Sacred 2 and Hamachi works! (confirmed)

Wow, this is from SIF and posted by lenvda which has just been stickied:

Lightbulb Sacred2 and Hamachi works! (confirmed)

1. Install Sacred2, and update it to the latest version.

2. Install Hamachi, join or create a new network and have your friends do the same.

3. Add "hamachi.exe", "sacred2.exe" and "s2gs.exe" to the exception list in your firewall.

4. If you have a router, open port 7011 (default port when hosting Sacred2 multiplayer game).

5. Open Hamachi and go to "Preferences", view the status tab and click "Detailed configuration" under the "Connection" header.

6. Tick both UDP and TCP port options and fill in ports of choice (for example 50000 and 50001).

7. Open both these ports in your router, make sure you don't switch TCP and UDP ports when entering them in your router )

8. Open "Network connections" in windows xp, select the advanced tab and choose advanced settings.

9. The upper window has a list of all connections, and most probably hamachi is at the bottom.

10. Select hamachi and press the up arrow until hamachi is at the top, when done press ok and you're ready to play.

This worked for me and my friends, no lag, no disconnects, pure heaven!

Can anyone here set this up?

I need my fix!

jonesing here

;)

gogo

I 'think' I might have it working....network is named darkmatters with the dark/da password

edit: think I did something wrong ;) will try setting up new network again

Edited by Knuckles

Lenvda, yay, you're here!

And welcome to DarkMatters!

Just in the nick of time ;)

Question... can you tell me which network I choose to join up with peeps we know? Should I choose home?

:)

gogo

Edit p.s. and do all of us that want to play together all have to have the same network setting chosen?

Lenvda, yay, you're here!

And welcome to DarkMatters!

Just in the nick of time :D

Question... can you tell me which network I choose to join up with peeps we know? Should I choose home?

:0

gogo

Nah you just choose a random name or set of characters, its case sensitive btw.

You can password it if you want, then you share the network name and password with your friends.

Thanks for the warm welcome btw. :D

I haven't expierienced many bandwidth issues myself, but we play with a rather small group most of the time.

Afaik it works like regular hosting of servers, people with a static IP address and a fast connection make the best host.

www.speedtest.net might help testing connections to see who's best suited for the job.

If it works, I'm in too. I have hamachi as well (I was using it to play Disciples 2 and some other stuff with my cousin who is in germany now) and if everything's ok, I'll be joining as soon as you have everything set up.

Thanks for this great suggestion lenvda and welcome. :D

Quick question. Are you and your friend both using Win XP?

Yea, we all are using Win XP.

I'm not familiar with Vista yet, guess if someone can figure out how to give hamachi connection priority over others in vista it will work aswel.

edit : removed test network details

Edited by lenvda

Well gogo and I have connected via Hamachi interface so that's something... We're going to test out game connectivity now. If any and all could try and join us through the Hamachi console that would be great!

On the Hamachi console click the "Create or Join button"

Join an existing network

Network Name: DarkMatters (Capital D and M)

Netowrk Password: dark (all lowercase)

Once you've got a connection join us in chat. :D

Sorry to get your hopes up guys. :D

Like I said on official forums, at least it works as proof of concept.. and if you have doubts, try it out with one of your neighbours.

I hope to see you guys online on closed net sometime, where do you guys usually hang out?

We found our way through! I knew if we just stuck to it we'd find a way. :D

Me, Zinsho, Viper and Dobri were able to connect this eve. So yes it's definitely an option. A great one at that when Ascaron servers go down. :)

Currently got things working on a dedicated gameserver (And I'm not actually in it).

Hamachi Server:

Server: [D.a.r.k]

password: dark

gameserver:

server: darktest

Silver Hardcore Freeplay

down now. If needed I can always put it up tomorrow

Edited by Zinsho

Very nice work boys. It was a painful process but we pulled it off. This will be a great backup option for those days/hours when Ascaron's servers are down. :D

I actually played for a good while with a player named Viper who caught word of our attempts and joined in. Did the Kobold Chieftain quest with him. Great fellow!

I have found with previous versions of hamachi that if you have more than two network adapters in your PC ie a wireless and a wired network card it conflicts with hamachi disable the one that you are not using... also Hamachi is not stable in most lobby's of games once more than 3 people join in a game. What you should also do is when you are playing a hamachi game change your network bindings and make the hamachi logical adapter the first thing that is accessed this GREATLY improves gameplay. If you need advice on how to do this just message me.