Utility Temple Guardian Build

I have this build to level 31 at the moment and changed out blacksmith and sword/hafted lore for both source warden skills as I don't se any need for those two. I have a few questions.

1. Does RpH work with Deathly Spears? I think it might because it's in a melee aspect but I'm not too sure.

2. should I pupm the hell out of my 2 buffs? (T-energy and Battle Aura)

On PC RPH does not work with Deathly Spears(Ice and Blood), but I believe it does on console.

Pump your buffs as high as you can as the benefits by doing it is huge.

I boosted both my buffs with 200 runes by char level 50 and got regen penalties at 80% and 120%, those regen penalties may seem high but with some RPH equipped my Combat Art's was ready for use almost instantly.

Edited by Spunky
  • 2 weeks later...

Not that I've tried this yet with a Temple Guardian, but I've had a lot of success when using items that give +% Chance to Halve Regeneration Time on my HE build. Given that it works on everything (both weapon-based and non weapon based Combat Art's plus spells), it might be worth looking into if you're looking to pump your buffs really high and are worried about the hit to regen times.

The fact that you don't actually have to connect with anything for the regen bonus to kick in is pretty nice too. Just throwing it out there... :)

• 1 month later...

Hello, just couple of questions.

1. Would this build still work with Ice & Blood? I imagine it should be just as good if not better due to RpH items.

2. I don't really need Enhanced Perception, just trade and smith. Now, if I replace Enhanced Perception and devout guardian focus with source warden lore/focus, wouldn't this mean my shield and battle aura will be rather low in level due to lack of devout focus?

Thanks.

This build should work out fine in Ice and Blood.

Yes, by skipping Devout Guardian Focus you will get problems in having good levels on your buffs, and not to talk about the high regen penalties you will get if you memorize 200 runes(max in Ice and Blood).

But the regen penalties could easily be countered with some RPH gear, but still it would be hard to get your buffs up to decent levels.

Edited by Spunky
This build should work out fine in Ice and Blood.

Yes, by skipping Devout Guardian Focus you will get problems in having good levels on your buffs, and not to talk about the high regen penalties you will get if you memorize 200 runes(max in Ice and Blood).

But the regen penalties could easily be countered with some RPH gear, but still it would be hard to get your buffs up to decent levels.

Toughness it is then.

Does this build use any other combat art from other aspects for utility purposes? if he doesn't I can see expert touch being fairly good on this build.

thanks.

• 8 months later...

Hello. I plan to start play MP and to start with utility TG for future chars. As I see almost all buildsi read include " keep at level 1 +all skills will do rest". What if I just start and I dont have such items ? and cant get them by now? Is such build viable for play for complete newcomer:)

1: Beg, or have good friends.

2: Choose Bargaining as early as possible and keep it at character level.

3: Guides are often written by the affluent and well-connected. As a lonely single-player I have learnt to take everything with a pinch of salt.