Farmer Schot's Guide to Growing Lvl 20 Sets

I've farmed the Griffin for a while with a 50 Shadow Warrior (Huge chance that set drops are of the same class of the farmer. Guess it's a game mechanic) and managed to dress my level 12 wannabe Astral Lord in a full Lucreti's.

Pic :)

fulllucreti.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I could use some help on finding set items. I've been farming the griffin and boar on bronze and I've been getting level 20 set items like I should be, but haven't been able to find any that are related to the aspects. Is there a certain level toon I should be using? I've been doing it with a level 73 HE Pyro.

Also, I'm kind of stuck with toons that are too squishy. Was playing online one day and someone gave me a modded ring that gives insane experience returns, it's obviously hacked. Well, I was all noob and went a little too happy with it. Now I have a bunch of high level toons with very low level gear and I'm finding it hard to get the gear I need.

Anyways, there are a few builds I would like to try: Pure caster Inquisitor, Devout Guardian Temple Guardian based on Deathly Spears, Pure caster Seraphim, and a better version of my Pyro HE. Before I start these toons I would like to have set items for them to wear at different level intervals with +all skills socketed. If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated, I play on XBox, my gamertag is xVTKx.

Also, for shoppers, I have a level 2 HE and a level 10 HE both in NIOB. I've been trying to get +all skills with my seraphim, who is level 169, but she is very squishy for NIOB, due to low level gear, and her bargaining skill is maxed for her level. Just don't have the proper bonuses in her gear to get all 2 star shop items yet. Again, any help would be appreciated, I've found myself stuck in a rut for being a noob. Thank you.

So, I could use some help on finding set items. I've been farming the griffin and boar on bronze and I've been getting level 20 set items like I should be, but haven't been able to find any that are related to the aspects. Is there a certain level toon I should be using? I've been doing it with a level 73 HE Pyro.

Also, I'm kind of stuck with toons that are too squishy. Was playing online one day and someone gave me a modded ring that gives insane experience returns, it's obviously hacked. Well, I was all noob and went a little too happy with it. Now I have a bunch of high level toons with very low level gear and I'm finding it hard to get the gear I need.

Anyways, there are a few builds I would like to try: Pure caster Inquisitor, Devout Guardian Temple Guardian based on Deathly Spears, Pure caster Seraphim, and a better version of my Pyro HE. Before I start these toons I would like to have set items for them to wear at different level intervals with +all skills socketed. If anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated, I play on XBox, my gamertag is xVTKx.

Also, for shoppers, I have a level 2 HE and a level 10 HE both in NIOB. I've been trying to get +all skills with my seraphim, who is level 169, but she is very squishy for NIOB, due to low level gear, and her bargaining skill is maxed for her level. Just don't have the proper bonuses in her gear to get all 2 star shop items yet. Again, any help would be appreciated, I've found myself stuck in a rut for being a noob. Thank you.

Welcome to Dark Matters boards, xVTKx! I can offer some advice, but I don't play online so cannot hook up to help with your sets.

There are campaign bosses (the ones you must fight along the campaign) and mini-bosses (not fought as part of the campaign). Mini-bosses (like the Griffin and the Boar) will drop the non-aspect set pieces, and the campaign bosses (Gar'Colossus and Octogolomous, etc) drop aspect-related sets.

Hrm... hacked items are extremely taboo here, and my only advice would be to try to trade for pieces you want/need to help your squishy toons... but I think if you just start a new toon and play without it - you will have a much easier time keeping your gear matched to your level.

You mentioned a few builds you want to try, I suggest fitting the Bargaining skill into those toons, you shouldn't have to rely on trading to get the gear you need to play and have fun (ie not dying every 5 seconds).

I do feel sorry you've "painted yourself into a corner" so to speak by using that ring... and we would be more than happy to offer advice if you need... just start a new thread (lol, did I ever de-rail with this post, sorry Schot) and there is the console trading zone you can post your wants/haves for other Dark Matters members/lurkers to see.

Edited by essjayehm

The character level should not really matter, as long as they can one-shot the mini boss. I killed the White Griffin a number of times looking for a particular set piece. I never found it, but it seemed to me that what CA I used affected what was dropped.