Melee Dryad questions.

Llama8

I'm thinking of starting a melee Dryad & have a few questions:

Do the mods on Sinister Predator affect melee attacks (I assume not), eg, Marked Shot & Eagle Eye/Rapid Fire?

As far as skills go, I was thinking of:

Tactics Lore (maxxed)

Dual Wield

CH Focus (for DA & RI)

NW Focus (for Ancient Bark, GGT & TV?)

Combat Reflexes

Armour Lore

Possibles:

Speed Lore (+% attack/defence)

Constitution

EP

NW Lore

Concentration (if I do use two buffs)

CAs:

Ancient Bark - modded for Rugged (armour), Divert (reflection) & Invigorate (+healing)

Darting Asault - modded for ?, Wounding (DoT)? & Rotate?

Ravaged Impact - modded for Perforate (open wounds), Breach (ignore armour) & Blast (Area of Effect)?

Golden Glade Touch - modded for Flow (more hp/sec), Persevere (+Willpower)? & Dilligence (+duration)

Tangled Vine - modded for Sprawl (+duration), Impair (lower AS) & Encroach (increase Area of Effect?)?

What do people think?

I have always wondered what dryad's dual wield will do with nature weaver and it's Combat Arts (edaphic lances?). There has been a guide for a pure weaver build, and I really wanted to see it with dual wield - since dual wield allows for a lot of sockets and a lot of + allskills items, while bark compensates for the defense.

Dryads are the best bargainers though... I'd hate to miss this in a build.

sinisters mods dont work no (exept shorter reg on Combat Arts, so might be worth having lvl1?)

and your skills look good but are they in the order yiu intended to take them?

I would think

tactics lore

combat reflexses

dual wield

CH

armor lore

concentration

NW focus

rest defensive ?

you could also ask Dmolisher, he have played DW dryad to the early 30's.

I did a quick check & it looks like the mods for SP do work (at least, they appear in the Sigma tooltip as: Chance for critical hits +x% & Chance that opponents can't evade +x% exactly as if they were coming from items, so they should work).

The first lot were in order, but the second lot weren't, though I think that I'd probably squeeze Conc in between NW Focus & Combat Reflexes (since I'll only be taking 1 point in it).

I made a few melee dryad both in SP and HC closenet. I have two tips....don't use spears, they often don't attack, probably a 2handed weapon bug; and the third mod on Ravaged Impact (double mod) doesn't work in melee. I quit playing a dryad for this reason....wating for the next patch and hoping.

About your build I strongly recommend to take Spell Resistance, due to the fact that you'll be highly vulnerable to fire damage with Barkskin and one of my character died for the TG in the last area shooting 3 or 4 of their nasty fire spells.....bang! dead character.

The mods for Sinister Predator are, imo, priceless....chance to critical hit, chance that opponenet cannot evade and faster regeneration as icing on the cake :P

If dual wielding you'll not use Darting assault much (only one weapon seems to do damage, so it's not worth it).

Be prepared to cast Goldenglade touch a lot later on....

Writing this reply make me thinking about writing a melee dryad guide :devil:

Hope this helps, if you have more questions I'm here. The melee dryad was my favourite character (now I made the mistake of making a TG and my Sacred life changed...) and I'll make a new one after the patch.

I'd say

Tactics Lore

Concentration

Capricious Hunter Focus

Nature Weaver Focus

Nature Weaver Lore

Armor Lore

Dual Wielding

Constitution

Combat Reflexes

Combat Discipline/Spell Resistance

But that's just my personal thoughts :devil:

Tactics Lore

Concentration

Capricious Hunter Focus

Nature Weaver Focus

Nature Weaver Lore

Armor Lore

Dual Wielding

Constitution

Combat Reflexes

The only problem with that Put is that Armour Lore is a second tier skill, so you'd have to pick Combat Reflexes/Spell Resistance before Armour Lore.

I'm performing with my level 73 melee dryad extremely well. she uses polearms. I put all my points into strength since str-based polearm are far more common than dex-based. here is the list of skills I utilize, roughly ordered as I picked them:

enhanced perception

tactics lore

spell resistance

polearm weapons focus

capricious hunter focus

constitution

nature weaver focus

armour lore

nature weaver lore

combat discipline

CAs:

ancient bark buff

normal fight - combo RI & DA, GGT

boss fight - RI, combo GGT & black curse & tangled vine, dust devil

mods so far:

RI - envenom, breach, blast

DA - edged, wounding, rotate

DD - recondition

GGT - flow, persevere, diligence

TV - sprawl, impair

AB - rugged, divert

I personally prefer to inflict multiple forms of damage and that's why I picked envenom. it is not affected by elemental modded weapons! I picked blast but it is extremely weak in comparison to DA's rotate. double shot might be a better idea. I think I saw somewhere that it actually does double damage in melee. DA's reload is useless with melee. rotate is your ultimate choice! this is your hell unleashing force when combating mobs. but remember, you need a mount! you saw my picture in the sacred forum. try to pack as many monsters around you as you can and wipe out (almost) everything with single blow. dust devil is a sort of replacement for the missing combat reflexes skill. GGT touch enhanced by nature weaver lore will give you magnificent healing power. for me it is currently about 3200 hp/s. and it also gives you a huge addition to willpower, something comparable to shadow warrior's grim resillience bonus. here comes a question of whether you would need the spell resistance skill. I would say not if you intend to use it all the (combat) time, but there might be some surprising moments, that's for sure. tangled vine is good only for its attack speed reducing property. I chose combat discipline primarily to additionaly improve damage. and the last thing I can think of right now, I wouldn't waste a skill slot for concentration just to have the marked shot mod on sinister predator, a hit chance property which can be quite easily acquired from equipment, moreover if you flush you points into strength.

"I hope I haven't overextended myself."

I wouldn't waste a skill slot for concentration just to have the marked shot mod on sinister predator

Don't forget the +Crit mod as well! :) I would then probably take the regen mod later.

Ravaged Impact:

I've got a question on the Envenom mod for Ravaged Impact, does it convert x% (50% at level 1?) of your physical damage to poison (so a 100 physical damage weapon would then do 50 physical & 50 poison), or does it add x% poison damage (like the fire/magic mods for Deathly Spears)? I'm assuming it's the former, but if that's true, doesn't it mean your damage is going to suck against poison resistance mobs? While I do like doing poison damage (well, the DoT), I'm not sure I'd like to always do poison damage, I was intending to socket a fire converter in one sword & a poison converter in the other (thus giving me both fire & poison DoT :)).

Socketing damage converters, however, makes Open Wounds mods do less damage (as it takes a % of your physical damage) & that's the other choice for RI...

Other than the decision over that mod, I'd probably go for Breach (chance to ignore armour) & Double Damage, I mean Shot (or should that be Double Schot? ;)).

Darting Assault:

Does the Reload mod have any effect on DA with a melee weapon? Ditto for the Rotate mod.

Forest Flight sounds useful to run up to monsters quickly.

2 Tactics Lore max

3 Dual Wield max

5 Concentration 1 point

8 NW Focus alternate points

12 CH Focus alternate points

18 Combat Reflexes alternate points

25 Armour Lore alternate points

35 NW Lore alternate points

50 Constitution/Combat Discipline/Spell Resist

65 Speed Lore? spare points if I'm having issues hitting, otherwise, pick another from Con/CD/SR

Tactics Lore

Concentration

Capricious Hunter Focus

Nature Weaver Focus

Nature Weaver Lore

Armor Lore

Dual Wielding

Constitution

Combat Reflexes

The only problem with that Put is that Armour Lore is a second tier skill, so you'd have to pick Combat Reflexes/Spell Resistance before Armour Lore.

I never said it was in the correct order now, did I? :)

Ravaged Impact:

I've got a question on the Envenom mod for Ravaged Impact, does it convert x% (50% at level 1?) of your physical damage to poison (so a 100 physical damage weapon would then do 50 physical & 50 poison), or does it add x% poison damage (like the fire/magic mods for Deathly Spears)? I'm assuming it's the former, but if that's true, doesn't it mean your damage is going to suck against poison resistance mobs? While I do like doing poison damage (well, the DoT), I'm not sure I'd like to always do poison damage, I was intending to socket a fire converter in one sword & a poison converter in the other (thus giving me both fire & poison DoT :)).

convert or add? I don't know. all I see is that the damage is split into physical and poison portion. anyway, if damage is mostly physical it's going to suck since almost every creature has mainly physical resistance. now, at level ~20 of RI the poison portion takes about 80%. sure, you naturally harm less poison resistant creatures when comparing to inflicting other elemental damage, but I anyway use combo of RI & DA and the second combat art does damage type od your weapon.

I've started to use edaphic lances...and boy, it does ultra damage to those big monsters. and I even don't have it modded yet. but in my opinion it is useful only on bosses.

EDIT: I recommend picking combat discipline. even if you're not going to use 3- or 4-art combo, RI and DA adds significant boost over your normal damage and thus CD will make even more remarkable increase

Edited by throndar

Heres what I been having funn with making besides my nature build :

http://www.xfire.com/video/87f34/

http://www.xfire.com/video/88a69/

My Kemikaze character ... R.I.p 6.

I only made 1 mistake on this eu remade char vs my us version level 32.

I took spell resistance and its bugged or well not working good.

And get riding skill and use class mount all time - DA hit alot better on mount.

Some pics of the skills and specs on my event char EU :

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/nat...f6be27278fd.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/nat...5385b9e7a2e.png

http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/nat...f2af3767f64.png

I could use detheyas or other set, but that will prob come in time :)

P.S. Ancient bark makes fire and traps hurt- my level 76 ...Naturist got whacked by 2 trap throwing Tg in end chapter.

Get fire detrimental, or hope they fix spell-resistance skill

Edited by D-molisher

Thanks for the screenshots Dmol, I've just noticed, you've not taken Armour Lore? Why not? I know that you're getting a nice big bonus to resists from modded Ancient Bark, but why not take Armour Lore for the effect on regen (& being able to use heavier armour)?

Thanks for the screenshots Dmol, I've just noticed, you've not taken Armour Lore? Why not? I know that you're getting a nice big bonus to resists from modded Ancient Bark, but why not take Armour Lore for the effect on regen (& being able to use heavier armour)?

I will - but took the bugged spell resistance ( waisted a skill on it he he ). So the last skill is armor lore.

This is the build for you without errors & the way for my US version level 42 now :

Capricous hunter focus - MAX

Concentration - 1 point

Natureweaver focus - 31 points

Tactics - MAX

Dual wield - MAX

EP - 6 points

Combat reflexes

RIDING - Get it or you hit like a wet piece of bread. ( Max 6 monsters, unmounted close combat )

Armor lore

Sword weapons - 1 point , only to get sword bonus

Not needed points in:

Riding / combat reflexes / armor lore.

Depends on your play style.

But give riding points, you need it to hit 10 - 12 monsters when MOBBING ( without training ). Or rotten regen higher level :)

P.S: Why do peops try save me when I am mobbing in party, I want 20 monsters standing WERY close so I can hit them all :)

Edited by D-molisher
  • 2 months later...

I will - but took the bugged spell resistance ( waisted a skill on it he he ). So the last skill is armor lore.

This is the build for you without errors & the way for my US version level 42 now :

Capricous hunter focus - MAX

Concentration - 1 point

Natureweaver focus - 31 points

Tactics - MAX

Dual wield - MAX

EP - 6 points

Combat reflexes

RIDING - Get it or you hit like a wet piece of bread. ( Max 6 monsters, unmounted close combat )

Armor lore

Sword weapons - 1 point , only to get sword bonus

Not needed points in:

Riding / combat reflexes / armor lore.

Depends on your play style.

But give riding points, you need it to hit 10 - 12 monsters when MOBBING ( without training ). Or rotten regen higher level :bow:

P.S: Why do peops try save me when I am mobbing in party, I want 20 monsters standing WERY close so I can hit them all :crazy:

What are your mods for all your Combat Arts?

My friend made a melee dryad and she's an absolute beast at this game, she flaunts about it so much it's irritating. I've been trying to find a build I could use to finally 1-up her. She talks so much smack about being the best. She has a build for every class and TBH it gets annoying.

[

hmm where are the pictures in my 200 +++ pics on x-fire.....

looking

still looking

zzz

ah here:

Nature skills mods:

Woodoo skills mods:

Hunter skills mods:

Also try check my video thread or my main video folder in x-fire.

Got some nice videos there.

Good luck, and have super drops.

P.S. do mod bark as skill 3 for nature.

Do get armor lore , dont take spell resist first- or at all. It need maxed to work proberly.

P.P.S this are woodoo staffer- boss smatter / KAMI EVENT BUILD . Important to know - DO NOT DO POISON LORD OR JUNGLE ISLE LORD. tHEY KILL YOU EVERY TIME.

Edited by D-molisher