Sacred 2 and Hamachi works! (confirmed)

Himachi worked perfectly after a little testing. I think it would be a great idea to find a dedicated host for everyone to play together until (if) they merge the servers. It sucks I can't play with you guys cause im in the U.S. :)

Schot lol.....after our game was shut down I felt compelled to seek revenge. I started a new toon just to kick the snot out of kobold chief ;) ...and I enjoyed it....a lot :D

Edited by Schot

Hmm you mean a dedicated server alltogether? I might have the resources to do this I will just need to see how much bandwidth will be used....... I will just run it on some other hardware I have available.

Let me know what you guys think of this REMEMBER I AM IN AUSTRALIA THOUGH.

I think it's worth a try Luke. By all means give it a go. I'll always prefer the Closed servers but being able to work around regional restrictions is really cool and I would certainly do it on occasion. :) How about you arrange a day for us to join in on your server Luke?

lol Viper. Just couldn't resist eh! :D

Well I just thought I would be nice and if you can give me times to maybe run a dedicated server I have no issues with doing it. I will need those times for my hours though lol I hate converting time im GMT+10 I will most likely not be playing but you guys are more than welcome to abuse my system LOL I jsut have a lot on at work over the next couple of weeks.

is there someone here who has already created a network on hamachi? if you would rather use that jsut gie me the details so I can join.

alright Schot is going to put up a post about this when he wakes up we have tested something for now and if my bandwidth test's prove not bad for me I am willing to do it I am setting stuff up for an old server I have and I have given schot remote access to it I jsut need him to test it for me when he wakes up lol. If everythign works the way I like it I will let a few other people have remote access so if something happens they can remote in and start up a server/maintain it.

If anything else is needed I will let you guys know in the post that schot makes in the morning

Awh Viper. I'm swamped with work for a while. I did try to get people going with the Hamachi thing on the SIF. Did you try rallying people there? You might have a hard time gathering the darkies here since most are in the EU servers and probably playing. :/

Bump this up and try to get folks goin Viper. :devil:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...1181#post531181

• 1 month later...

Bit of a heads up on this guys. If you had set up Hamachi like I had then you may have been having net probs... Like I had. I just resolved a net issue I had been having for weeks now which was a result of one of the steps in setting up Hamachi.

From the first post in this topic:

8. Open "Network connections" in windows xp, select the advanced tab and choose advanced settings.

9. The upper window has a list of all connections, and most probably hamachi is at the bottom.

10. Select hamachi and press the up arrow until hamachi is at the top, when done press ok and you're ready to play.

You may want to revert that change if you're not using Hamachi. I just did and immediately resolved the numerous net issues I had been having. In my case I have 3 different Network Connections and my main "Local Area Connection" was at the bottom of the priority list. It probably should have been moved to 2nd priority but I had no idea at the time that it would make a difference. Doh... I just moved it up to top priority and now everything is ok.

Cheers. :)

Schot, or you can just 'disable' the hamachi connection (at least it seems to me that's what I did), and it should resolve some issues, since it's no longer active. When you boot up hamachi you'll just have enable it again.

Actually that didn't work but I did try, haha. The Hamachi connection has been off for several days now but immediately after I re-prioritized my problems were resolved. My most visible issue was that for some reason maps hosted at MapLib.net would not load at all yet they would on a different pc here at home. Once I made the adjustments I was able to load them. Weird... Maybe the fact that the main Connection was below two other connections that were disabled.

• 2 months later...

my question is if you dont have the latest version of sacred 2, can it still work? if we both have the same version.

Edited by ekorren

I would say yes, although without testing it there's no way to confirm this. Since you'll have the same version and you're playing in LAN there's no reason not to, you're not connecting to the open/closed net servers to test patch version.

• 4 weeks later...

Aloha to all....I'm new in darkmatters and glad to be here. I'm trying to play sacred 2 with my cousin through hamachi but we can't see each other,althought hamachi works properly. 2 days now we search the entire internet (matter of speach :mafia: ) trying to figure out why.I read gogoblender's post but we still couldn't do it....

any help plz....ask anything that could help you solve the problem

is it possible that we have any problems with the ports of rooter?I mean,is it possible that we have to do anything else in the rooter?we have already played a couple of games through hamachi...

• 8 months later...

Heya steinerrr. We haven't needed to use Himachi in a long time so I couldn't say if there are any existing servers. As for the version of the game, most of us are playing Ice & Blood 2.65.1 or 2.65.2.

Heya steinerrr. We haven't needed to use Himachi in a long time so I couldn't say if there are any existing servers. As for the version of the game, most of us are playing Ice & Blood 2.65.1 or 2.65.2.

Heya Schot, that's great, I've got 2.65.1.

I really wish to play with a few folks on a softcore with a low ping.

I've tried closed.net before but abandoned it quickly because the lag with Europe was insane.

When I realised there was no chance for a fun pvp session there I was sticking to single player only, but it ends up boring eventually.

So, if anyone is still up for a game I would welcome an opportunity.

Heya Schot, that's great, I've got 2.65.1.

I really wish to play with a few folks on a softcore with a low ping.

I've tried closed.net before but abandoned it quickly because the lag with Europe was insane.

When I realised there was no chance for a fun pvp session there I was sticking to single player only, but it ends up boring eventually.

So, if anyone is still up for a game I would welcome an opportunity.

Sent yourself a PM as we two players are based here in New Zealand.

grhmpf... :4rofl:

Spunky and me wanted to try pvp...

First, open-net seemed to don't work.

Then, we tried Hamachi.

... And we got nothing better. :D

I think it's the fault of my windows 7...

Any idea, anybody ? :(