3 masteries by level 75:

- bargaining (if it's your first char)

- armor lore

- constitution

4th mastery by level 78-80:

- tactics lore

5th around level 93-95:

- Toughness

with these masteries you've just improved survivability and damage before reaching platinum. A decent amount of + all skills should take care of the rest for now.

6th around level 108-110:

- Exalted Warrior Focus (for better buff early in platinum)

7th around level 123-125:

- Dual Wield

8th around level 138-140:

- Combat reflexes (to have some extra protection for niobium)

9th around level 153-155:

- Enhanced Perception (can go very far with + all skills only, can even be skipped)

10th aroud level 168-170:

- sword weapons or whatever you picked last

What is the justifiable reason for maxing Sword weapons instead of leaving it level 1? Just wondering, and what two skills would you decide to go past mastery for? I mean what two would you attempt to keep at character level?

The reason is simple - some rare weapons may well outmatch the unique ones in sheer usefulness. With a good shopper and a certain amount of patience, you will probably be running heavy on rare offensive items than unique ones. Past level 75, many one-handed swords have modifiers based on sword lore mastery. How about a chance to crit based on sword lore mastery? Or a chance to disregard armor based on that? Or opponent's armor (type) -% based on sword lore mastery? There are many modifiers that can only be unlocked by sword lore or sword lore mastery.

As for which 2... In this build bargaining is one of them (after I master every other skill I need), the other one is up to you. Exalted focus is not a bad idea to be the second one, because it beats the vast diminishing returns of all other skills by improving the max level of your battle stance buff, which in term improves damage, ark/def value, evade and close combat reflect.

Gonna to quote my own post, since no one has answered.

Looks good. I was just looking for a shopping char. So with this one you also get sets more easier?

How does this build act against tough bosses like Bloodclaw and Garganthropod or those from ice & blood? Some of the bosses are quite tough in melee.

So far I have grabbed 2 set pieces; one is legguards of the benevolence and the other is for the dragon mage (draagen's helmet of mental might)

The draagen one fetched near Twainbrook, the other at benny's corn circles. Also fetched some unique ones, like testa's annihilator, thain's axe, zardonn's pulverizer, ring of the winds and begulor's sparkles.

I'm level 23 at the moment. I have the feeling that Bargaining is a waste and is only useful at the early stages. I find more powerfull items when looting kobolds and undead and I don't shop that often.

I also got tons of runes.

I have only one more question I think, But for the life of me now that Its come time to actually post it I can't remember >_<;;

Oh wait I GOT IT!

Battle Stance Vs Pelting Strikes

What should the eaten run ratio be?

Or should there even be a ratio? Should it just possibly only be eating Stance runes because pelting isn't worth eating runes in?

Because obviously if I eat too many stance runes to get my regen time up to the limit then I have no room to eat pelting strikes runes as it will raise my regen above 2.5

So how should I fix my ratio of Battle Stance Vs Pelting runes eaten...and one more thing, Do you guys still count like runes that give +6 to a skill still just one rune eaten? or would you consider it as the equivalent of 6 +1 runes when doing calculations?

Using Regeneration Per Hit(RPH) items allows you to eat plenty of runes, so I would say boost up Battle Stance as high as possible and use RPH to counter the regen penalties.

I have only one more question I think, But for the life of me now that Its come time to actually post it I can't remember >_<;;

Oh wait I GOT IT!

Battle Stance Vs Pelting Strikes

What should the eaten run ratio be?

Or should there even be a ratio? Should it just possibly only be eating Stance runes because pelting isn't worth eating runes in?

Because obviously if I eat too many stance runes to get my regen time up to the limit then I have no room to eat pelting strikes runes as it will raise my regen above 2.5

So how should I fix my ratio of Battle Stance Vs Pelting runes eaten...and one more thing, Do you guys still count like runes that give +6 to a skill still just one rune eaten? or would you consider it as the equivalent of 6 +1 runes when doing calculations?

I agree with spunky.

if your not sure take a look at the Exalted warrior focus skill. what is the focus level? or combat art level without penalty. read Battle stance to that level. then look at your pelting strike regen. adjust with RpH until pelting will cycle continuously. if you are at focus level with battle stance and pelting is cycling fast enough then add to pelting 1 rune at a time. every time you go up a character level or add points to the focus you can add another battle stance first, then check regens before adding to pelting.

adding to pelting is not a bad thing, but the benefits from Battle stance (damage, attack and defense value, chance to evade, chance to reflect) are more valuable per rune than pelting is IMO.

