Sacred 2 HC Graveyard

Sorry guys. Shade in the [D.a.r.k] Got a bit too much light shined on him. Made level 70 and was fighting the Poison Lord with the Hansen Brothers (Nether Allegiance), I must have gotten too close to the Bones and P.L.'s Area of Effect must have gotten me.

I'll reroll, but run this on my own account to find a good combo of skills for him.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my level 12 HC Seraphim in the stupidest way I could have ever dreamed of. I had just killed a load of skellies as part of the Blind Guardian quest and pressed the 'Alt' key to see what loot was lying around, but accidentally pressed the 'Windows' key next to it by mistake. By the time it went to desktop and I got back into the game (chewing my fingernails to the elbow at how long it was taking), I got the visuals back just in time to watch more skellies walking away from my seraphim's corpse! :cry:

Furian67, that's really unlucky! I'm certain he will dominate when he is done.

Podgie, that's a real shame. My windows key doesn't work when I am in the game. Perhaps see if you can find something to disable it.

Sorry guys. Shade in the [D.a.r.k] Got a bit too much light shined on him. Made level 70 and was fighting the Poison Lord with the Hansen Brothers (Nether Allegiance), I must have gotten too close to the Bones and P.L.'s Area of Effect must have gotten me.

I'll reroll, but run this on my own account to find a good combo of skills for him.

ah, level 70, that's a feel-hurt level. Sorry for loss, RIP Shade

Come back strongah

:cry:

gogo

p.s. Podgie, are you able to run your game windowed?

:sob::):sob:

I lost my level 12 HC Seraphim in the stupidest way I could have ever dreamed of. I had just killed a load of skellies as part of the Blind Guardian quest and pressed the 'Alt' key to see what loot was lying around, but accidentally pressed the 'Windows' key next to it by mistake. By the time it went to desktop and I got back into the game (chewing my fingernails to the elbow at how long it was taking), I got the visuals back just in time to watch more skellies walking away from my seraphim's corpse! :cry:

:nooo::o:nooo:

The fates are cruel my friends, cruel indeed :)

I have 2 deaths to report today. First off, my level 3 inquisitor died at the hand of a kobold champ and a stupid boar (which I absolutly despise at the lower levels). That was of little importance but the death still had me shaken (my reasoning for my second death).

Right after the inqui went down I check the forum, and other things, then 10 minutes I'm back in the game with my staff dryad. Wheeeeee, she's zipping along the swamp, then decides to hit up gar'. The big rock goes down in short order. Now I start to get confident and think I should try guardians. I use island teleport to great machine and easily dispatch the TGs and other creatures outside. Then I enter the machine...and guess what? 7 Fen fires decide that they should spawn right in front of me! 1 Hit kill baby :( I've now grown a serious respect for those stupid little blue orbs. Sigh, I think I might take a break from Ice and Blood and return to consoles, as that was real easier.

I lost my level 12 HC Seraphim in the stupidest way I could have ever dreamed of. I had just killed a load of skellies as part of the Blind Guardian quest and pressed the 'Alt' key to see what loot was lying around, but accidentally pressed the 'Windows' key next to it by mistake. By the time it went to desktop and I got back into the game (chewing my fingernails to the elbow at how long it was taking), I got the visuals back just in time to watch more skellies walking away from my seraphim's corpse! :(

I really, really, REALLY hate when that happens... That's why I dug up an ancient copy of WinKeyKiller off the web. It's free. It still works with Windows 7 (presume it works with XP, Vista and everything between going back to 95). It doesn't suck up a bunch of resources. And prevents whoopsies that can cost your charcters dearly. Google is your friend.

My actual reason for getting it had to do with a problem I was having with Sacred 1... Every time I hit the bloody key, the game would go fubar - I'd hit the desktop and then go back into the game and the screen would be black. I could lose potentially hours of game play. I also used it to disable the Alt-Tab combo - sometimes I'd be looking to see what got dropped (Alt) and would pop up the map (tab) to see where I wanted to go next - and sometimes hit both a the same time. :) The config for the utility will let you disable that as well.

Sigh, I think I might take a break from Ice and Blood and return to consoles, as that was real easier.

:(

Seriously what?

