Sickle Moon Wool quest

Greg100

Need some help here. I have undertaken the quest and collected 7 of the 8 wools. The problem is that I can't come up with the eighth one. I have been all over the area with quest giver in tow. The quest circle has disappeared off the map and it seems that the quest is broken. I have seen others on the forums with the same problem. I look at the journal and the quest is still listed as open.

I did return to the town at one point and pulled up the main map and suddenly there was the quest circle for the quest. I went back to the circle and searched everywhere around it looking for the last wool, but nothing was there. Does anyone know of a way to end this quest? Or better yet, a way to restart it. Otherwise I am going to have this girl following me around for the rest of the game, because nothing seems to hurt her.

It's like a never ending thing and really would like to finish it. If I speak to the girl, she just keeps saying how important the wool is.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

I suspect if you've collected 7 out of 8, that you failed to pick up one somewhere (I had this happen to me in another quest in another land). You have two choices,

a) retrace the general area where you already found the wool, and look for the "drop" that you did not collect, then pick it up,

or

b) forget about it and move on...

the exact same thing happend to me. I was lucky cause the next time I logged on (to a different server) I went back the that feild and there was the remaining pieces of wool.

if you havnt already tried just exit the game and log back on, start up another server and see if the wool pops up.

. . .

that is, if your playing online.

:)

Need some help here. I have undertaken the quest and collected 7 of the 8 wools. The problem is that I can't come up with the eighth one. I have been all over the area with quest giver in tow. The quest circle has disappeared off the map and it seems that the quest is broken. I have seen others on the forums with the same problem. I look at the journal and the quest is still listed as open.

I did return to the town at one point and pulled up the main map and suddenly there was the quest circle for the quest. I went back to the circle and searched everywhere around it looking for the last wool, but nothing was there. Does anyone know of a way to end this quest? Or better yet, a way to restart it. Otherwise I am going to have this girl following me around for the rest of the game, because nothing seems to hurt her.

It's like a never ending thing and really would like to finish it. If I speak to the girl, she just keeps saying how important the wool is.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Well solved the problem. Thanks goes to Pyrobelle and fleet for their advice. When I rebooted the game I found that when I went back to the field the sheep had returned (but couldn't be killed) and my missing wool was laying on the ground. Strange! Thanks again

• 1 year later...
good to know you were able to finish the quest. and also good to hear that some one else is experiencing this bug so that when the time comes for reporting it we know it exists.

Ive gone back to that stinkin place a dozen different times and no joy. I just want to wench to be gone and away from me...grrrrr...