Using Regeneration Per Hit(RPH) items allows you to eat plenty of runes, so I would say boost up Battle Stance as high as possible and use RPH to counter the regen penalties.

Until I can find some better legendarys, I'm probably going to run some Dual Boneslicers w/ Death Blow rings =)

So If you recall the mods on those its chance to halve regeneration time +28% each...I don't know if they stack with penalties or not but even if they don't that'll sure help =)

Darnit, it keeps changing when I Say deathblow to demonic blow lol

Edited by Cynical-Sama

RPH doesn't need to be on the weapon to have it's effect, socket them into any armor/weapon piece or equip it in one of your ring slots.

You should see great improvements with even 0.2 RPH as Pelting Strikes delievers quite alot of attacks when dual wielding.

RPH doesn't need to be on the weapon to have it's effect, socket them into any armor/weapon piece or equip it in one of your ring slots.

You should see great improvements with even 0.2 RPH as Pelting Strikes delievers quite alot of attacks when dual wielding.

Well, I'm aware I'm just saying it'll be a helpful mod if I were to for reason not want to use a RPH ring (Like now where I have no use for it...Since my regen time is only 0.1 Second anyway)

• 3 weeks later...

Working on this, level 35 in silver right now.

What mods are best on weapons? I just grabbed one with % deathblow and that seems to work well. Is top end damage best or should I give up some damage for a particular mod?

• 2 months later...

This build works in Ice and Blood as well, but it requires some tweaking to make up for the changes. I'll list my own tweaks, everyone can make their own :sigh:

1. Combat Reflexes is replaced by Spell resistance - due to the LL death problem mainly, but it also help a lot when doing boss runs. Since you don't have warding energy to mod for CA reflect, this will have to do.

2. Sword Weapons or Dual Wield is replaced by Speed Lore. I know many people shun it, but I love it. It gives a free boost to atk/def value, which lets me wear the celestial set for LL% bonus without much penalty to both ratings. Combat discipline also works, but eventually you'll find a decent two-hander or a Kal'Dur's Legacy with Life leech. In addition to that, any weapon can be used with minimal speed problems as long as dashing is up and running, so that is not a problem.

3. Battle Stance is modded for evasion rather than Drill (less penalty) so that it partly replaces the Combat reflexes skill. Drill is not needed that much because now in Ice and Blood you can play with expert touch.

The rest is pretty much the same.

so I just hit 65 last night and took sword lore.

iirc I'm sitting with the following:

tactics 20

armor lore 29

dual wield 26

enhanced perception 28

bargaining 65

EWF 46

combat reflexes ?

toughness 5

constitution 20

sword lore 1

as soon as I took sword lore it was at 82.

I've read 30 into Battle Stance and I think 5 into pelting strikes. my biggest struggle is always figuring out how many runes to read but I've been keeping my PS regen down near 3.0, also running 0.7RpH.

it's a fun build so far, I've been in platinum for a few levels, Kobold Chieftain and Griffon took a while to kill but I'm good with that for now. I think the plan will be to keep bargaining at level until 75 and dump 2 into EWF and either armor lore or dual wield.

my other big problem is cleaning out my inventory...stinkin chest is full. need to figure out what to dump runes into to help clear space...(also need to figure out what I have for set items to see if I have a full set of anything yet)

It's a great character for MF, but mine variant is more like;

tactics

exalted

sword lore

armor lore

constitution

toughness

combat reflex

spell resistance

shield lore

EP

Swap a defensive for bargaining if you don't have a trader yet.

Or swap shield lore, and take a 2h weapon type for LL%, which just leaves you an extra skill for trading.

As Dobri also states, trade the regen mods on things for better effects in the expansion, as with expert touch and regeneration per hit, there is no need for regen mods.

Cheers,

It's the most popular build ever written for Sacred 2

When first published, there was no other build written that was as much fun to read, made sense and was able to empower players with so many super powers.

Ice and Blood has come out, and has changed a lot of the basics of the game, but it will not take away from the impact this build made when the game was first released, and the buzz it created when Antitrust published it.

