Melee Inspired High Elf Build

REASONING:

Why make a Melee High Elf? well the reason is that it's to borring going the Basic way with spell throwing here and thier and all players bassicly look the same and using same Combat Arts items, nd were is the fun in that :thumbsup: nowere..... so im pruod to present you this wicked Alternative, so be afraid Magic He's here she is Le Coup de Grace the Melee Mayham

BUILD:

Attributes:

go 50/50 on vit and str once you get 2 atti points

Skill

Level 2 - Delphic Arcania Lore 75

Level 3 - Armor Lore 75

Level 5 - Delphic Arcania Focus 75

Level 8 - Concentration 1

Level 12 - Mystic Stormite Focus 75

Level 18 - Sword Weapons 75

Level 25 - Tactic Lore75

Level 35 - Constitution 75

Level 50 - Shield Lore 75

Level 65 - Combat Discipline 75 / Bargain 75 ( your chioce ) - im gonna go for bargain because did some testing with cd for melee and think bargain is better end the long run

left over points if thier are any u can use however u seem to fit your build the best

Equipment:

Armor

Rope of Innocence

Pantaloons of Innocence

Celdrahil's Visage

Celdrahil's Wrath

Celdrahil's Claw

Sleews of the Forgotten

Boots of Remembrance

Shield

Eternal Blocker

Weapon

Ice Flash

Rings/Amu's

mainly + skill

Combat Arts:

Delphic Arcania Aspects

Magic Coup - Target Focus - Steal Mana - stray damage

Shadow Step - Phase SHift - Sanctuary - Explosion

Expulse Magic - Expansion - Pentagram - Protection

Grand Invigoration - Mystic Stormite Expertise - Life Energy - Resilence

Mystic Stormite Aspects

Crystal Skin - Glacial Mirror - Feel Cold - Frosty Breez

Cascading Shroud - Faint - Inconspiciuse - Steam

Choice in Skills

The skills that I have taken is to make here efficient in the Basic Melee Aspects because that was this build is intended for, as to make her survivability high.

Choice in Combat Arts & Mods

why have I choosen these Combat Arts and the mods with em? because these Combat Arts are the best way to amke your Coup He survive each ca has been specificly moded towards a goal to make the Melee He strong in certains situations. and yes some would probally ask why not the damage mods on Expulse? because tahts not how she is instended, she is intended to do hard damage and block magic atks/Combat Arts and refelct em bac ot user, at the same time she is spamming MC.

Mods & Weapon

The two Mods Feel Cold & Frosty Breez from Crystal Skin are vital for this build because the only atk weapon u need is Ice Flash and why only Ice Flash? It's Because that

Ice Flash is the only Sword Weapon that has the most inbuild ice damage of them all, and it's the only weapon that increases damage when Crystal Skin with Frosty Breez mod gains in level. and as for Lord Wayns Playerkiller Sword it's only used duo to it's +ca bonus. and you use the advantage of Lord Wayns Playerkiller to boost Both GI for for HP regen and CS for more Phy defence and damage output.

Note:

Frosty Breez mod will not work if you socket Ice Crystals into a regular weapon to convert some damage into X% Ice damage, because your weapon must have inbuild ice damage from the start

Combos

you only need one combo for this build and thats Shadow STep + Magic Coup The pair up nicely.

Speciale thx to Stick for the skill setup :drunkards:

Edited by Epox

I TOTALLY AGREE . . . with the opening statement that is.

its no fun makin' pure magic throwing HE's they just get boring.

look like a **** load of fun times to be had with this build. definatly going to try make me one of these. you still online epox :drunkards:

ok just got back from epox's and I "introduction to boss spanking" 101

this build is just that, a boss/champion SPANKING machine.

epox's level 65 HE took on the garganthrapod who was level 70. spammed expulse magic afew times then landed about 4-5 quick hits and that was it.

*SPANK*

try this build out if you like the HE and want some thing different.

PS. epox, you might have to get me another mount, lol. had my first alt-F4 experience when I walked into the brigand camp and they were all your level. . . .

eeeep.

not fair tho Sacred 2, all the kobold's along the way were level'd to me :)

ok now that im not on the edge of my seat im just going to check if Tinkerbelle made it.

:)

EDIT: Tink is still with us. heres a screen of the master and the apprentice.

003.jpg

Edited by Pyrobelle

TINKERBELLE DIED TODAY. in a freakish supernatural over level'd kobold accident.

up until my level 9 coup took on the level 39 kobold champion tho everthing was super.

im so sry tho epox, all that good low level gear is now 6ft under aswell. I owe you for that, really sorry.

Nice guide Epox. I love hybrids, and it looks like you've got another winner with this one. I've been stuck on dryads lately, and now I'm working with a TG Area of Effect (I hope :()...but your build sounds compelling. Just being able to close in on and stuff and also being competent with ranged means no boredom.

And...got any pix for us?

gogo

will come one soon hehe game is up again at least some of the eu servers are come join me in an IT server

Hi Epox!! I decided to make the application. I'll try to follow your nice guide....until my mad head suggests to try somethign new!!

• 1 month later...

updated guide Skill, shield, weapon department

Pics will come soon.

Video maybe don't know how to make one :whistle:

Edited by Epox

she is level 55½ pure damage and crit and use rings with + skills and amus same thing later on I go 2 rings with skills 1 amu and 2 with cas and 1 amu with ca hopefull with deathblow in it

seems like sif likes here 17xx views thier ^^

Edited by Epox

Mebbe a little off topic here, but I also don't want a pure caster HE, but I've been thinking of assigning the Magic Staffs skill rather than Sword Weapons. I've not been able to play much and hence don't know if magic staffs compare well enough with swords if used as melee weapons ? Or are magic staffs purely ranged weapons ? If not, are there single handed staffs that could be equipped with a shield like the Battlemage in S1 ?

yes u can equip some staff for singel hand plus shield just rember for most effectivness find one with inbuild fire with fire melee he or inbuild ice for ice based melee he but I would say sword and board + str is the strongest way

she is level 55½ pure damage and crit and use rings with + skills and amus same thing later on I go 2 rings with skills 1 amu and 2 with cas and 1 amu with ca hopefull with deathblow in it

seems like sif likes here 17xx views thier ^^

Interesting...is that what you're socketing to increase her damage? Have you considered smith arts with +% damage? I ask because I'm looking for options for my dryad who's using a bit of magic... always wanting to know what casters are socketing.

:P

gogo

yea im socketing niob smith arts with damage and atk increase and some smith arts with crit s0 I got a +1.xxx% atk bonus

yes because its still giv ya the crit factor and I have it and its good choice since I use coup only as a mob slayer and use left hand clicks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

maily in the start between the to delphy to get gi and coup maxed out fast as possible and keep em both maxed the rest is kinda up to the player

• 3 weeks later...

Just need to know for my personal info.

You say built in ice dmg on the sword to work with frosty breez. Would frosty brees work with a sword if I were to put a +%dmg to ice RING in a silver or gold socket and then ice crystal in the grey?

Im guessing this wont work...

If so I would like to know ;)

no it won't work the sword it self has to have ice damage in it from the begining, so go look for a sword like ice Flash and such and then the damage will increase :)

I see now. The long bar has to have the ice color in it. Just curious how rare are built in ice damage swords at merchant with mid to high bargaining?

Im playing Sacred 2 on the 360 so it maybe the same chance I guess. Ill search hard for the ice flash.

One more thing. If I were to find iceflash at lower levels is there still a chance I will find it again at higher levels?

Edited by night drow