Turtle Took My Mojo!

I can't believe it. Those dang snappers. I keep missing and missing, their shields...man, I hate their shields...they're like the hardest thing for my dryad to get a lock on...and this time...oh boy...it was like I just couldn't seem to hit him...then all of a sudden...

va whoooooOOOMMM

Red ring of death!

:P

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Champion Snappers...what's with them...did it lag up on me and a whole bunch of reflected come back at me or something?

If so, these guys are dangerous...snapper alert everyone...

run while you can!

:)

gogo

p.s. in HC Plat

Ohh... Poor gogo. Those turtles mean to you? :P

I have yet to try those turtle champions but I guess I could give it a go with a different char. When I get the time offcourse

No, thank god.

But.... that red ring of death is creepy. And it frightened me, lol. I couldn't play for about twenty minutes after...until my heart came back down.

And yeah, Put...they're mean as hell!

Why doesn't anyone seem to understand?

gogo

Yep turtle champs are mean things, I killed a few chars on them.

Then I found out their Purple ca are reflect, so basicly you can commit suicide on these mean champs.

They cost me a dryad or 2, I made crit on one of these champs and basicly 1 hit myself.

So watch yourself, safest 2 kill them before they cast it or after this purple ( or red ) aura goes away.

Edited by D-molisher

HOw does their percentage of reflect work. Does every turtle champ get a hundred percent? Or does it vary? I'm thinking it varies, because I always take these things out no sweat, until this last creepy one.

I know what I'm going to do the next time I meet one

turtle%20soup_sm.jpg

gogo

• 7 months later...

Well.

This time around with a new heavy damage Dryad, it was a lot of fun helping Schot level the clan account. We did forty levels last weekend, with him just soaking up Experience, while I did all the killing on a full server. Experience was wonderful, and we learned that Turtle Island is just amazing for not only the Experience per turtle killed with his gear on, but also for the Mentor pots they drop.

Well.

This weekend, I was thinking that it would be fun to run levels through on that island..but the flickering of the life meter from last weekend didn't go away when taking out the beasties, but instead got worse. To the point where the reflection from one of the things was so fast, I had red-lined and had to start jamming pots while my heart hit my roof.

The turtles don't reflect all the damage it seems, a hundred percent like in the old days... but with Dryad attacks going in so fast with left-click attacks and leech... I was thinking, oh my god...this is how I'm going to die. That island is especially treacherous. The turtles can hide in small shallows, cliffs and escarpments. If you punch the Darting Assault to release a barrage, sometimes you don't know where the five shots are going to land, and if a turtle is hiding behind a rock, and you manage to hit it repeatedly...

Disaster.

Well.

I was was a little morose all morning. I'd not wanted to change weapons or tactics and just wanted to spam Darting all over the island like before, but three times I got red-lined, and finally decided to change tactics. I found a sweet little ninja-star with chance to reduce reflect...and this is working wonders. I can see the health point meter flickering sometimes when I'm making an attack on a reflecting turtle... I'm not sure of the mechanic here...but it looks like only one of their "reflects" is successful...or perhaps a fewer number in succession that led to my massive loss in Health Points before?

Careful folks

:)

gogo

p.s This reflect effect only got dangerous when I got the Dryad to Platinum.

Hey gogo,

Remember what I said yesterday ;)

Against this ******** turtles, you can use Dust Devil, no reflect with that, it's not faster than DA, but it's already it.

Read 199 runes :)

Mods 1b - 2a - 3a (reduce regen time [20 sec], more time [36+ sec], more evade chances [71.1% at level 80+] and big damage on around ennemis [2k/s at lvl80])

Tactic lore increase damage

It works well for me, no reflect here ! :)

Edited by Woody

Those turtles were the only beasts I feared with my polearm elf: magic coup stray damage, polearm chance to hit extra enemies and I could hit turtles which weren't even on screen. I had a combination of expulse magic and magic coup just for this island.

Patch 2.43 lowered the damage from reflects luckily.