550% damage, +280% armor, +29 all skills) and even with 7 people on the server, she rocks with her 3000+ damage per meteor from Incendiary Shower. I did swap enhanced perception for CD though, although I didn't put any hard points in it yet. It appeared to be a good choice, because when you go boss farming, set items and uniques will drop anyway. It will be slower, but they will drop :D

Undoubtedly, it can be much better. However, the basic idea of the self-sufficient build is to sacrifice a little power to ensure that the char can go on by herself. Still, she can use some help from a good smith, but even if you don't have one, you don't lose that much :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dobri,

I had to create an account to thank you for your guides. When I picked up this game I had no idea what I was doing. I had never played Sacred... I had never even played Diablo! Yet, now, I feel confident enough going forward with your High Elf build. Your guides are well written and extremely informative, and you answer the questions put towards you. You are a credit to the Sacred community!

Now I need to stick around here and figure out how I can be useful :)