Shrug this off man! Again, seriously, no need to sweat the small stuff. If need, I have alot of gears to help ya get back on your feet, grinding again.

Come back very soon!

I remain, :)

Right after the inqui went down I check the forum, and other things, then 10 minutes I'm back in the game with my staff dryad. Wheeeeee, she's zipping along the swamp, then decides to hit up gar'. The big rock goes down in short order. Now I start to get confident and think I should try guardians. I use island teleport to great machine and easily dispatch the TGs and other creatures outside. Then I enter the machine...and guess what? 7 Fen fires decide that they should spawn right in front of me! 1 Hit kill baby :) I've now grown a serious respect for those stupid little blue orbs. Sigh, I think I might take a break from Ice and Blood and return to consoles, as that was real easier.

Yeah, the fen fires are pretty much the dryad's achilles heel (along with the fire breathing dragons). I pretty much parked my 1st staff dryad because although she could take down the guardians in short order, I would see the low health flash pretty much everytime I tp'ed into the monlith and got hit with the simultaneous fen fire and TG shots, so I figured it was only a matter of time if I kept doing that. Currently working on a new staff dryad but I took spell res and con this time and hopefully that may help her out.

The last time I lost a toon I started a veiled SW build and it gave me a sense of being able to get back at everything that beat me up before. You may want to give that a shot.

If you go through the portal under start island and start moving quick, nothing will spawn until you stop. This includes Fens, TG's, etc. You'll quickly be at the Guardians door in relative safety.

It's a slightly longer run than the portal though.

Fen fires are pretty tough. I've had me arse trounced now twice in a row in that area. I know there's a lot of different set up stuff we can do to safely kill them, but... lol I get so drawn into battle very often just rawr! my way in :)

Consider as a leveling strategy to keep your toon in safer areas till you're at around level 100. That's the minimum for a toon's skill synergies to begin to kick in and where you really begin to see strengths shine.

With some builds... it's even later than that, depending on complexity and how deep the mechanisms you have put in are.

RIP...I know we'll see even stronger from you.

:P

gogo

Heya,

also noticed that on silver, like many other enemies, Fens are easy and don't hit for alot. Start paying attention when you bring a runner into Gold machine the first time... quite the difference.

Besides their ice damage, they do magic damage, lowering your HP by... 10-15% ? I summise that most deaths by multiple attack are caused by an intitial strike with magic, lowering HP, and then the multiple hits from the remaining fens. Combine that with the one or two fire traps... sometimes champions, and there is your lethal combustion.

Meh, enough ramble, I believe I have a full level 30 Detheya set for you, if you decide the restart :P

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Sorry about that buddy. And we were at the same level too. Is a perfect example of the bonus to buff suits. I use a complete buff suit for Grim Resilence and Refelctive Emenation, although I don't have the focus for either , just tactics lore to mod those buffs and mini buffs/Frenzied. Anyways I took the hit and didn't really think much of it until I noticed Dreeft standing beside me or rather laying beside me with that right leg at a wierd angle and twitching. I swear I will never get used to seeing that. It's always like it happens to myself.

Few minutes later we boosted 2 SW to level 25 to take his place.

I was veiled, but I was running with Furian and he got hit. I just happened to be too close at the time.

Dreeft nooooooooooooooooooooooo ... so sorry man :bounce:

At least you're starting off good spirit. Gonna be same class?

:hugs:

gogo

Yeh, I am planning him as a smith.

I've made a couple of useful changes to my setup too, seems to be working well.

Thanks again to Furian for the boost :bounce:

Yeh, I am planning him as a smith.

I've made a couple of useful changes to my setup too, seems to be working well.

Thanks again to Furian for the boost :)

Love to see you in Great Spirits dreeft!

About buff suits, they WiN the day everytime. Even when Veiled, as you found out, is not 100%, as most people assume!

Watch out for any Area of Effect. Primarly from Dragons & Guardians!

High fives here on the Buff suit. I'm kinda lazy though, and for my three buffs I only use one that's only comprised of three pieces... the third one, the daemon, I only use a weapon slot socketed with Niobium runes for the CA ... Schot's idea.

Good enough for level 80.5 Deamon while using my own Celdrahils's armor.. lazy man's delight

:)

gogo