33 replies to this topic

#21 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,057 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Have no fear, it will one day make it's return!

:)

gogo

#22 Jrmoore2

Jrmoore2

Prismatic Enchanter

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 625 posts
  • Platform:PS3

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

So This Is How My Home Away From Home From Home But Still In My Home (Wow, Confusing) Was Founded!

Now I Know My Ancestry!

P.S 400th Post! In Only Like 19 Days =D.

-Jamie!

Edited by Jrmoore2, 30 June 2009 - 11:23 PM.

Posted Image
Vexus: Level 52 HE Pyro.
Jamie: Level 81 Dual Wield/Tech Exalted Hybrid seraphim.
Maaliki: Level 62 Putrescine Hybrid Druid (LOVING IT)
I put the Laughter in Manslaughter.

#23 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,057 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

You know, we had forgotten about how much fun the skins were. Takes a day like today, with Halloween close in hand to jog our spirit and see/remember that freshness counts, and new colors, sites adds energy. Schot's gonna be back soon, with some amazing ideas that we hope are gonna drop a few jaws. Until then... we'd love to hear from a few more about how they found the site, and while we're listening... we can add some more to the history of DarkMatters for interested ears.

gogo

#24 namad

namad

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

it wasn't just a skin issue...

this is what a thread would look like... instead of being a forum thread it was like little a tree of comments where you could instantly jump to any post, and you could choose which reply in a thread to reply to be it the main OP or not... is there anyway to make darkmatters look like this? was there ever? man... I don't know how no one knows what I am talking about, just 2years ago I swear this site was an epic repository of guides and build discussion

POSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOST

username - title
--re: username - title
-----re: username -title
--re: username - title
-----re: username - title
--------re: username - title
----------re:username -title
-----re: username - title
-------re: username - title
---------re: username - title
-----------re: username - title
-------------re: username - title
-------re: username - title

Edited by namad, 25 September 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#25 Dragon Brother

Dragon Brother

Sacred 2 Site Guru

• FDM Moderator
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:15 AM

this is what a thread would look like... instead of being a forum thread it was like little a tree of comments where you could instantly jump to any post, and you could choose which reply in a thread to reply to be it the main OP or not... is there anyway to make darkmatters look like this? was there ever? man... I don't know how no one knows what I am talking about, just 2years ago I swear this site was an epic repository of guides and build discussion

Hey, there is a way to get this view back. What you need to do is click on the dropdown box on your username at the top right of the page and go to the "My Settings" page. Then click on the forum section and under "Topic Display mode" select outline and save. All threads should then be displayed as you describe.

As to guides and builds, they should all still be both here and on the wiki. If you are uncertain about anything in particular just post int he relevant section in General Discussion.

#26 namad

namad

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:24 AM

I'm prolly thinking of darkmatters then, I just wish I could find a good dryad shopper guide similar enough to what I am doing to help me decide if I want armor lore OR constitution more

#27 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,057 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

You know, I think there was a crazy shopper/dryad/VD build that had hundreds of posts on it. It was for console though, think that could have been it?

gogo

#28 namad

namad

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:17 AM

nah, pretty sure this was before I'd even HEARD the game could be played on a console, furthermore, it was for putrescines' style of dryad who would used darting assault and ravaging impact and no viperish disease at all

#29 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,057 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

nah, pretty sure this was before I'd even HEARD the game could be played on a console, furthermore, it was for putrescines' style of dryad who would used darting assault and ravaging impact and no viperish disease at all

True

I remember playing with him on the servers, and he never really used that CA, he was more direct attack Ranged, and loved to make his Dryad as "permanent" as possible

Just noticed I'm bumping up a good ole thread with lots of roots... I see that the community's really add more over the years, and so will come back a little later this weekend to add to the history!

gogo

#30 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,057 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

Of course, we were never really a Sacred site first... we only started the site cuz a bunch of us from Sacred forum were first at Dagirl's site, which she threw up, and became like a cool new home while we were waiting for Sacred 2... the game, of course was Ogame... the most compelling and immersive game ever made, worse than anything I've ever played, and which I had to stop playing after two  years.

One of the early members, Indy13, was a huge metal fan... him, me, jun and someone else, I forget who, formed our own alliance, so we weren't able to stay on Dagirls' site anymore.  We started a free forum, so that the four of us could post messages to each other instead of doing it inside the game... it was during that time the name came up... Indy was a huge metal fan... *groan* I hated metal, knew nothing about it, and was vehemently against it  :P  For a few days, we sent names back and forth and I think the name came cuz of some metal band he liked which had the word "dark" in it (I think he wanted us to be called Dark Metal or something like that, aieeeeeeeeeeee... :oooo: :P... he INSISTED we used that word... so after some mulling, I came up with my half, which was Matter...which was the cool word at the time...but, as we were also dimly thinking of a future... we added the s to it, so that it meant something more vague, ... a kind of collection of outside thinkers or thinking... out of the box, strange, brave...

Word spread throughout the net, everyone else from the Sacred community started finding us, and from 4 peeps, kicked out of an old clan, we became hundred, then thousands then tens of thousands.

And that's your history, my beloved online family

:hugs:

gogo

#31 Dorimil

Dorimil

Chromium Defender

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Steam Name:Dorimil

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:41 AM

I hated metal, knew nothing about it, and was vehemently against it  :P 

so...you never did the Blind Guardian quest then? :P

#32 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,057 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

:devil:

gogo

#33 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

One of my favorite metal bands being attached to Sacred 2 was a huge draw for me.

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#34 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

Ancarian National Geographer

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,721 posts
  • Gamertag:Hooyaah

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

One of my online buddys (from Maryland) mailed me the vanilla Sacred 2 version. That was quite a number of years ago and I now play the Gold version; I just can't quit the game. Dark Matters remains to this day a great repository of information and downloads. I would be remiss not to mention that there are some remarkable people who yet frequent the site as well!

perception ≤ reality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users