Chance to Hit Calculator - Priceless

Could it be that on console the CtH calculation is only refreshed when changing weapons?

Tried to see CtH, then turn buff on, and then CtH, then change weapon and change back and then look again at CtH?

Did you get different results this way?

Could it be that on console the CtH calculation is only refreshed when changing weapons?

Tried to see CtH, then turn buff on, and then CtH, then change weapon and change back and then look again at CtH?

Did you get different results this way?

I'll try anything / everything! Thanks for that, I never thought of that as a "trick"!

For anyone interested:

As for combat-art CtH, here is the spells.txt for Ravaged Impact:

mgr.defineSpell( "dr_hu_konzentrierterangriff", {
eiStateName = "cSMDrKonzentrierterAngriff",
fxTypeCast = "",
fxTypeSpell = "",
duration = 0.000000,
animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM01",
animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM01-SPECIAL",
causesSpellDamage = 0,
tokens = {
	entry0 = {"et_missile_count", 300, 10, 0, 8 },
	entry1 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1200, 2, 0, 9 },
	entry2 = {"et_baseAW", 200, 350, 0, 5 },
	entry3 = {"et_damage_any_rel", 400, 100, 0, 5 },
	entry4 = {"et_chance_bleeding", 247, 3, 1, 5 },
	entry5 = {"et_physical_to_poison", 500, 10, 2, 5 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_bypass_armor", 200, 5, 3, 5 },
	entry7 = {"et_target_seeker", 1000, 0, 4, 133 },
	entry8 = {"et_chance_areasplash", 500, 5, 5, 5 },
	entry9 = {"et_missile_count", 300, 10, 6, 8 },
},
fightDistance = 45.000000,
aspect = "EA_DR_HUNT",
cooldown = 0.000000,
soundProfile = 0,
cost_level = 175,
cost_base = 350,
focus_skill_name = "skill_DR_hunt_focus",
lore_skill_name = "skill_tactics_lore",
spellClass = "cSpellSMove",
spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_weapon_attack",
sorting_rank = 1,
})

I understand entry2 is the attack value increase for Ravaged Impact; and from what I understand from the other threads is that the base attack value increase is 20+35*level.... correct?

Compared with a weapon skill this seem to be really really high, or?

Magic coup for example has:

entry1 = {"et_AW_rel", 500, 20, 0, 5 },

it gives even a tiny x% attack value.

About a year back, not knowing the spells.txt, I asked a developer in the GSF if combat arts would have a hidden hit chance. Because even CtH showed only 70% for normal attacks I was hitting all the time with my melee elf. They said, yes, there is a hidden chance. That was the time I gave up on weapon skills for my melee elves.

I think that:

entry2 = {"et_baseAW", 20, 35, 0, 5 },

would be a more balanced entry. Given that you can reach really high Combat Art-levels now with rph. The attack value at 200 weapon lore is less than you get with 20 Combat Art-levels.

Hybrid Combat Art's: magic coup, archangel's wrath, shadow hand. There the attack speed is from the magic lore, no double hits possible, the malus from a too high leveled weapon doesn't count since it's useless attack speed and even the attack value doesn't matter out of the above reason. If you look at my visible astral lord, or at my lady in black, no weapon skill used anymore.

Edited by chattius
Compared with a weapon skill this seem to be really really high, or?

Magic coup for example has:

entry1 = {"et_AW_rel", 500, 20, 0, 5 },

it gives even a tiny x% attack value.

About a year back, not knowing the spells.txt, I asked a developer in the GSF if combat arts would have a hidden hit chance. Because even CtH showed only 70% for normal attacks I was hitting all the time with my melee elf. They said, yes, there is a hidden chance. That was the time I gave up on weapon skills for my melee elves.

I think that:

entry2 = {"et_baseAW", 20, 35, 0, 5 },

would be a more balanced entry. Given that you can reach really high Combat Art-levels now with rph. The attack value at 200 weapon lore is less than you get with 20 Combat Art-levels.

Hybrid Combat Art's: magic coup, archangel's wrath, shadow hand. There the attack speed is from the magic lore, no double hits possible, the malus from a too high leveled weapon doesn't count since it's useless attack speed and even the attack value doesn't matter out of the above reason. If you look at my visible astral lord, or at my lady in black, no weapon skill used anymore.