You should consider writing your own updated build for Ice and Blood r00ster...with how you would spec it and your reasons why with the new weps, this could be a very helpful guide for the community.

cheers

;)

gogo

I.e. If you dual, all the bonuses (attack speed, attack rating) from having sword lore are not used (when you dual wield).

Sure, you get a few weapon bonuses on some items, but with things like Kaldurs, etc, there is no need.

Cheers,

It's the most popular build ever written for Sacred 2

When first published, there was no other build written that was as much fun to read, made sense and was able to empower players with so many super powers.

Ice and Blood has come out, and has changed a lot of the basics of the game, but it will not take away from the impact this build made when the game was first released, and the buzz it created when Antitrust published it.

You should consider writing your own updated build for Ice and Blood r00ster...with how you would spec it and your reasons why with the new weps, this could be a very helpful guide for the community.

cheers

;)

gogo

Ha, yeah you are quite right gogo.

It's like, I looked back on the gladiator guide I did in Sacred 1... good grief, some of the things, what was I thinking? lol.

The guide itself written is terrific (this guide, not mine), I just never understoon two lores, as sacred 1 drove that point home in spades.

I did recently write a 'somewhat' guide, I don't think specific character guides apply as much to sacred 2 as they did to sacred 1 though.

Sacred 2 seems very easy to make a build, it's more on which mods to choose and a few essential mods in smithing.

The super power that is 'barganing' changed the game completely. In S1, we had to find everything, so min/maxing was in a sense much more important, where here, you can just buy all the best mods for the most, so changning as needed is simple. We couldn't do that in s1, if a build failed in an area, it was usually time to remake the character, not just shop the solution.

Like, make a character, take a Lore and Focus, take a weapon lore if your going to use a weapon, take defensive skills, take EP/trading if you don't have a trader.

I really believe the 'build' part is that easy for the most. It does allow more flexibility, but lessens the impact of really 'upgrading by leveling' factor. I can have a super power character by level 20 with trade and forge skills now.

Cheers,

Edited by r00ster
  • 3 weeks later...

Hit 75 with this build last night (twice as my PS3 decided to freeze about 2 minutes after getting it the first time...lost a nice officers saber because of it too...and that was the first of two freezeups last night).

EWF and Bargaining are at 75. EWF will stay there, working on armor lore and dual wield next, then constitution I think...

• 1 month later...
ok, so at level 85, my PS regen is 1.3 with 5 runes memorized (level 19 overall), my SH regen is 1.2, same 5 and 19 as PS, BS is at level 64 with 50 memorized...I've got a ton of runes saved, just not sure what to use.

I'd read a few Pelting Strike runes, since that regen time leaves some room for more :)

Exalted seraphims I've made never ate a lot of runes, I remember always giving tons of them away to other players :)

Added a link to above posts that discuss Ice and Blood tweaks

ok, so at level 85, my PS regen is 1.3 with 5 runes memorized (level 19 overall), my SH regen is 1.2, same 5 and 19 as PS, BS is at level 64 with 50 memorized...I've got a ton of runes saved, just not sure what to use.

I'd read a few Pelting Strike runes, since that regen time leaves some room for more :)

Exalted seraphims I've made never ate a lot of runes, I remember always giving tons of them away to other players :)

Added a link to above posts that discuss Ice and Blood tweaks

thats what I was thinking. I've been hoarding runes for too long, takes a while when I switch to the runes tab in my community stash and I have to wait a few seconds after clicking to transfer one to my inventory.

• 1 month later...

Some of you might be already familiar with my Dual Wield seraphim. Here's yet another one Dual Wield build :) A much more powerful yet simpler version, this seraphim can wipe the floor with any monster or boss.

Build concept: Dual Wield seraphim with Sword Weapons skill and Bargaining. Aka "how to be overpowered without relying on bugs or exploits".

The distribution of skill points depends on your personal preferences, but skills that should be mastered asap are Dual Wield (your main skill), Constitution and possibly Enhanced Perception. You might also want to invest heavily in Exalted Warrior Focus in order to modify and use high-level Combat Arts, so keep that in mind.

Hi everyone.

I would like to do this build for FA 2.40 and I have some questions about distribution points and masteries.

