How do I kill Octopus Boss in Wet Danger?

irina

I know this aint the place to ask, but can anyone give me a hint and an advice on how to beat the boss on wet danger? the octopuss? wees I struggle for 2 weeks I am on bronze with temple guardian level 24

Hi irina, and welcome to DarkMatters. I've split your post off from the other topic it was on, and hopefully this way you'll be able to get hold of the attention of one of our pro boss-killers who will have a treasure of info for you on putting down this Octagolamus for good.

cheers

:)

gogo

Hi and welcome irina,

He don't like fire (as you can see in the link from gogo), drink concentration potions (the yellow ones) and hit him without any rest! He have a nice healing spell, and he loves spamming it near the end of his life.

thank u for doing it like a new topic I apreciate it.since I am new to the site I didnt know where to post it and I am quite desperate

I shall try the potion thing and see what I come up with and I will tell u guys

thak u again for the nice welcome hgere

I haven't got that deep into the game, so have never fought the Ocotagolamus. But.... I'm confused!

I looked at the wiki page and noted that the dead Octagolamus dealt physical damage only, but the one in the picture looks like it deals an equal mix of physical, magic (or was that ice) and poison damage.

I say this because there are two colour bars around the red name of the monster. I assume (and you know what they say about when you ass u me!!) that the top bar is the monster's attack, and the bottom bar is the monster's armour/resistance.

Am I going crazy?

Edited by FrostElfGuard
  • 2 weeks later...

thsi is strange, I cant recall having to much trouble with the octo. I never tried with a temple guardian but I know they dont take down bosses as fast as other classes (have a TG in multiplayer around level 35 atm)

is your damage output to low or your defense to weak? if I remember right that octo dont regenerate to much hp. you should take a look into the guide section under templeguardian and look on llamas tank skills, its a solid and pretty easy build.

if you dont really get the knack of it, im sory to say but I would try to restart with another class who migth be easier to play.

problem solved now I am stuck at the dragon I gotta get up my level I am 27 dragon 26 so I need to go to at least 32 I guess

thanx for all the help

Try making in and outs and use Dedicated Blow whenever it's available. I had some hard times with that Dragon as a TG (even died 3 times in my initial TG test - the first char I made in Sacred 2), but that was because my Dedicated blow was at 15 sec regen time. I'm sure yours is better :)

thanx again I will try that

umm but what is the dedicated blow? I use Sacred in italian dam I wanted it in english but since me in italy no luck , tell me what it is cause I have no idea what it is in italian

No you're not crazy.

It's because his normal attack are physical, he has a technique that deals poison damage, and an electro spell that doing magical damage ^^

I have problem on Gold Difficulty with this one.

I have Dryad with Ancient Bark buff (magic resistance good 250+)

and I am one-shot dead with the electro spell.

I am at level 41 and it is at level 51

Edited by Spyrus
No you're not crazy.

It's because his normal attack are physical, he has a technique that deals poison damage, and an electro spell that doing magical damage ^^

some build info and we might be able to help out. :)

My level 21 Dryad in SP uses Malicious Totem pole and ---thanks to gogo reminding me-- a blow pipe modded to deal either poison, magical or fire damage. (Just got my 4th slot, so haven't yet made the 4th damage type.)

It looks like I need fire damage to deal with the Octagolamus. Hmmm.

Let's see. Where can I get fire damage? Oh... just on mage staffs at the merchants. The lava chunk I got from a quest (beating up some kobolds to see how they killed undead). I've socketed the lava chunk in a blow pipe. Or rather, a blacksmith did it for me.

Am I sunk?

Do I need to go away and level up... and find an area where lava chunks are dropped (since I never see a damage converter at the merchants)?

I have some (3 or 4) levels in Viperous Disease. Will this help?

Should I carry a monster head? (Will that mod my damage up)?

I ask these questions since I was pretty tired last night... I spent my remaining energy trying to find something at the Thylisum, Sloeford, and Octa merchants.

Any steering in the right direction would be appreciated!

No you're not crazy.

some build info and we might be able to help out. :)

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...t&p=6836243

My underpowered Dryad was using only level 1 of combat arts. She also had an old blowpipe socketed with a lava chunk.

Visiting several blacksmiths I was able to get a 28% converter (only 1 lava chunk was available in the 9 Blacksmiths I visited and revisited) and socket it in a max 63 damage blow pipe. This beat the existing fire-modded blowpipe by about 50% more damage.

I also read more runes in Black Curse, Malicious Totem Pole and Viperous Disease. I used the MT all the time and the BC some of the time.

And... it worked! Hurrah!

• 12 years later...

The secret is you have to kite the octagomulous to dry land. It's almost invulnrable in the water. Try luring it north near the cave you came out of. And just FYI, a properly built temple guardian is a literal boss slaying machine. Deadly spears and dedicated blow in combination are devastating, and the bigger the monster the more spears hit it. The only class I know of that's better at boss killing is the BFG seraphim, but they're seriously OP. In regards to the octopus, use that combination of Deadly spears and dedicated blow. Run right into the middle of the monster so that all your spears will hit it. While DS is on cooldown lay in to it with dedicated blow. If your DS cooldown is high enough just spam it. Make sure your DS level is high enough for at least 3 volleys. 

Edited by Hlalakar
  • Thanks! 1
15 hours ago, Hlalakar said:

The secret is you have to kite the octagomulous to dry land. It's almost invulnrable in the water. Try luring it north near the cave you came out of. And just FYI, a properly built temple guardian is a literal boss slaying machine. Deadly spears and dedicated blow in combination are devastating, and the bigger the monster the more spears hit it. The only class I know of that's better at boss killing is the BFG seraphim, but they're seriously OP. In regards to the octopus, use that combination of Deadly spears and dedicated blow. Run right into the middle of the monster so that all your spears will hit it. While DS is on cooldown lay in to it with dedicated blow. If your DS cooldown is high enough just spam it. Make sure your DS level is high enough for at least 3 volleys. 

Bam! What a great first post Hlalakar! i always remember that tentacled menace making me red zone multiple times just out of nowhere...thats a great detailed kill-down you put together for a fast clean up and delicious after eating.

Welcome to DarkMatters!!

:superman:

gogo