Good place to find set pieces in Sacred 2?

Perhaps this is just me being overly dependent upon the survival bonus/map exploration induced "chance to find valuables", but for some reason, I've noticed that the mini-set items don't really start dropping until you have about 40%+ of the map explored. This seems regardless of whether or not I actually have on any chance to find valuables gear.

I hope it's just bad luck.

Definitely bad luck Cthulhu. Or could just be that you're not doing enough damage, (Not killing them fast enough). It sounds as though you have all the right elements, SB, MR, FV... Seems the only possible reasons left for your bad luck are kill speed or that the mini boss you are fighting is too low level. I was just farming the Griffon some days ago at level 20 and I have very low SB, MR and FV.

Give the technique I suggested in the second post of this topic Cthulhu. Should give very good results. :)

Hey there bhall. Good question. That's something we're all after. ^^ Personally I've had the greatest success in finding set items by farming mini bosses. They seem almost built for that very opportunity. At least to my experience. What I would suggest you try is to choose a mini boss you are able to kill the easiest. Activate the nearest Monolith to it and then farm it repeatedly on an empty server. The White Griffon-> is by far the most convenient because it is so close to a Monolith, (The map you will see from this link needs to be updated and does not show the closest Monolith to the Griffon. You will see the closest Monolith along the path to the Griffon in game). It's a tricky boss since it can DeBuff you but if you can find a strategy that works well against the Griffon then I would recommend farming the Griffon. The next best I would have to say is the Raging Boar->. He doesn't have a very close Monolith but I do find the Boar fairly predictable. He seems to hit hard and have a melee type buff. I imagine simply having reflect melee mods and a high attack rate could be good enough. His armor is simplistic since it is all Physical so choose your elemental damage freely and go farm him. :)

Not sure this is the proper forum for this and if not, I apologize.

Is there a certain level you have to reach before set items can be found or are they totally random?

Do they generally fall in certain areas or can they be found anywhere in the game?

I am a level 20 SW but so far have not seen any set items and just a couple gold items.

Thanks for any response and thoughts provided.

The best way to find sets does seem to be mini bosses. The boar boss usually drops a set every other kill.

YA absolutely - go kick some mini bosses to kingdom come.

Best place for me doing boss run is go the teleportal from start isle cave - to carnach cave. Then you tele to isle where carnach entreance is wery near, and mini fire golem is just on isle north off you.

Also theres that treasure cave to teleport in and plunder.

Nr 2 best place is banshee - but thats WERY DANGEROUS ALONE. It always gives me a set or 2 - so definately worth the risk he he.

Best area dropping for me are grunwald.

nr 2 are south swamp

nr 3 dessert scarabs

For rings / amulets go ghost area- near ghost city, a little south east off artamarks gate. Got cool yellow all ca/ ll / all skills etc there - on my no bargain chars he he & good xp :evil:

Also get map revealed at 20 % or more it triggers drops, without ep and mf - those 5 % mf atually work alot better than % say :woot:

Whoever made tooltips in Sacred 2, had to make some choices and they werent wery good.

P.S. all my builds got EP, but most only spend 6 points in ep.

Edited by D-molisher