Antitrust made some good arguments for Sword Lore and Dual Wield, but only if you put 1 point to Dual Wield and Master 75 in Sword Weaspon. (1 point unlocks Sword Lore, but many points scale them up.) Whereas this build suggests to pump DW up and master Level 75 in Dual Wield. My question is how to distribute points between DW and SW Lore and which one to master?

As the text says when you splitting points between Tactics Lore and EWF for modification purposes you might want to invest heavily in Exalted Warrior Focus in order to modify and use High-Levelé CAs which is rather important for this build. My question is: could I Master EWF asap and not to put much points into Tactics Lore or keep them at equal level?

As for the masteries I want to master them as follows:

1. Constitution (For more HP)

2. Tactics Lore (For more damage)

3. EP (For getting better uniques)

4. Armor Lore (For more defence)

5. EWF (For using high CAs level)

6. Bargaining (For the first 60 level I just put 20 point into it and pump it later.)

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Edited by locolagarto
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.

I would like to do this build for FA 2.40 and I have some questions about distribution points and masteries.

Antitrust made some good arguments for Sword Lore and Dual Wield, but only if you put 1 point to Dual Wield and Master 75 in Sword Weaspon. (1 point unlocks Sword Lore, but many points scale them up.) Whereas this build suggests to pump DW up and master Level 75 in Dual Wield. My question is how to distribute points between DW and SW Lore and which one to master?

As the text says when you splitting points between Tactics Lore and EWF for modification purposes you might want to invest heavily in Exalted Warrior Focus in order to modify and use High-Levelé CAs which is rather important for this build. My question is: could I Master EWF asap and not to put much points into Tactics Lore or keep them at equal level?

As for the masteries I want to master them as follows:

1. Constitution (For more HP)

2. Tactics Lore (For more damage)

3. EP (For getting better uniques)

4. Armor Lore (For more defence)

5. EWF (For using high CAs level)

6. Bargaining (For the first 60 level I just put 20 point into it and pump it later.)

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Sorry, didn't notice it till now.

Personally, I went for 75 Dual Wield, and 75 Sword Weapons. It can be just as viable to put 1 point in Dual Wield and 75 in SW, as there is no shortage of skill bonuses in that game version, and people say that Double-Hit from Dual Wield mastery only works for regular attacks.

Or was the 2.40 the version the one with soft masteries? Can't remember :unsure: In that case it simply wouldn't matter that much.

Regarding Exalted Focus vs Tactics Lore, you could spend about 20-25 points in Tactics, and master Exalted Warrior asap. I find it's a lot easier to get more damage, than it is to get more regeneration at early levels, so that's why I give lower priority to Tactics Lore.

Yeah, may I say.. What a fantastic guide. Thumbs up. I was just about to make a DW inquisitor or a DW SW but you've tilted me towards DW seraphim. I've not exactly followed your full guide as I've not taken sword lore (going to see what its like without it) and I've went with rev tech focus instead, I've took concentration to run battle stance and warding energy buff & I've also took warding energy skill to. I'm ps3 user so it's easy for me to get higher damage. I'm 35 at the minute and my regen times are perfect and so far I don't think I've saw my hp go down at all!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure this has been covered, but I was unsuccessful in my search... BUT...

Am I to understand that Dual Wield trumps Sword Weapons if you are using two weapons? Sword only applies when you have a single sword equipped (or Hafted if you only have a single mace etc equipped?)

I currently have a lev 50 Seraphim with a 50 sword and 30 DW who has a Captain's Sabre (? I think that's the name) and a Ker's (something, memory fails... getting older... but it's a mace) equipped.

Thanks for any clarification!

LN

I'm sure this has been covered, but I was unsuccessful in my search... BUT...

Am I to understand that Dual Wield trumps Sword Weapons if you are using two weapons? Sword only applies when you have a single sword equipped (or Hafted if you only have a single mace etc equipped?)

I currently have a lev 50 Seraphim with a 50 sword and 30 DW who has a Captain's Sabre (? I think that's the name) and a Ker's (something, memory fails... getting older... but it's a mace) equipped.

Thanks for any clarification!

LN

The issue with DW and Sword weapons is that they don't stack. You are better off investing in DW - You will see some people who use DW possibly take Sword weapons as a throwaway skill and only add a point into it to unlock the various Sword Weapon modifiers on a lot of swords but that is the only reason to have both skills.