I was quite amused when I saw the base attack value increase I noted... It definitely explains my experiences - With the Calculator showing 12-30% chances to hit, I remember missing maybe 1 in 50 swings with Ravaged Impact at level 45-ish. (98% hitchance)

So you think the Magic Coup entry1 is an attack value % increase? This would mean the REL in {et_AW_rel} is an indication of multiplier value.

I agree that your modified entry2 is a lot more fair for hidden attack value bonus; especially as a base value because it can be multiplied with Blacksmith Whet runes! BUT... the noted Combat Art's (for hybrids) give those toons possibilites for using RpH with their builds, because of the high attack value increases (since hybrids probably do not want weapon lores for more Combat Art skills). So maybe it is a bug or oversight, or maybe it was planned we may never know!

What really has my noodle spinning is that the flag for the attack values is 4+1 Which adds values from equipment (the 4 answer, which is logical) AND modifies damage? Maybe the 1 flag is more complex than just damage......

Unmodified magic coup adds 20+35*CA_level base attack value and 50%+2%*ca_level relative attack value. So here are some numbers for magic coup, based on this thread: understanding spells.txt

level   1:   55 base attack value and  52% relative attack value
level  10:  370 base attack value and  70% relative attack value
level  50: 1770 base attack value and 150% relative attack value
level 100: 3520 base attack value and 250% relative attack value

To use the CtH calculator with a level 10 magic coup you have to take your normal hit and then add 370 base attack value and 70% relative attack value with equipment.

Edited by chattius

We stumbled above some weirdness at weekend. We were not yet be able to re-produce it all the time:

We were forging with our smith character, direct after starting the game. Then changed to our dryad and noticed her hit chance was just 26 % and didn't change when wearing the newly forged stuff. The CtH in last kill changed to normal values after a few kills.

Could it be possible that for relayable tests you had to kill a bit first in the same session?

We stumbled above some weirdness at weekend. We were not yet be able to re-produce it all the time:

Welcome to my world! :Just_Cuz_21:

We were forging with our smith character, direct after starting the game. Then changed to our dryad and noticed her hit chance was just 26 % and didn't change when wearing the newly forged stuff. The CtH in last kill changed to normal values after a few kills.

Could it be possible that for relayable tests you had to kill a bit first in the same session?

I havent' the faintest idea. I've tested it on console, it doesn't seem to change anything, but I think the CtH calculator isn't working perfectly on console, either. Example:

COCE from equipment (both weapons and armour) is included, but from Sinister Predator it is not. Also, there are 2 entries for COCE in my Overview, one displaying from equipment and one from buff. IF COCE is equipped on ring or amulet slots, it is not changing in calculator. Same for OCE and Opp. Defense Value -x%. Socketed, it works fine (because it is 'on the equipment').

• 4 weeks later...

@gogoblender

Ok maybe this is a stupid quesyion, but where or how do I get the hit % to show on the xbox version? Because that is what I am playing, and maybe I am a noob but at least on my versiond the barganing skill, like at all in the skills area.

I appreciate any help..

Cheers.

Ooops, I meant that I cannot find the bargaining skill at all in the list of skills to choose from, I am on the xbox version. Also How did you get the hit % to show up in the menues because I cdouldnt figure this out either, or was this something just for the pc?

I have been following few other posts about farming sets and items for caves and bosses but I seem to get every set piece except for the ones I want! xD I was surprised it works though. My xbox doesnt seem to like me doing this however and seems to freeze a lot. :S

Ooops, I meant that I cannot find the bargaining skill at all in the list of skills to choose from, I am on the xbox version. Also How did you get the hit % to show up in the menues because I cdouldnt figure this out either, or was this something just for the pc?

I have been following few other posts about farming sets and items for caves and bosses but I seem to get every set piece except for the ones I want! xD I was surprised it works though. My xbox doesnt seem to like me doing this however and seems to freeze a lot. :S

Welcome, vii!

At the skill selection screen, you start on the "Combat Art Skills" page. Use d-pad left/right to switch between the skill types.

Hit % is in the overview, same idea as skill pages, left/right on d-pad to see your stats/last opponent information.

Thanks. :)

well that's what I thought but I looked and didn't see it, only my attack and defence, but I will have another look.