Intro

Hello all. I have not had the chance to post my intro until now. Busy with kids while wife is away on a job course. Well my name is Jason. I am soon to be 34 years old, have 2 beautiful daughters with my wife Kari and we are expecting a 3rd child in August this year. So I expect to be very busy in the near future :unsure: I am an IT teacher at the Videregårende level in Norway, both vocational education and allmen studies. I am very interested in video games and see them as a source of solid pedagogik foundation for learning. I have recently incorporated Neverwinter Nights into the curriculum teaching programming, project work, documentation and multimedia. As for other things outside work and family. I am head coach for an american football team in Norway. So much of my free time outside of the occasional (nightly) slip into Sacred 2 mode goes to organizing my team which is about 50 players strong this year. I enjoy reading fantasy and sci fi books, painting and occasionally wargame miniatures from Privateer press.. Warmachine and or Hordes. Can't think of much more right now and my daughter needs a diaper change so will end here for now. In any case really looking forward to playing with some awsome individuals here at D.a.r.k!

- Jason

hey there fellow norwegian ;) im actully studying in videregående :) not in the school you teach I guess ^^ I hope to bump into you ingame soon :)

now get your post count up :unsure:

Hehe I wondered when I saw your name last night Erling. What school you at and where? I am at Heimdal VGS in Trondheim. Service of Samferdsel (IKT) og IT Allmenfag (IT-1).

still stuck in oslo :) im doing studiespesialisering-språk og samfunnsfag (name of a study if anyone wonders) I hope to get to NTNU in Trondheim or NHH in Bergen :) or maybe travel to another country :unsure:

this subjekt might be very unintresting for the others and is maybe more suited for PM's... but you get your post count up so xD

nice to see another norwegian finding the way to darkmatters :agreed:

again welcome to darkmatters :)

:viking: :viking: :viking:

Thanks Bjørn! Is a great site and I look forward to meeting even more members!

Erling, if you are coming to Trondheim let me know. I studied at NTNU and know the area really good as well as have some contacts via school. The American football team I am coach for is actually under NTNUI so if you want to give it a go you are more than welcome to come to practice as well :)

had a good time with ya on Servers today :viking: finaly got rid of all the runes that took up so much place :)

Yeah me too. Sorry I never got back on,... wife kept me busy since I have not cleaned around the house in the 4 days she was gone. Basically loading up the game would have been a death sentance :agreed:

Great introduction Jason. We've actually got a number of families here on the site and playing with us in the clan. Guess we're all growing up :D Love the hobbies. I'm a big sci fan and fantasy fan myself, and whenever I can, I like to sneak off with a good book and see what's going on. Lately games have been the driving force, and I'm wondering if that would, in it's own way, be considered a kind of reading?

:Just_Cuz_21:

Great having you hear, and even better to see your application. lol, I met you in game last night, and wasn't very chatty :P This Dang cold... dang the giver!

Welcome to DarkMatters Jason.

:)

gogo

p.s. and yay for coaches! I used to coach a lot of soccer and ice-hockey, and those years are priceless. You feel like you're really making a difference, and it's a great thing to walk home with. You sound like you're probably enjoying it as much as I was. Lemme see if I can dig up a pic of my hockey team and shoot it up here on the members pic thread ^^

Hiya! And welcome - from the newbie herself.

I love being old and being addicted to a computer game. It gives life meaning! LoL -giggle-

I know, I know, I'm such a nerd. Cheers to that!

:Just_Cuz_21: