The Queen of Blades

since this is primarily a single aspect build. expert touch may help lower regens some. I don't know how much. if you plan on using Combat Arts from different aspects however expert touch may slow things down.

Thx, I don't really see a need for more skills from the other aspects.

Maybe Divine Protection.

This is the exact build I used about a year ago for my seraphim, but it was posted on gamefaqs. Everything is exactly the same as the guide from before, so I'm not sure if someone is copying you or vice-versa. It's a solid build though. She's a little short on armor, but besides that it's good.

Did they copy the actual text, or did they just post a build idea with these skills?

I can't be the only one that came up with this build, I bet some people used it without even knowing that I posted it :yay:

For bosses I liked using a combination of Deep Wounds weapons or magic damage to lower their hitpoints, and the rest just damage from gear. I never managed to find a one handed weapon with Life Leech, but I could use two-handed swords with it (though I can't say that they improved the kill speed, most bosses were going down rather fast anyway).

Everything is the same exactly. Formatting, pictures, paragraphs, and wording. I believe I used it from the sacred site about a year ago.

Giving this a try and level 19. What do you put in your socket slots? Are you adding combat runes and rings that add to the skill?

I have some + dual wield stuff, is this good to socket with?

This is the exact build I used about a year ago for my seraphim, but it was posted on gamefaqs. Everything is exactly the same as the guide from before, so I'm not sure if someone is copying you or vice-versa. It's a solid build though. She's a little short on armor, but besides that it's good.

Did they copy the actual text, or did they just post a build idea with these skills?

I can't be the only one that came up with this build, I bet some people used it without even knowing that I posted it :P

For bosses I liked using a combination of Deep Wounds weapons or magic damage to lower their hitpoints, and the rest just damage from gear. I never managed to find a one handed weapon with Life Leech, but I could use two-handed swords with it (though I can't say that they improved the kill speed, most bosses were going down rather fast anyway).

Everything is the same exactly. Formatting, pictures, paragraphs, and wording. I believe I used it from the sacred site about a year ago.

Goddamn hippies! :(

I remember only one person asking permission to post my stuff on his forum, and it wasn't for gamefaqs...

Giving this a try and level 19. What do you put in your socket slots? Are you adding combat runes and rings that add to the skill?

I have some + dual wield stuff, is this good to socket with?

I used rings and amulets with +All skills, +Combat Arts, + Damage, D, Deathblow and regen bonuses.

+Dual Wield jewelry by itself is not that useful, but if you are just starting it will help a lot. The speed and attack bonus it gives is really nice. Later you'll buy some +All skills bonuses that are far better.

As for Expert Touch, I think it could work nicely here. I don't use other Combat Arts a lot, only perhaps Nova for that magic damage once in a while.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good. I was just looking for a shopping char. So with this one you also get sets more easier?

How does this build act against tough bosses like Bloodclaw and Garganthropod or those from ice & blood? Some of the bosses are quite tough in melee.

Edited by candesco

Combat discipline is a good pick generally. However, if you find a Loki's Slicer legendary, it has "chance to disregard armor +%" based on sword weapons, which is a really big deal. Other uniques and rares also have very good modifiers that are unlocked by sword lore. If you feel like you can live without those, combat discipline is a good call.

thx for reply!

I`m still confused, but I need 23 levels to that final decision, so maybe things will clear up soon.

Another questions about skill points distribution:

My long-term goals (without bonuses OFC):

-------------------------- level 75 ------- further :)

Tactics Lore ------------- 10 ------------ +

Armor Lore --------------- 5 ------------- +

Dual Wield --------------- 75 end

Enhanced Perception -- 75 end

Bargaining --------------- 20 ---------- 75 end

Exalted Warrior Focus - 23 --------- 75 end

Combat Reflexes -------- 5 ---------- 75 end

Toughness --------------- 5 ------------ +++

Constitution ------------ 75 end

Sword Weapons /

Combat Discipline ------ 1 end

Any comments? :)

Well... Armor Lore and Constitution must be maxed by level 75. You have 1 more skill to master till then and 1 more till level 80. The way you have it, you should master armor lore by 82-85. You'll be fine I think.

thx for reply!

I`m still confused, but I need 23 levels to that final decision, so maybe things will clear up soon.

Another questions about skill points distribution:

My long-term goals (without bonuses OFC):

-------------------------- level 75 ------- further :)

Tactics Lore ------------- 10 ------------ +

Armor Lore --------------- 5 ------------- +

Dual Wield --------------- 75 end

Enhanced Perception -- 75 end

Bargaining --------------- 20 ---------- 75 end

Exalted Warrior Focus - 23 --------- 75 end

Combat Reflexes -------- 5 ---------- 75 end

Toughness --------------- 5 ------------ +++

Constitution ------------ 75 end

Sword Weapons /

Combat Discipline ------ 1 end

Any comments? :)

Mastering enhanced Perception is good, but not really necessary for the build. with +all skills you will have a very high Enhanced Perception without mastery. Armor mastery + Toughness mastery would be nice to have by the time you start Niob. Tactics lore mastery is gonna really boost your damage. Combat reflex mastery is o.k. but again with +all skills that one could wait till later too. Having dual wield master doesn't really offer that much IMO. watch your Attack Speed and Execution speed. When they hit 150 you don't need anymore points in Dual Wield.(again with + All skills you will reach 150 attack speed way before mastery)

So I am with Dobri on Armor Lore and Constitution first for survivability

Masteries

1. Constitution- put all points here until it is at level and stop at 75

2. Armor Lore- once Constitution is at level put rest here until its at level and stop at 75

3. Tactics Lore- same idea here any extra points here until 75

4. Bargaining- this one can get a huge bump from +all skills

5. Exalted Warrior Focus

6. Toughness- combined with armor lore master this mastery gives you huge defense

Then what ever blows your bubble after that. :-)

I read somewhere in here someone saying they read 10 runes in battle stance because their regen times were so low it wouldn't really hurt them.

What do you think about that Antitrust? I mean My regen time is 0.2 and the animation time for Pelting strikes is around 2.5-3 seconds suggested regen time Should I read a few runes in order to get a boost in my damage defense and AR? I mean I know gear later could be switched around and without my +68 all skills swords I'm running now my Regen time will go up if I were to use some different ones..but I don't know if I should stick with level 1 battle stance or at least read a few runes?

When I don't run any + Skills at all on my swords it still only jumps my regen time to less than 1.0 Seconds...and the animation can't even finish till 1.5-2 seconds later if I'm not mistaken..So read some runes?

/E: Character level at the moment is 130, EWF is at mastery.

Also Did I screw up by not keeping Dual Wielding and Enhanced Perception / Tactics lore at my own level? Instead I ended up going for 75 in almost all skills except Sword Weapons, and Enhanced Perception / Armor Lore I do believe...More of a balanced thing...

And assuming I didn't what would you pump from this point on? my level 80 Dual Wielding, 80 Tactics Lore, or my abysmal 30 something enhanced perception and even lower armor lore?

Edited by Cynical-Sama
Mastering enhanced Perception is good, but not really necessary for the build. with +all skills you will have a very high Enhanced Perception without mastery. Armor mastery + Toughness mastery would be nice to have by the time you start Niob. Tactics lore mastery is gonna really boost your damage. Combat reflex mastery is o.k. but again with +all skills that one could wait till later too. Having dual wield master doesn't really offer that much IMO. watch your Attack Speed and Execution speed. When they hit 150 you don't need anymore points in Dual Wield.(again with + All skills you will reach 150 attack speed way before mastery)

Masteries

2. Armor Lore- once Constitution is at level put rest here until its at level and stop at 75

5. Exalted Warrior Focus

6. Toughness- combined with armor lore master this mastery gives you huge defense

Ok - I get it!

But:

1. the only reason I choose Enhanced Perception is to get that Find Valuables+180% bonus at level 75, so IMO (sacred semi-noob) it`s wise to pump this skill to 75 ASAP, because before that - Enhanced Perception is "useless" OR I need armor part/ring/amulet with Find Valuables+X% (dependent on Enhanced Perception)?

2. I want Dual Wield Mastery for that +20% chance for double hit;

3. I`m worried about low Bargaining - low skill level / char level = decreased quality/chance of items in shops at higher char levels? or not true?

I read somewhere in here someone saying they read 10 runes in battle stance because their regen times were so low it wouldn't really hurt them.

What do you think about that Antitrust? I mean My regen time is 0.2 and the animation time for Pelting strikes is around 2.5-3 seconds suggested regen time Should I read a few runes in order to get a boost in my damage defense and AR? I mean I know gear later could be switched around and without my +68 all skills swords I'm running now my Regen time will go up if I were to use some different ones..but I don't know if I should stick with level 1 battle stance or at least read a few runes?

When I don't run any + Skills at all on my swords it still only jumps my regen time to less than 1.0 Seconds...and the animation can't even finish till 1.5-2 seconds later if I'm not mistaken..So read some runes?

Also Did I screw up by not keeping Dual Wielding and Enhanced Perception / Tactics lore at my own level? Instead I ended up going for 75 in almost all skills except Sword Weapons, and Enhanced Perception / Armor Lore I do believe...More of a balanced thing...

And assuming I didn't what would you pump from this point on? my level 80 Dual Wielding, 80 Tactics Lore, or my abysmal 30 something enhanced perception and even lower armor lore?

Wow! you made it to level 130 with only 1 rune in Battle Stance? Nice job

As you pointed out the animation time on Pelting is 2-3 seconds so there is no benefit to having your regen lower than that. and I would highly recommend reading runes into Battle Stance. and at this point you could eat a hundred of them I bet. What Mods did you choose on battle stance?

With about 2.0s RpH you could take Pelting regen to 5 seconds and still be ok. that will let you get all the benefit of Battle Stance. Start with 10 runes at a time. I always had to reset the server on Console to see the true change that reading runes did.

Masteries

5. Exalted Warrior Focus

Ok - I get it!

But:

1. the only reason I choose Enhanced Perception is to get that Find Valuables+180% bonus at level 75, so IMO (sacred semi-noob) it`s wise to pump this skill to 75 ASAP, because before that - Enhanced Perception is "useless" OR I need armor part/ring/amulet with Find Valuables+X% (dependent on Enhanced Perception)?

2. I want Dual Wield Mastery for that +20% chance for double hit;

3. I`m worried about low Bargaining - low skill level / char level = decreased quality/chance of items in shops at higher char levels? or not true?

I understand about the Enhanced Perception. But Survivability, Fast Kills go along way towards finding good drops. Enhanced Perception helps ,but like I said I usually just use 5 points to unlock Bargaining. then let +all skills boost the Enhanced Perception. (As a side note- my level 152 seraphim is a treasure hound. she finds uniques and gold like there is no tomorrow- I have no Enhanced Perception and no rings or amys with chance to find valuables. I can only imagine what I would have to sell off to make room in her chest if I did)

Tactics lore master gives double damage at level 30 and triple damage with mastery at level 85 so thats 100% chance to double damage vs 20% chance for double hit.

As for Bargaining you will need about 300 points of bargaining at level 100 to find mostly 3-star items. so no matter how much you pump the hard points you will need to boost it with + all skills anyway. with it at the 4th mastery you should have it at mastery somewhere around level 100 any way

Heh - soooo, overall - pumping Enhanced Perception (over 5) and Bargain (over 1) a is a waste in long run?

No not a waste at all. if its your first char and you have an empty chest, pumping bargaining early is probably a good idea. Enhanced Perception can help hunting for legendary and unique items but you won't be farming bosses until later levels anyway. the best gear is found on Niob. and until you can kill monsters 30 levels above you, you won't be going there. That's why I emphasize damage and defense early and utility at level 75 and up.

As you pointed out the animation time on Pelting is 2-3 seconds so there is no benefit to having your regen lower than that. and I would highly recommend reading runes into Battle Stance. and at this point you could eat a hundred of them I bet. What Mods did you choose on battle stance?

With about 2.0s RpH you could take Pelting regen to 5 seconds and still be ok. that will let you get all the benefit of Battle Stance. Start with 10 runes at a time. I always had to reset the server on Console to see the true change that reading runes did.

Thank you very much =) I did yes I'll put some in it today, just two things I wanna ask really I had had NO sleep last night or else my post would of been a lot cleaner and clearer

RPH = Regen Per Hit? And whats the best way to get RPH onto your character I'd assume Rings or amulets? and at my level whats a good amount to look for on a single item?

The other thing is going to require me typing out a list of my current skill levels, Because I wanted to ask your opinion on what my points should go into from this point forward for a while...I don't think Survivability is really going to be a problem so I personally was leaning toward Enhanced Perception.

76 Tactics Mastery

10 Armor Lore

75 Dual Wield

24 Enhanced Perception

75 Bargaining

75 Exalted Warrior Focus (Kinda wish I hadn't done this and had invested more into Enhanced Perception or Armor Lore)

80 Combat Reflexes

80 Toughness

75 Constitution

1 Sword Weapons

One more thing, Should I eat a TON of runes in Soul Hammer? I fully modded it with mods that would be beneficial for using it to inflict Open Wounds / Deep Wounds at the beginning of a boss battle. I mean I see no use in using it over Pelting since the damage is very similar if I don't just absolutely Pour runes into it to make it a "Boss Only" Type attack. But I'm open to suggestions its also level 1 atm

Thank you very much =) I did yes I'll put some in it today, just two things I wanna ask really I had had NO sleep last night or else my post would of been a lot cleaner and clearer

RPH = Regen Per Hit? And whats the best way to get RPH onto your character I'd assume Rings or amulets? and at my level whats a good amount to look for on a single item?

The other thing is going to require me typing out a list of my current skill levels, Because I wanted to ask your opinion on what my points should go into from this point forward for a while...I don't think Survivability is really going to be a problem so I personally was leaning toward Enhanced Perception.

76 Tactics Mastery

10 Armor Lore

75 Dual Wield

24 Enhanced Perception

75 Bargaining

75 Exalted Warrior Focus (Kinda wish I hadn't done this and had invested more into Enhanced Perception or Armor Lore)

80 Combat Reflexes

80 Toughness

75 Constitution

1 Sword Weapons

One more thing, Should I eat a TON of runes in Soul Hammer? I fully modded it with mods that would be beneficial for using it to inflict Open Wounds / Deep Wounds at the beginning of a boss battle. I mean I see no use in using it over Pelting since the damage is very similar if I don't just absolutely Pour runes into it to make it a "Boss Only" Type attack. But I'm open to suggestions its also level 1 atm

RpH is Regen per hit yes. and at level 130 you should be able to buy rings in niob with good secondaries for 2.0s easy so only 1 is needed since you get 2 hits with dual swords.

I used Soul hammer for bosses only. if you have RpH you can read into it until you are at a net zero Regen. so she swings it continuously against the bosses. and Spectral Hand does more damage than PS at equally levels. But with Battle stance modded for aggression and as many runes as your regens can handle and you will easily see your damage start to double. add this to a modded Spectral Hand and you can deal some seriously high damage.

Wear you are in levels I would say Enhanced Perception and armor both. you can live without the armor by socketing 1 or 2 Blacksmith arts for armor/defense. in Niob I use the smith at the wastelands port. he will have the highest smith level of anyone in the game. and if you want really/really good bargaining, raise it to character level and create a set of armor with dual Officer sabers and socket nothing but +10 all skills. and if you can find the illuminated skys set it has a ton of bargaining bonuses in it already. but +260 all skills with 75 bargaining is still nice. but my level 126 had 409 bargaining and I could find very nice stuff at merchants.

76 Tactics Mastery

10 Armor Lore

75 Dual Wield

24 Enhanced Perception

75 Bargaining

80 Combat Reflexes

80 Toughness

75 Constitution

1 Sword Weapons

RpH is Regen per hit yes. and at level 130 you should be able to buy rings in niob with good secondaries for 2.0s easy so only 1 is needed since you get 2 hits with dual swords.

I used Soul hammer for bosses only. if you have RpH you can read into it until you are at a net zero Regen. so she swings it continuously against the bosses. and Spectral Hand does more damage than PS at equally levels. But with Battle stance modded for aggression and as many runes as your regens can handle and you will easily see your damage start to double. add this to a modded Spectral Hand and you can deal some seriously high damage.

Wear you are in levels I would say Enhanced Perception and armor both. you can live without the armor by socketing 1 or 2 Blacksmith arts for armor/defense. in Niob I use the smith at the wastelands port. he will have the highest smith level of anyone in the game. and if you want really/really good bargaining, raise it to character level and create a set of armor with dual Officer sabers and socket nothing but +10 all skills. and if you can find the illuminated skys set it has a ton of bargaining bonuses in it already. but +260 all skills with 75 bargaining is still nice. but my level 126 had 409 bargaining and I could find very nice stuff at merchants.

I think since I switched out my relics to current level ones...I have around 387 or so Barganing with just my regular gear on and some + all skill sabers =)

and its only 75 so its all good.

I'll have to look at whatever spectral hand is because I think I entirely ignored whatever it is and Really...I was just testing out on platinum and nothing late game can really cause me to pot the only thing that could cause me problems would be bosses I think...Haven't been to niob yet So I'm hoping it won't kick my ass too bad though stuff in Platinum did a fair bit more damage than I expected (as much as the final bosses on gold from some champion mobs) I think it'll be easily handled and that I'll find a way to manage in niob till I can get some new swords.

I think I'm going to focus on Enhanced Perception till its hit 75 then I'll work fully on armor lore =) after that I'll find some kinda balance.

76 Tactics Mastery

10 Armor Lore

75 Dual Wield

24 Enhanced Perception

75 Bargaining

80 Combat Reflexes

80 Toughness

75 Constitution

1 Sword Weapons

I think since I switched out my relics to current level ones...I have around 387 or so Barganing with just my regular gear on and some + all skill sabers =)

and its only 75 so its all good.

I'll have to look at whatever spectral hand is because I think I entirely ignored whatever it is and Really...I was just testing out on platinum and nothing late game can really cause me to pot the only thing that could cause me problems would be bosses I think...Haven't been to niob yet So I'm hoping it won't kick my ass too bad though stuff in Platinum did a fair bit more damage than I expected (as much as the final bosses on gold from some champion mobs) I think it'll be easily handled and that I'll find a way to manage in niob till I can get some new swords.

I think I'm going to focus on Enhanced Perception till its hit 75 then I'll work fully on armor lore =) after that I'll find some kinda balance.

Sorry the autocomplete got me

I meant soul hammer

What would you guys do if you had already got mastery in every single skill but sword lore (still level 1)

As anti-trust never made any point to say if points should be put into Sword Lore or not, or if it just needed 1 in order to unlock bonuses on weapons?

If not what skill would you guys take past 80? Dual Wielding / Tactics and Bargaining?

Ofc I realize only two can be kept at character level and all else 75...Since I have a few 80's and a 76 one can't even be kept at char level.

So which 2 should it be? Will taking bargaining any farther really increase its return enough to be worth it? If not I'd probably be better off just taking my two damage skills as high as they'll go.

Edited by Cynical-Sama

If I am to choose the order of masteries, I would do it like this:

3 masteries by level 75:

- bargaining (if it's your first char)

- armor lore

- constitution

4th mastery by level 78-80:

- tactics lore

5th around level 93-95:

- Toughness

with these masteries you've just improved survivability and damage before reaching platinum. A decent amount of + all skills should take care of the rest for now.

6th around level 108-110:

- Exalted Warrior Focus (for better buff early in platinum)

7th around level 123-125:

- Dual Wield

8th around level 138-140:

- Combat reflexes (to have some extra protection for niobium)

9th around level 153-155:

- Enhanced Perception (can go very far with + all skills only, can even be skipped)

10th aroud level 168-170:

- sword weapons or whatever you picked last