The Friday thread

1.) I've always been curious about what YOU usually do on a friday day/night?

And on another note, instead of making two threads...

2.) What would be YOUR perfect friday?

Edited by Putrescine

1. I'm at home about 5 - 6 p.m. Depends on my mood, I usually turn on pc or read something or draw - after the dinah :D Or quite often I go for a walk, but not during the winter... I hate snow. (yes, during the summer I'll say things like "I'd like to see some snow"). Quite boring, isn't it?

2. Hmmm. Perfect Friday? :( I like this question...

I'd love to go for a concert... or two :D

friday, drop youngest and todd off at daycare and work. then I go to work... *blah*

Then repeat in reverse to pick everyone up. Get home about 5pm

Then mad dash to clean house and make dinner before company comes over for game night.

6:30-9pm , role playing and no tv except for the youngest who since he cant read cant play...

Then get online for some facebook/guildwars playtime *g*

Best friday would be no work, no kids and maybe no todd for a few hours and I get to use the bathroom for a BATH in peace and quiet .... then guild wars for a few hours... the RPG in the evening with a maid/cook to do the cleaning and cooking... *g*

I'm still waiting for that dream to become reality.... I think I might have to wait til the kids move out to have it... (using the bathroom in peace and quiet)

My normal friday is usually like this:

I get off from school. and I buy a crate of beer (24 beers)

I consume like 14 of them. and then I go to where I'm susposed to be... only to find that the local police got there first (typical eh?)

my perfect friday: a body without the need of anything but Sacred 2 :devil:

Get home from work and breath a sigh of relief--it's friday after all. Wait for a few moments until the kids realize that I'm home and come running and screaming "Daddy Daddy Daddy!"

Five minutes later everyone is fighting and my son is asking if he can eat his fifth sandwich.

The rest is a blur.

ROFL @ Sil

Atm, Friday is sorta "the day after" for me, a day of relaxing, doing some shopping/groceries. And, as every Friday, I have to go to the supermarket I work at, at 19:30 or 18:00. And the Friday is a baaad day to work... It can last until 22.15/22.30 when everything is done.

Perfect Friday: the relaxing+shopping/groceries is OK, to have the evening off and go out for a movie would be perfect for the evening. Or spend the evening at one of my mates' house, with the appropriate amount of beer ofc *grins*.

Ahhh, friday. They're important days for me, and I often find them quite stressful ;) It's a strange day that's part weekend, and part weekday. I almost always have to make myself do something great and wonderful during the evening, or else I just end up playing games as soon as I get home, and find that the entire evening has raced by, leaving me on Saturday with even more stress in my head :P

I usually hang at friend's houses, we eat, drink some (okay maybe a bit more than some) then slowly wind my way home taking the last metro if available, or even walking along the highway (ho decarie! :P) till I get to my exit and then settling into bed.

Last night though after getting the day off, I actually did some work at home, and watched all thhe bourne movies. Was dif and pleasant. I haven't really settled into watch movies for a while, and the contrast was fun.

:)

gogo

Since my daughter I've very rarely gone out (Thursday is our dinner out night and Sunday is movie day) Typically I'll leave work early, around noon, as lately I have over 50 hours before Friday even begins. Then the kiddo gets home and she calls all of her friends to figure out who is sleeping over who's house (weekly ritual). But either way I'll be playing Sacred.

My perfect Friday? Hmmm..Not working, sleeping in,,playing Sacred all day with a mini-fridge and bathroom within 4 feet and a snack machine right next to that ;) (and no phone calls)

• 1 month later...

I hate fridays! Fridays are my mondays in terms of work week. So I sleep till absolutly have to get up for work, drag my happy butt there and work till 2200. wen I finaly get home, I hit up the computer and stay attactched till about 400 in the morning.

Hmmmm my perfect friday. NO WORK! :(

Friday, friday, friday. My favorite day. I go to work in the morniing. Friday morning (9:00 a.m.) is when the District Judges hear most of their cases, so I am frequently in Court for an arraignment, sentencing, plea, etc. The last few months have been especially busy on Fridays with all of my Nigerian Bank Fraud defendants. :) After Court I try to finish up anything left over from earlier in the week so that when I leave I don't have anything hanging over my head all weekend. If I do not have Court Friday morning, then it is casual day. Woot!

I try to always leave by 5:00 (or earlier!) on Fridays, pick my son up from Day Care (meeting my wife there) and head home. Make a quick dinner, clear up a bit, get Kevin to bed, and then it is game night! We have three friends over and play RPGs or board games from 7:00 to 10/11 or so.

ATM, my perfect Friday is off from work, noone around so that I can get some work done on the house without interruption. :cow_white:

- Ike