Energistic weapons !?

which chars can use energistic weapons!

the reason for all the exclamation marks is that this just dropped . . .

sacred22009-02-2701-49-12-39.jpg

would be absoluty brillient for me build. but I cant use it casue im an elf . . . your all elfist!

:P

I just dont understand why it has +10 to grand invigoration if a HE cant use it :)

:P

Random Generation does weird things sometimes. I guess every item that is dropped for you (swords, shields, etc) that you won't use also gives boosts to your skills. This happened to me a few times.

Max

I just dont understand why it has +10 to grand invigoration if a HE cant use it :)

Because the item generation code doesn't take class-specific mods into account when generating items. It was the same in S1, possibly slightly worse, I guess they reused most of the code & tweaked it for Sacred 2 (despite requests that it be changed/re-written to avoid stuff like that).

For what it is worth, the random stats problem is listed as a bug over at the German forum. Now whether or not that is OFFICIAL is beyond my knowledge. I can think of one person who visits this place that might know the truth to the matter, but well, that's up to them (and I can't guarantee that they have access to such details.)

Here's the German forum's "bug list" -

http://64.233.161.132/translate_c?hl=en&am...qM9SW7PmB0RiLKQ

It's listed under general bugs in the above linked post.

P.S. Coincidently, I am capable of reading some Deutsch, but I am by no means anywhere near proficient/bilingual. Thus I am willing to admit I will not be surprised if my (and Google's) interpretation of the above could somehow be incorrect.

Edited by Cthulhu

It would be nice if this could be fixed but, as Llama has said, it's been around since S1. When I saw this happening in Sacred 2 I didn't blink an eye actually. I guess I've been brainwashed, haha. I'm under the impression that Ascaron was and is well aware of this random generation. My guess is that the process of generating stats for so many items at once is a complex one. Maybe they didn't make the generator more precise by limiting each weapon type to a specific families of modifiers because the process would be too demanding? I'm not really sure but it wouldn't hurt to report it I think. I'll see what's what. :P

It would be nice if this could be fixed but, as Llama has said, it's been around since S1. When I saw this happening in Sacred 2 I didn't blink an eye actually. I guess I've been brainwashed, haha. I'm under the impression that Ascaron was and is well aware of this random generation. My guess is that the process of generating stats for so many items at once is a complex one. Maybe they didn't make the generator more precise by limiting each weapon type to a specific families of modifiers because the process would be too demanding? I'm not really sure but it wouldn't hurt to report it I think. I'll see what's what. :P

Judging from the game's file libraries and sporadic, non-obfuscated source code, the generator might be "unfinished". You can kind of get that idea if you look in the localization folder and check out the excel files that are intended to hold the names for various item modifier names. A lot of them do not correspond in-game with what the excel files state.