Sacred 2 - Item Drop Mechanics

• 4 months later...

Has anyone else noticed that set item drops seem to be very streaky?

Doing orc cave runs for instance, I might find three pieces of Endijian's, one Revelation and a Inquisitor piece within 15 minutes. The next time I start up the game, I will find nothing good in the cave for two hours.

I realize the nature of random numbers can lead to this sort of result, but I have to wonder whether there's not an additional factor on drops. Level? Current time? Some luck factor initialized at the start of play?

[/quote/]

now that I think about it you are absolutley right, sometimes I will get a 3* within minutes of starting the game, other times it takes 20 minutes to get a 3* drop. Perhaps there is another variable that is determined when you start a game:) :)

• 3 months later...

Everytime you get a drop you have about a 8/1000 chance of a set or unique. So, randomly, there will be stretches where you get great drops, and sometimes big vacuums where nothing good drops.

That is why soldats was doing tests where there 100s of drops--and drops with the bosses who have the highest chance of good drops--plus multiple drops/kill.

I would be very interested in what others who play in Niob (or even Plat) get from boss runs.

To add one little bit: I've received a set item as a drop from a chest. I've also found an unique from a chest (in Khorum, right outside the merchant downhill from the portal). So. Even chests can set drop for you...and unique drop for you (though it sure is less exciting than risking your toon's life fighting opponents).

I'm curious to know if these findings can be applied to the console versions of Sacred 2. Has anyone checked?

the basic engine and code should be the same I would imagine. there may be some differences in balancing but otherwise I bet this holds pretty close for Console as well

Loco, I have a question for ya because you were a fellow console player. Do you find that you are finding a lot more legendaries and uniques on PC than you did on console? I'm asking because during the three days that I've played the PC version, I seem to be finding them left and right although character levels are 10 and 26 with just .3% and 2% chance to find valuables respectively. I think that as you said the balancing might be a bit off because the consoles are running on an earlier version of the game.

Loco, I have a question for ya because you were a fellow console player. Do you find that you are finding a lot more legendaries and uniques on PC than you did on console? I'm asking because during the three days that I've played the PC version, I seem to be finding them left and right although character levels are 10 and 26 with just .3% and 2% chance to find valuables respectively. I think that as you said the balancing might be a bit off because the consoles are running on an earlier version of the game.

I had no problem finding 3 star items on Console, but never a legendary(other than class quest reward) in over 1000 hours of character building. (I never really farmed for any, just ran the main quest over and over until I finished Niob)

On PC I have found 1 Legendary when playing in party with Schot against the Gar'Colosus. And I remember Furian and I commenting the first time we played the Cursed forest Quest because we were getting Sets from the Quest givers. That I don't remember ever happening on XBOX. And the PC has several new bosses like the Lords to get Sets from. Also I find myself doing more Freeplay boss hunts than before. I have found 3 Kaldur's legacy on PC. that never happened on XBOX either.

So I guess in a way, yes I think maybe it has been better, But I don't know if its because my quality of play has improved, or because the drops are really better.

One thing I remember somebody say was that the map revealed formula is messed up on console version. So Console doesn't get the chance to find valuables boost that the PC does, and maybe that makes a diff.

Cheers

loco

Everytime you get a drop you have about a 8/1000 chance of a set or unique. So, randomly, there will be stretches where you get great drops, and sometimes big vacuums where nothing good drops.

That is why soldats was doing tests where there 100s of drops--and drops with the bosses who have the highest chance of good drops--plus multiple drops/kill.

I would be very interested in what others who play in Niob (or even Plat) get from boss runs.

To add one little bit: I've received a set item as a drop from a chest. I've also found an unique from a chest (in Khorum, right outside the merchant downhill from the portal). So. Even chests can set drop for you...and unique drop for you (though it sure is less exciting than risking your toon's life fighting opponents).

as still a fairly new player my luck seems to be in all the random things in the world. Even silly side quests gave me set and legendary items. But killing that big bad monster that almost had me will drop blues :s

as still a fairly new player my luck seems to be in all the random things in the world. Even silly side quests gave me set and legendary items. But killing that big bad monster that almost had me will drop blues :s

Lady luck is fickle...or is she? I also have noticed this occurance. I complete all side quests in a given area. Recieve many set/unique drops. Move forward to slaughter the Guardians, in the end, come out empty handed.

But, this also can become warped to a point. As I have farmed Guardians for such items and find many at times. Complete many sidequests in a region and recieve experience/gold.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this madness. Or is there?

I remain, Etherian

It may seem like the bosses's drops are disappointing compared to what you get from the mobs... however, you're likely only looking at the items you kept... not the items you sold right away or didn't even bother to pick up.

We kill about 100x as many trash monsters as we do bosses (takes a while to wade through the masses to reach more than one boss in a session). So. 100x time base chance.... compared to 5x drops from one boss (who has a higher chance--but still a slim one of a 'great' drop).

Hands down, unless you farm just one boss/game session (and restart) you'll be get many more drop chances from lesser opponents... which means more of your drops will come from them...

Cheers all! :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This post is long overdue, but I'd also like to support soldats' findings with my own (however anecdotal). For a long time I had Sacred 2 chronic restarter syndrome, which meant that I would play a character up until around level 40+, decide that the character didn't meet my expectations for whatever reason, then start over again. I made dozens of SWs this way and all of them were Astral Lord builds (favorite class and playstyle, sue me). Since I do take the time to move any noteworthy finds to the hero chest before before deleting these characters, at some point I noticed that I had at least twice as much Lucretis pieces stored in the hero chest as all the other SW pieces I had combined. Go figure.

Another possible noteworthy thing, my characters (all my SW Astral Lords) are a magnet for Tinwora's Curse drops. My friends (the ones who play casters, anyway) have all but professed undying loyalty to me because I would almost always have a spare Tinwora to give them. I am not sure why this is (and is one of the reasons why I stumbled across this thread in the first place, along with how I seem to be getting Lucretis pieces more than any other set). My theory was that it had something to do with my favorite damage type/combat arts - something that the OP also seemed to suspect. All my characters who seem blessed with Tinwora drops use Skeletal Fortification extensively, usually with the Focus/Arcane Power/Perforate mods. Their main attack was Spectral Hand, and one of the very first things I would do after getting my hands on a solid one-hand weapon was to forge a Magic Pearl in there (for the weakness effect). Of the dozens of SWs I've made around more than a quarter or so have independently gotten their own Tinwora's Curse drop by early Silver.

Edit:

Btw, I play the PS3 version of Sacred 2.

Edited by Tyr